Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be.Have you ploughed through Google Chrome Help yet ?

Just thinking they might have some answers there regarding your version of Chrome ,or a contact guru who might know a fast fix.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
      I don't have any add ons...probably just a bug in Chrome
      Most likely IMO. Chrome has some odd bugs now and then. And the most recent update (from a couple days ago) buggered a lot of things up.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Upgrades: can't run systems without them :can't get anything done with 'em till they stabilise.

Comment

When there's a major software upgrade, I often wait a week or three to see what the reactions are before I upgrade.

let others deal with the bugs
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi there.
            I wrote one post in this forum and I'm not visiting it anymore, so I decided I want to delete my account. Then I found out that you can't.
            Now I at least would like my name to be changed into some random string of letters.
            Then I found out I can't send PMs since I'm still a probie.
            So I hope it's right to contact you here:
            Dear Moderators, could you change my usename into a random string of letters?

Comment

If you're absolutely certain you want to leave instead of just posting till you go onto normal status,that's fine.It's entirely your call.

Skydiver will be in later,and will find ways to permanently lock out your account.

( Not sure if she'll be willing to change your name to a random string as well for database reasons,but she can answer that one for herself !)

Comment

hi Lou
                I'll need to think about scrambling your username, however I can certainly lock the account. If you ever decide to come back, you'll just need to start over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I'll need to think about scrambling your username, however I can certainly lock the account. If you ever decide to come back, you'll just need to start over.
                  What does locking an account mean? Can't log in, no av/sig, but posts remain?
                  sigpic

Comment

Basically they have no access. We scramble the password and email and then no one but the admin can access the accounts. It preserves the posts but disables the account.

sigpic

Comment

How long will this Skyline Advert be here on GateWorld.

I am sorry but it is a pain in the Mik'ta!

Thanks and just wondering? I know adverts are good, just not this one
                      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                      sigpic
                      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

I do not understand how others are still getting the Skyline ads, I've stopped getting them when the movie opened in theatres. Never saw it since. that was back in Oct/Nov last year.

How are people still getting it ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The ads aren't for a theatrical release .

They're promotions hosted by Gorilla Nation for the Bluray and DVD release and are already being discussed in the "Problems with a GateWorld Ad? -Provide Ad Details " thread .

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
                            How long will this Skyline Advert be here on GateWorld.

I am sorry but it is a pain in the Mik'ta!

Thanks and just wondering? I know adverts are good, just not this one
                            Waited on Darren's reply to the "Problems with a GateWorld Ad " thread .

Please view his answer here

Comment

Hypothetical question - if someone keeps constantly posting wider images than forum rules allow, could the worst consequence be getting banned for some time? Or is this punishment too harsh?
                              sigpic

Comment

Of the previous question, are wider pictures than the forum allows within spoiler tags acceptable?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X