This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here and here.

I think the problem is somehow being caused by fems' signature, because it occurs under her posts, at the bottom of every page to which she has posted, and on her profile. Very strange.

EDIT: The text under the banner in fems' signature is outside the signaturecontainer div class, which is messing up the page formatting.
    Last edited by Britta; 21 May 2014, 03:01 PM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I can see it too in that thread and in other topics.

All I can do is take it up with Darren and send him the links because it's a template/alignment issue.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

While I'm waiting on Darren to take a look,I've been looking around.Several other Shippers are using the same banner but their sigs aren't stretching the template.
        There's a line of code in fems' sig that isn't in the others,but I'm not prepared to ask her to change anything till we can confirm whether that's necessary.

Comment

Is the strange code between the sigpic tags? That's what I have theorised to be the cause.

Comment

Possibly.

Like I said,I'm not going to ask her to change the sig till Darren and Sky have checked everything out.

Comment

OK, though I did manage to figure out how to reproduce the effect with my own signature.

I now know the cause, though of course I defer to your judgement on the best way to handle it.
              Last edited by Britta; 21 May 2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

FWIW, Fems mentioned it to me earlier. It wasn't causing the issue when I checked it out for her, but it's possible she's got a line of code she doesn't need - there was some issue when we were setting her up initially but this alignment problem is new with some changes made to the sig today.
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                  OK, though I did manage to figure out how to reproduce the effect with my own signature.

I now know the cause, though of course I defer to your judgement on the best way to handle it.
                  The situation will be handled as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                    FWIW, Fems mentioned it to me earlier. It wasn't causing the issue when I checked it out for her, but it's possible she's got a line of code she doesn't need - there was some issue when we were setting her up initially but this alignment problem is new with some changes made to the sig today.
                    If Darren and Sky confirm there are no other template problems other than that line of code,perhaps the easiest solution will be for you all to use the same banner to promote your awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      If Darren and Sky confirm there are no other template problems other than that line of code,perhaps the easiest solution will be for you all to use the same banner to promote your awards.
                      That's certainly the plan. It's the middle of the night for her, but I'll mention this thread to her tomorrow in just in case she doesn't pop in on her own.

Comment

the darker blue margins on the forum definitely look a bit darker to me.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                          That's certainly the plan. It's the middle of the night for her, but I'll mention this thread to her tomorrow in just in case she doesn't pop in on her own.
                          No need for fems to do anything.Darren checked everything out and edited one of her Sig tags.All is well.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            the darker blue margins on the forum definitely look a bit darker to me.
                            Nothing has been changed by GW or vBB.

Could be that your browser or MS changed something in an update...or you may need to check your Monitor's settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              No need for fems to do anything.Darren checked everything out and edited one of her Sig tags.All is well.
                              Fantastic. Thank you!

Comment

Question:

If someone gets banned for breaking the PG-13 barrier, is there a chance for appeal on the basis of insanity, temporary or otherwise?

Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X