Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't having any problems the past few days when everyone else was, but today - just signed on about 10 min ago the forums are sloooowwwww. Seems part of the page loads ok then it sits on 'transferring data from forum.gateworld.net'. For not seconds but minutes.

P.S. Other sites are working fine.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Same for me as for a lot of others here. I'm using Firefox 4.0.1, with the latest Adblock Plus, in a Win7 environment, and the page will load most of the way, then just stick for a minute or two, sometimes longer, on something that either refuses to finish loading, or else does so but only after a very long time.

My ISP is Cox Communications, but I don't think it's them.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        I wasn't having any problems the past few days when everyone else was, but today - just signed on about 10 min ago the forums are sloooowwwww. Seems part of the page loads ok then it sits on 'transferring data from forum.gateworld.net'. For not seconds but minutes.

P.S. Other sites are working fine.
        Same here, and I have Comcast and everything else on the internet is just fine [and fast]
        sigpic

Comment

I seem to be full of issues this week.

Now I can't multi-quote. I've asked others and they aren't having problems. Maybe my internet doing something funny?
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
            I seem to be full of issues this week.

Now I can't multi-quote. I've asked others and they aren't having problems. Maybe my internet doing something funny?
            Same for me, so it is not just you. It has nothing to do with my ISP, nor yours to be sure. That said it is possibly just the server getting used to the new tweaks and addons.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Sorry greg
              It's hanging for me too. FF 3.6.17

it doesn't seem to want to load the bottom of the page

when i was looking on safari on my Touch, it loaded just fine, but on the lappy it's not working well.

I think it's a problem with the quick navigation bar, because instead of all the options, this is all I get
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

screen cap
                Attached Files
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  screen cap
                  I'm replying to this post as I can't reach the Bottom of the page to Post my own

Each page is hanging on the wait for forumGW.com to load and takes more than enough time to make a coffee
                  http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                  sigpic

Comment

Amqazingly enough there is a button at the top of every thread marked POST REPLY....

However mutliquote is broken as Obi (AtlantisRules!!!) has mentioned

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      Sorry greg
                      It's hanging for me too. FF 3.6.17

it doesn't seem to want to load the bottom of the page

when i was looking on safari on my Touch, it loaded just fine, but on the lappy it's not working well.

I think it's a problem with the quick navigation bar, because instead of all the options, this is all I get
                      Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                      I'm replying to this post as I can't reach the Bottom of the page to Post my own

Each page is hanging on the wait for forumGW.com to load and takes more than enough time to make a coffee
                      Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      Amqazingly enough there is a button at the top of every thread marked POST REPLY....

multi quote works for me
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Er...no it's not. Unless it's been fixed since you posted that. I just tried it, it works fine.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I never knew....
                          http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                          sigpic

Comment

Darren will need to fix the templates

Comment

Got another problem. On the "About Me" portion of my profile, the background fill has vanished, leaving it transparent to the background photo I have behind everything on my profile page. The text is rendered in some deep gray color that I appear to have no control over, and therefore it is nearly impossible to read any of the "About Me" material without using the cursor to highlight it.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Quicknav is working again, yet im still seeing "Transferring Data from"

I'll keep fiddling with templates.

Comment

Working...
                                X