This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i thought of that, but even when a member deletes their post, the mods can still see a 'deleted by...' comment, and we have access to the post. It's not as much deleted as made invisible.

there's none of that. We looked, thinking that maybe someone was deleting their own posts, but see no sign
    If you look at the beginning of the thread, there's a 6 week gap between the 2nd and 3rd posts. It's like the thread was bumping up against a limit and the oldest posts being deleted to compensate, with Sally's 1st 2 posts being immune. I wonder if that 6 week gap is where the missing 10 pages were.

Mike

Comment

It's such a long thread though.. I guess Mods have a faster way of searching for such things..

Could be a server or a database error.. Maybe there is something in the error logs that could provide the answer.. If the posts have been made invisible but are still there it could be an error with the PostID.. But Greg knows more about that than I do..

*goes to learn more about vBulletin software*

Comment

Originally posted by mapsc View Post
        If you look at the beginning of the thread, there's a 6 week gap between the 2nd and 3rd posts. It's like the thread was bumping up against a limit and the oldest posts being deleted to compensate, with Sally's 1st 2 posts being immune. I wonder if that 6 week gap is where the missing 10 pages were.

Mike
        A pretty good theory,but alas,not the case.
        The missing posts were removed by the members themselves,not by a glitch.

Edit :Also, a lot of posts were a little later added to the S/J Shippers Archive thread see post

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        It's such a long thread though.. I guess Mods have a faster way of searching for such things..

Could be a server or a database error.. Maybe there is something in the error logs that could provide the answer.. If the posts have been made invisible but are still there it could be an error with the PostID.. But Greg knows more about that than I do..

*goes to learn more about vBulletin software*
        Whatever the problem is ,Greg will find it .
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 December 2009, 05:42 PM. Reason: found another bit of info
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It's the holidays, and as I read through this thread tonight, I just want to take a moment to send a holiday thank you to the mods for all the time and effort they give to Gateworld all year long. I've been a member of Gateworld for almost five years now, and the longer I'm here, the longer I appreciate the mods. They've helped me post polls and resolve technical issues on several occasions, and they're always responsive and polite.

I've also witnessed several occasions where mods have had to diffuse disagreements, and with the passion everyone here feels for his/her point of view, that's not an easy job. And I think that on most occasions, the diplomatic skills of the mods far exceed those of the diplomats of the IOA.

So...it just seems appropriate to say thanks to our mods for all they do.

And thanks to Darren for creating this place for all of us to enjoy.

Happy holidays to all!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            It's the holidays, and as I read through this thread tonight, I just want to take a moment to send a holiday thank you to the mods for all the time and effort they give to Gateworld all year long. I've been a member of Gateworld for almost five years now, and the longer I'm here, the longer I appreciate the mods. They've helped me post polls and resolve technical issues on several occasions, and they're always responsive and polite.

I've also witnessed several occasions where mods have had to diffuse disagreements, and with the passion everyone here feels for his/her point of view, that's not an easy job. And I think that on most occasions, the diplomatic skills of the mods far exceed those of the diplomats of the IOA.

So...it just seems appropriate to say thanks to our mods for all they do.

And thanks to Darren for creating this place for all of us to enjoy.

Happy holidays to all!
            I would like to second this.
            Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
            ---
            sigpic

Comment

Hey mods,
              Thank you for rescuing the Sam/Jack Ship Appreciation Thread from the jaws of ... whatever was munching on it.

Could you please restore the little heart icon to the thread title instead of the notes/paper icon, though? The Sam/Jack Discussion thread has paper on it and with the titles being so similar I've come to rely on the icons to help me tell them apart.

Thanks!

Comment

Done !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Question: Is gateworld having a odd glitch again? For some reason I am seeing this on my My Controls area.

Welcome: <Name>
                    You last visited: yesterday at: <time>

Normally this says the following, but I'm getting the above....

Welcome: <name>
                    You last visited: yesterday: <time>
                    Private Messages: X of X

For some odd reason the private messages notice is not there any more ?

EDIT: I think I figured it out but I want to be sure here so I can laugh along with everybody. When in user control panel to edit options, and turning OFF private messages, this makes the PM notice disappear?
                    Last edited by Princess Awinita; 13 December 2009, 07:13 PM.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                      Question: Is gateworld having a odd glitch again? For some reason I am seeing this on my My Controls area.

Welcome: <Name>
                      You last visited: yesterday at: <time>

Normally this says the following, but I'm getting the above....

Welcome: <name>
                      You last visited: yesterday: <time>
                      Private Messages: X of X

For some odd reason the private messages notice is not there any more ?

EDIT: I think I figured it out but I want to be sure here so I can laugh along with everybody. When in user control panel to edit options, and turning OFF private messages, this makes the PM notice disappear?
                      Yup just tested it and that is what happens when you turn off PMs
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                        Yup just tested it and that is what happens when you turn off PMs
                        Oh good, thought gateworld was having a glitch,

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

When I go to my controls to see which of my subscribed threads have new posts and I click the title of the thread it will randomly (and this is only today it has started this) unsubscribe me from the thread.

Am I the only one this is happening to? Is it a glitch?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                            When I go to my controls to see which of my subscribed threads have new posts and I click the title of the thread it will randomly (and this is only today it has started this) unsubscribe me from the thread.

Am I the only one this is happening to? Is it a glitch?
                            possibly a glitch....you might want to post this over in the members helping members to see if anyone else had this issue and solved it OR if anyone is just having the same problem...if so we can let Greg know
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

here's an odd problem, it started last night before bed and has been driving me nuts since. Basically, the little "show more" button for show recent reputation comments, when click it to close said comments, the page stretches out so much you have to hit refresh to see everything properly >.<

Basically it shows the two bars, marked as....
                              Episodes| |Omnipedia| |Franchise| |News| |Interviews| |Gallery| |Podcast| |Forum
                              Gateworld home| |FAQ| |Rules| |New posts| |Search| |links| UserCP| |logout|

With a HUGE needless space between them like such....

Bar one
                              HUGE space (about 40 or so lines in length)
                              Bar two

Everything else is also stretched and isolated by too much space, I tried refreshing my browser, even closing and restarting it, no go.

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                                here's an odd problem, it started last night before bed and has been driving me nuts since. Basically, the little "show more" button for show recent reputation comments, when click it to close said comments, the page stretches out so much you have to hit refresh to see everything properly >.<

Basically it shows the two bars, marked as....
                                Episodes| |Omnipedia| |Franchise| |News| |Interviews| |Gallery| |Podcast| |Forum
                                Gateworld home| |FAQ| |Rules| |New posts| |Search| |links| UserCP| |logout|

With a HUGE needless space between them like such....

Bar one
                                HUGE space (about 40 or so lines in length)
                                Bar two

Everything else is also stretched and isolated by too much space, I tried refreshing my browser, even closing and restarting it, no go.
                                i've noticed issues also using IE8 and the top of the forum are you using IE??
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X