This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.
    I have a question on pic size for the threads...I know I have to keep them below 100kb and I'm working real hard at complying with that, but just lately I have got some that, although being below the 100, are really wide...one is 1024x532, or 885x460 (it gave me both in dimensions) but showing as only 24.64 KB....
    So my question is, where exactly does the 700 figure I hear about, come in. Is it the width? Do I have to watch the dimensions as closely as the KB?
    I'm sorry if this sounds dumb
    sigpic

Comment

hey,Dell!

Yes the 700 px is the width measurement and as important as the 100KB on pics/animated gifs in posts and sigs.
      ( Unless Darren /Sky ever up the limits.)

If you have Photobucket or Imageshack,there's a way to post pics as Thumbnails.That automatically reduces even really large pics.

Been hunting for this post by Nolamom and found it at last : ( Link to posting thumbnails.Follow on for a mini-tutorial)
      Hope that helps !
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

As Baggie said, both limits count. Less than 700 wide AND less than 100K
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          hey,Dell!

Yes the 700 px is the width measurement and as important as the 100KB on pics/animated gifs in posts and sigs.
          ( Unless Darren /Sky ever up the limits.)

If you have Photobucket or Imageshack,there's a way to post pics as Thumbnails.That automatically reduces even really large pics.

Been hunting for this post by Nolamom and found it at last : ( Link to posting thumbnails.Follow on for a mini-tutorial)
          Hope that helps !
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          As Baggie said, both limits count. Less than 700 wide AND less than 100K
          Yes thanks a lot...is what I suspected, and I will use the thumb nail option.
          (and I will cap smaller too )
          Thanks for being so quick off the mark in telling me too, things sometimes get lost in the time zones
          sigpic

Comment

You're very welcome ,Dell,and thanks for the TY!

Good luck with the pics!

Comment

I put this question on another thread, but got to thinking it may be more appropriate here:

"What to do about someone who is constantly starting personal chitchats with other forum members (like: "Hey, (forum member). How's it going?" and then proceeding to have a conversation about personal stuff) in many of the threads that have specific topics, and not in the off topic forum where those things belong?"

Comment

Use the report feature or pm me and I'll take your complaint to the other Moderators.

Comment

Reposting this from the Server Move thread because there are some post-move issues still affecting some of you :

To All :

Till Greg can take a look at the Mailer system,please feel free to PM me ,Skydiver ,jasminaGo or Rosehawk with any requests for Mod action.

(examples : Thread retitles,Polls,reports of rule violations,anything else you think needs a Mod's attention.)

Also : if you need to change your Forum E-mail address ,let me or Skydiver know in PM.
                  If we can't sort an issue out in-forum we may need to e-mail you at your current Forum Account address.

Comment

Question:

If I wanted to change my nickname for the forum, is that something that can be done?

I just want to change it from FlyBoyFanGirl to FanGirl without losing my rank.

Comment

Yes.Only one change is allowed,but I just checked the database,and "FanGirl" isn't in use by anyone.

I can make the change right now if that's ok with you?

Comment

Yes.Only one change is allowed,but I just checked the database,and "FanGirl" isn't in use by anyone.

I can make the change right now if that's ok with you?
                        Woohoo!!! Please do! And thanks Baggy!!!

Comment

Done,and you're welcome!

Any old requotes of your posts will still carry the previous name,but basically you're good to go.

Comment

hi, for some reason i am no longer being notified of new posts on the threads i follow. i unsubscribed and resubscribed but still don't get the emails. am i doing something wrong?

Comment

It's nothing you did. The mailer system is down so no one is getting any mails. Until that's fixed you'll just have to check your Controls for the list of your subscribed threads.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll try it again now, but it seems like the green smiley doesn't work anymore.

Okay, now it does. I don't know what happened there, but I tried it in the off-topic section a few times and it kept doing this ": d" without the space in-between the colon and the lower-case d. Maybe it was just something I did. I don't know.

I just tried again there, and it still doesn't work there for some reason, but it looks like it works up here. Here's a link to the post where this happens: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post13994276

I tried using the option on the smiley menu too, and it still doesn't work. I know it's small, but thanks for any help with this when you can.
                                Last edited by The Lady Blue; 19 October 2013, 02:41 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X