• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hi fems!

Just checked it out and your link led to this error notice at the host site

"403 Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /photos/stargate/promo028.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.37 Server at rdanderson.com Port 80["

Looks like a fix needed by their Admin,or a new link inserted,so about all you can do is go to the Site and contact KateR C/o : mail -at-rdanderson-dot-com
    But how come the links (and the pic) work fine for me? And why can I see the picture here, both in my post and a quote, while others can't?
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Could be your Browser cached the image.

All I can see is the requote of someone else's post ,a blank space then the url in your hyperlink.

If you click on the requote button you'll see that the middle link is in IMG and /IMG code so that probably counts as direct linking from rdanderson.com.They might have a block in place to prevent that.

About all I can suggest is you try again to post the images as an attachment and/ or from PB or whichever hosting site you use.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hmm. I guess it'll remain a mystery then as I've used links like that before in a chat and quite possibly even here on GW and they always worked fine. If it was just the image then I'd shrug and pass it off to something like that but the regular hyperlink not working either (which was just to a photo gallery on the website and later even one to the website itself) is just odd.

Thanks anyway, Bagpuss.
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Y'welcome!

When I tried to check some of the big picture galleries,all I'm able to see is the message "Under construction thank you for your patience" ,so it looks like they're possibly re-structuring the site, if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Y'welcome!

When I tried to check some of the big picture galleries,all I'm able to see is the message "Under construction thank you for your patience" ,so it looks like they're possibly re-structuring the site, if that helps.
            You don't see the pictures when you click on the thumbnails on the left? That's really strange, as I can see a big version on the "under construction" area.

And another member of GW did see the picture after logging in here when quoting and previewing and then going back to the original post they were able to see the picture too (even after logging out again)...
            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I saw the pics...but I found I can't re-post exact links even here as a test.(Hence their "Under construction" Notice?)

This isn't a GW hiccup,and from what I've read on the Ship Appreciation thread ,people can view an earlier post that contains the image so that issue is already solved.

What I CAN do is ask the other Mods to check all the links and see what they see.

Comment

Yes, it wasn't so much the not seeing of the picture that was my concern but the fact that people apparently couldn't see/use the pics and links I was posting despite myself not having any problems with them.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Yep.

So far neither I nor one of the other Mods can view the pics.

Waiting on the US Mods could take some time,but they'll check it all as soon as they can.

Comment

Thanks, Bagpuss.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Ok...now tried it in several different combos of browser and OS.

IE8 and 9 with Win 7 ,Vista and XP : only saw a red X in place of the links and the same error notices on the other one.

My javascript dropped out twice using FF 18 /Win 7 when I tried to get though on your links,then suddenly the pic showed up once I reloaded Java from scratch, including the update that came through about 20 minutes ago.

I've had to change the pic img links to urls because Direct linking and Java problems seems to be what caused the originals not to show to everyone.

(*It might be a good idea for those of you on Firefox to re-check your Javascript and other settings asap.
                      Standard advice this last piece.)

Comment

Could this be related to the Java weakness (not Javascript) that U.S. Homeworldland Security has been warning about?

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I get a 'permission denied' too on my iPad. One thing to consider, Kate once mentioned how many dozens of gigs she goes through, and has to pay for, due to hotlinking. maybe the site has run out of bandwidth, maybe things have been done to curb hotlinking. Maybe you now have to be signed in to see them, maybe it's a glitch, maybe there's issues on the site.

Could be anything frankly.

Some seeing it and some not could be cached pages, could be a membership issue, could be a location issue.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            Could this be related to the Java weakness (not Javascript) that U.S. Homeworldland Security has been warning about?

Seaboe
                            Anything is possible, however I'd bet its' more related to rdanderson.com's host and maybe too much bandwidth or something like that.

If you're worried about java, they came out with an update yesterday that plugs the hole

on a windows PC, go to the control panel and the programs or where you add/remove programs (You may need to noodle around to find it simply because the where and how varies from OS to OS. But you'll find hte java control panel.

Open that and you'll see a tab for updates. Click on that and choose to update java. You'll update and you'll be running a safer version and won't have to worry about the exploit.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi mods, just a quick thing that came up on S/J ship family thread... We allowed to refer to Pete as the Spud/Mr Potatohead (as per Joe Mallozzi's comments) or is that a no go phrase? Thanks!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Answered as far as I can at this point in the SJ Ship Appreciation thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X