This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.Thanks,Alan.

How many KB do you have stored as files /pics as Attachments just now?

(Look in My Controls->My Settings-> Miscellaneous-> click on "My Attachments" and that gives you the Stats.)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
      Hello dears I found a lovely picture to use as my sig, now, it is lovely and clear, but the moment i download it from my pooter to here it looks blurry, and. well, rubbish *points to it below v* This happens to all ma pictures.Thank you
      You'll need to run your pics through a photo prog to sharpen the images/text,then re-load them.

Have you got MS Office Picture Manager or any other art progs installed on your comp?

Idea : ask in here Artwork for All... or Members helping Members.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Ok.Thanks,Alan.

How many KB do you have stored as files /pics as Attachments just now?

(Look in My Controls->My Settings-> Miscellaneous-> click on "My Attachments" and that gives you the Stats.)
        According to the Stats, I'm currently using 6.61MB of storage.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

That means you've still got room for more,though there's a limit you'll hit at some point.
          I noticed 3 pics only show once the link's clicked so they're stored ,but not for immediate view.

Others have reported that their attachments don't show up except as a link in posts too,so I'll have to ask Darren if it's a template issue and get back to you.

Comment

Thank you dear, and even if i had those things I'm as thick as a brick so i wont be able to use em. and thank you i will pop over to that thread ((((((((Baggy))))))))) *leaves battenburg*
            sigpic

Comment

That means you've still got room for more,though there's a limit you'll hit at some point.
              I noticed 3 pics only show once the link's clicked so they're stored ,but not for immediate view.

Others have reported that their attachments don't show up except as a link in posts too,so I'll have to ask Darren if it's a template issue and get back to you.
              Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                Thank you dear, and even if i had those things I'm as thick as a brick so i wont be able to use em. and thank you i will pop over to that thread ((((((((Baggy))))))))) *leaves battenburg*
                Y'welcome Pooks!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you.
                No probs,and y'welcome.

Mailed for advice,so when I get a reply,I'll post here and probably drop you a VM if you're offline.

Comment

Y'welcome Pooks!

No probs,and y'welcome.

Mailed for advice,so when I get a reply,I'll post here and probably drop you a VM if you're offline.
                  I'd appreciate that.

Comment

Here we go!

The amount you have stored in your attachments doesn't include any pics stored in your albums .They're on two different settings.
                    Albums and Attachments are completely separate,and the setting for a member's "Maximum Total File-Size of Album Photos" is currently uncapped (no maximum.)

So...basically this is a vbb display problem.

Darren's advice is to move the three images that only show as a url to a new Album and see if they then display properly.
                    The pics are definitely already loaded on the GW Server,otherwise the links wouldn't work.

Hopefully Vbb will fix the situation at some point in a future upgrade!

Comment

Here we go!

The amount you have stored in your attachments doesn't include any pics stored in your albums .They're on two different settings.
                      Albums and Attachments are completely separate,and the setting for a member's "Maximum Total File-Size of Album Photos" is currently uncapped (no maximum.)

So...basically this is a vbb display problem.

Darren's advice is to move the three images that only show as a url to a new Album and see if they then display properly.
                      The pics are definitely already loaded on the GW Server,otherwise the links wouldn't work.

Hopefully Vbb will fix the situation at some point in a future upgrade!
                      Massive thanks to you and Darren! I guess then that it is just a case of playing a waiting game for an upgrade. I look forward to a fully functioning photo upload service from Vbb in the near future!

Comment

You're very welcome,Alan.

Here's hoping the developers fix it all asap!

Comment

Or, if moving them to a different album doesn't help, try removing them and re-adding one at a time.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

You're very welcome,Alan.

Here's hoping the developers fix it all asap!

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            Or, if moving them to a different album doesn't help, try removing them and re-adding one at a time.
                            I can't remember if that was one of the combinations of uploading I tried. I'll certainly give it a go (again? ) and see what happens.

EDIT: Tried uploading just one picture from photobucket and sadly the same result. It uploads but no actual thumbnail picture. Just the URL link appearing.
                            Last edited by Alan; 30 September 2013, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Is there somewhere to nominate themes for months? For example, hint, November 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who...

Comment

We usually post a reminder in the monthly Theme threads asking for ideas to sent via Pm to me,Sky,Jasmina or Rosehawk.

( That said : already quite a few nominations for DW's Golden Anniversary ,so no need to do that this time round!)

Comment

Working...
                                X