Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just tried out that page in FF and the button worked fine,but I'll go try again using Chrome.

Tried in Chrome and IE 10 with no problems and I tried several other random Forum Jumps as well.

Have you checked your Flashplayer ( If applicable) and Java editions?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 October 2013, 04:48 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

FORUM MAILER

Greg's found the source of the problem and repairs will be done very soon.We don't have an exact time-frame,but he may need to take the site/forums offline sometime during Friday or Saturday.

IF we get a more exact time,we'll update this thread,the Server Move thread and the Alphasite/Twitter.

Comment

Update: Mailer's fixed.

Thread subs,Reports etc should be going through properly for most of us.

TY to Greg for all the time he spent getting everything back to normal....and to you all for your patience.

( If there are any lingering problems,post to the "Movin Movin" thread,or pm me/Sky,please.)

Comment

Yay! Thank you Greg

Comment

Is there a mod out there who can help TeylasCool85 log in? I've been communicating with her through twitter. She's tweeted the GW twitter account but I said I'd ask here on her behalf.
            Thank you!!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hello,quick question, i encountered the usual banner Ad, i think it was for Boots, and in the centre of it was a video, and it began playing on its own, i never clicked it, and to be honest i have never encountered one of these on GW before, is it new. it appeared when i posted on my fanclub. Thank you
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Chelle.

The forum mailer's been working fine since Nov 4,so she might have an IP problem,but I've sent a new automated password through to TeylaIsCool85's mail address.

That should get her in,unless she's no longer using that mail address.If not,you might need to pm me or Sky her new one so we can try again.

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                  Hello,quick question, i encountered the usual banner Ad, i think it was for Boots, and in the centre of it was a video, and it began playing on its own, i never clicked it, and to be honest i have never encountered one of these on GW before, is it new. it appeared when i posted on my fanclub. Thank you
                  Haven't seen that ad (yet),and it's not showing up for me in your thread.
                  Usually only a light hover sets off those videos,but the ad should furl back automatically once you move the cursor off the image box.

Try pressing ctrl and F5 to refresh the page.

If that doesn't help,can you take a screencap of the ad and post it in the "Annoying ads" thread? The more info you can grab the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Thanks Chelle.
                    The forum mailer's been working fine since Nov 4,so she might have an IP problem,but I've sent a new automated password through to TeylaIsCool85's mail address.
                    That should get her in,unless she's no longer using that mail address.If not,you might need to pm me or Sky her new one so we can try again.
                    Thank you so much. I'll tweet her though I suspect she's asleep given her time zone.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Righto Chelle.

Hopefully her old e-mail's still valid.If not ,can you ask her for the new addy and send it to me in pm.For her security,best she doesn't tweet the address but DM's it or mails you!

Comment

Righto Chelle.
                        Hopefully her old e-mail's still valid.If not ,can you ask her for the new addy and send it to me in pm.For her security,best she doesn't tweet the address but DM's it or mails you!
                        Will do. Thanks again. Much appreciated.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Haven't seen that ad (yet),and it's not showing up for me in your thread.
                          Usually only a light hover sets off those videos,but the ad should furl back automatically once you move the cursor off the image box.

Try pressing ctrl and F5 to refresh the page.

If that doesn't help,can you take a screencap of the ad and post it in the "Annoying ads" thread? The more info you can grab the better.
                          It didnt unfurl like the normal Ads do on here it was like when you go on PB and the video plays on its own, It was like a normal Ad. which you have to click on, then it had a lil video in the centre was weird, and i will try and take a capture of it, thank you
                          sigpic

Comment

Righto Chelle.
                            Thank you Bagpuss - TeylasCool85 has successfully logged into GW. Another happy satisfied customer!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Totally off-the-wall suggestion that may well have been made before:

I have my view of the forum set up to show the full listings for only The General's Office, SG-1, and The Commissary, and I usually keep the others collapsed. I'd happily leave SciFi Stream expanded, except that there are approximately a gajillion subsections in it that I have no interest in seeing, and only about three or four that I do. I don't suppose it's ever been considered to look for a way in which the subsections within a particular subforum could be selectively collapsed or hidden from view, leaving only those in which a particular user is interested? (In other words, the same thing we do now with subfora, only at one level farther in?)

Just a thought, and worth exactly what it cost to type.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Try this as a work-round : sub to the sections/threads you're interested in and ( if you wish ,add them to RSS Feed to catch new topics ),then collapse the SFS section.

As to whether or not the SF Stream section could be restructured the way you're suggesting: that's one for Darren to consider.

Ask here : SciFi Stream Announcements & Questions or send him an e-mail explaining your suggestion.

( If he sees your post and answers in here,I'll drop you a VM.)

Comment

Working...
                                X