• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'welcome!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      I e-mailed Darren a while back because I'm running into similar problems today.

Hopefully D and G will be able to take a look asap!

Q: are any of you running into any other glitches ?
      The only glitch I am getting is the quote going to the advance editor, otherwise everything works, sometimes the reply button itself takes me to the advance edit screen, but personally I like it in there so I try for it all the time, vBulletin also updated their software recently too on a forum I'm staff of elsewhere so that may be it too

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

TY Awinita.

Have you tried to use the Quick Reply box that shows below threads?

Quick reply box..JPG

Comment

I have used that yes, but my forum settings are newest posts in threads at the top rather then the bottom. So I'm used to using the advance edit window, I believe D or G had a code or tweak to disable the automatic redirect to the advance edit screen when clicking on the reply button in a thread under a post ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean re an "automatic redirect to the advance edit screen",but chances are that if glitches are happening to one feature,they may affect other customisations,or vbb may have changed something.

Let's see what Darren/Greg find though before jumping to any conclusions.

Comment

Normally when you click Reply With Quote the quote goes into the Quick Reply box. Now you go to the advanced editor as if you clicked Go Advanced, and the quote is there.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I think of it as "Go advanced" and you and Awinita call it "Advanced Editor" by the looks of things.

Let's just call this a known issue and move on.

Comment

I put a cloud cache infront of the forum. I'll take it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                    I put a cloud cache infront of the forum. I'll take it off.
                    Thanks Greg! I thought that might be the problem, but I wasn't sure it was a new thing.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

This is just a reminder that the next series of Doctor Who (35/9) starts in a little over 2 weeks & we will need someone to make some official episode discussion threads.

They are keeping lots of the episode titles under wraps but this is what is known so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_%28series_9%29

Episode 1 - The Magician's Apprentice
                      Episode 2 - The Witch's Familiar
                      Episode 3 -
                      Episode 4 -
                      Episode 5 - The Girl Who Died
                      Episode 6 - The Woman Who Lived
                      Episode 7 - Invasion of the Zygons
                      Episode 8 - Inversion of the Zygons
                      Episode 9 -
                      Episode 10 -
                      Episode 11 -
                      Episode 12 -

If somebody could remind Darren? Cheers!

Comment

TY Blen! Just waiting on a reply.

(In case anyone's worried about Continuum S4,I asked about those threads too.)

Comment

Bagpuss,
                          I am new to the Forum having joined last week. I would like to post some pictures and maybe a short video of some Special Ops USAF stuff. Is there anyway you can help or do I just have to wait till my probie status is upgraded. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Hi there and welcome!

You should be able to post pics straight away using the attachments system or via your own Photobucket (or other) account.

Take a look at these posts for examples post 13869 and 13870
                            (Ignore the pieces about the GateWorld Gallery.)

To post videos or vid links you can either just copy/paste a plain link from the source,or embed the video in your post via this button in your reply options: Video icon.JPG

Test it out when you get time,and then I or one of the other Mods will help if you need any assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Will check it out later today.

Comment

I have a very selfish and self absorbed request is there anyway Killjoys can get a sub folder this forum is the only forum I really feel comfortable to really post on I am registered on others but I really only lurk and post very little. Sorry if I annoyed you.
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X