Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been hanging around here for two years now, and this question only just recently occured to me. Through all this time I've been voting a rank for the various threads clear down at the second prompt to post. Recently it occured to me that the rating I've prechosen might be there if I simply post at the first prompting. Do I need to use the second prompt to rate the thread? Or can I use the first? I'm stuck on a lousy laptop that is hard to scroll and am curious.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      I've been hanging around here for two years now, and this question only just recently occurred to me. Through all this time I've been voting a rank for the various threads clear down at the second prompt to post. Recently it occurred to me that the rating I've prechosen might be there if I simply post at the first prompting. Do I need to use the second prompt to rate the thread? Or can I use the first? I'm stuck on a lousy laptop that is hard to scroll and am curious.
      I am not sure what you are asking here.

When are you getting a *prompt* to choose a rating for any thread? that is purely voluntary.

You don't ever have to rate a thread if you chose not too.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Can we remove everybody's green, delete any "free green" threads, and then have green as a true indicator of posting quality as opposed the current silliness?

Just a thought!
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
          Can we remove everybody's green, delete any "free green" threads, and then have green as a true indicator of posting quality as opposed the current silliness?

Just a thought!
          Nope
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            I am not sure what you are asking here.

When are you getting a *prompt* to choose a rating for any thread? that is purely voluntary.

You don't ever have to rate a thread if you chose not too.
            No, I want to rate the thread, I just don't want the nightmare of trying to scroll anymore than necessary. Hoping I can rate with the first "Submit Reply" rather than the second one further down. Does the rating I've preselected count if I just use the first?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              No, I want to rate the thread, I just don't want the nightmare of trying to scroll anymore than necessary. Hoping I can rate with the first "Submit Reply" rather than the second one further down. Does the rating I've preselected count if I just use the first?
              The only place I know of that you can *Rate* a thread is here

located at the top of each thread.....so I am not sure what you are referring to still????

Comment

The only place I know of that you can *Rate* a thread is here
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...res/rate_3.jpg
                located at the top of each thread.....so I am not sure what you are referring to still????
                I don't have any clue how to post these kind of pictures but! In the expanded page where one types up the posts, there is additional options. You can show your sig, enable/disable smilies, manage attachments, subscribe to the thread, and rate the sig. There is then a second "submit post" button. The rate the thread option, once selected is always there. Ie, I don't have to say 5 stars each time.

Again, I'm hoping that I don't have to scroll clear down. *wonders how the kids use these blasted computers*
                sigpic

Comment

We merge threads that aren't as well defined as you seem to think they are. If for some reason you or another feels a thread has been merged in error we have always asked that the member use the report post function on the first post of the defined thread and explain why they feel it should be a separate thread in the message box.

we will review it again and determine if a mistake was made. However, the moderators do read the threads for the most part prior to merging.

Also keep in mind, we do not define a *Well Defined Thread* as one that TRIES to make a subject into a topic just so the person can say they started a thread or they feel their opinion is just too important to be lost among so many others.
                  Thanks. I guess it's just that my other regular haunts don't have the type of general 'megathreads' you get here. I suppose it's just a matter of perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper
                    If I'm not mistaking this is what you're talking about:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1098/...ratethread.jpg

Hope this helps 'cause you said: "I don't have any clue how to post these kind of pictures but!"

For the answer, that you'll have to ask Tame or another mod to be 100% sure.

And oh, I cannot put the image here in IMG tags 'cause its way too big for that.

- Jasper
                    Exactly, Jper! Thanks for the visual.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't know about that piece since I don't use ....sorry

I will thank PH for PMing me with the information as well since we prefer that members not answer in this thread or PM the member asking the question directly (yes Jper that was directed at you *wags finger*)

I am glad you now know that there are two places you can rate a thread - so if you do not want to scroll - please click on the thread title and at the top of the thread you will see a *Rate this thread* drop down that allows you to rate it with out scrolling

Comment

If I subscribe to a thread, and it is merged with another thread, how would that show up on my subscritptions.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                          If I subscribe to a thread, and it is merged with another thread, how would that show up on my subscritptions.
                          not sure has that happened to you yet??

Comment

not sure has that happened to you yet??
                            Not sure, that's wh I ask, cause I have alot of threads on subscribe, but I go to my controls and that shows me only the subscribed threads that were newly posted to, so if the name of the thread changes, it probably wouldn't show if it were merged under a new name, right?
                            And I only keep track of the subscribed threads thru that system in my controls.
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

The posts from any thread you sub to should once merged still show on your subscribed threads under the retitle .
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Why must we wait 120 seconds until we are allowed to PM different people?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X