Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's back to normal again now...I restarted my FF and now it workes again though before I restarted it 3 times and it did not....I hate my PC. I feel stupid now, but I would not have asked if It had worked on the 3 restart of my FF, sorry

Thanks for your time

Comment

No worries!
      I was going to vm you and suggest a reboot anyway!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Okay, this is going to be uncomfortable now ...
        Since a couple of weeks I cannot quote anymore. That problem I had before and it was gone with the (at that time) next update.
        But now I'm barely able to write an entry/Reply. I have to leave the board two or three times completely before the Quick Reply or the "Reply to Thread"-Button works again. This problem I have since last Sunday and my first suggestion was, maybe the net/the servers/GW is too crowded. Next was to clean the cookies and whatever else the browser had picked up - but still nothing. So I think it's not really me aka my laptop going crazy ... Any idea?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

GW hasn't had any upgrades or other changes made for quite a while now,and you've already cleared your cookies and cache : so that leaves this as probably a browser problem.

Which Browser are you using? ( IE? FF? ) and which version of Windows are you on? (XP,Vista,7 or 8)

Edit : Also is the problem hitting multi-quote ,where we check the tickboxes then all the requotes appear in the reply box -or is it affecting just the "Reply with Quote" button?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 April 2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

i've been trying to upload a new avatar, and i can't believe how restrictive the pic amount thinger has become. i've got a nice sized folder of avatars i've picked up over the years, and now i can't use 80 percent of them. these avs i've saved used to work here...

[/ends whining
            sally

sigpic

Comment

The Uploader's not been auto-resizing for a while now.

Until that's able to be fixed we're all having to measure Avatars,Profile and sig -pics.

Comment

Since a while now, when I upload pics they only show up as links and not as images in my albums, could this be related to that uploader problem?

Comment

Could be if you used the Uploader to store them because you might have hit the limit on storage.

The bigger the file size-the sooner the attachment limit's reached.

Something to try : downsize one of the ones that only show as links and reload it.

Comment

When I upload then, it says there is still storage left and when I click on the links the pic still shows up as usual in my album, just the small preview does not show up, the one you should see when you click on the album title

I assumed it had something to do with storage but do i tried downsizing a pic alread but that would not work

Comment

As I've said several times here an elsewhere already: the Uploader will be fixed when possible.

As long as you're able to use the pics from your albums in sigs,posts etc ,then there's no real problem.

If instead you find you can't use the stored pics : about all I can suggest is that you re-host them then direct link from PB or wherever you'd usually host the pictures.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

I'm posting from my smartphone as my computer can't find gw. I suspect DNS trouble. Any suggestions?

Finally I'm back. A reboot and tracert seemed to do the trick. :huh:
                            Last edited by maneth; 24 April 2013, 08:54 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

how are the weekly themes decided here? right now it's 'firefly', but is it fan voted, or does a mod decide?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

The mods just pick a theme out of their hats. Folks can contribute ideas if they want, just PM a mod.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X