Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ! Send Skydiver or TameFarrar a private message ,stating your reasons for the name change.

I'm not sure when they'll next log into the forum ,so if you haven't had a reply to the pm by the time you log out ,and find you can't log in next time as "GateTrek" ,try logging in with the new name in case they've already made the change .
    (Keep your current password ,in case of complications !)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hi mods,
      what happened to the Rush's alterior motive thread???

I thought the debate never crossed any lines, unless i missed something in some of the posts I skipped over.

Cheers in advance for the feedack.
      Last edited by Phenom; 08 July 2009, 04:32 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I would say, for any and ALL name chnages, yes, you PM Tame or I, but they do have to meet a couple of criteria

We need to know why (for example I once had a person that was in a role play and wanted to change his user name every time his character was promoted. I said no. Your name is who you are, quite literally, thus not something that should be changed at the drop of a hat.

If we agree, it is a ONE TIME ONLY thing.

So it needs to be for a good reason, if we agree that your reason is a 'good one' it will only be changed once
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

is there a way to block animated avatars?? with out blocking the person in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Hi mods,
            what happened to the Rush's alterior motive thread???

I thought the debate never crossed any lines, unless i missed something in some of the posts I skipped over.

Cheers in advance for the feedack.
            Thread's been tucked away to be rested and reviewed as there were several complaints made to the Mods about certain posts .

It'll be back out asap.

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
            is there a way to block animated avatars?? with out blocking the person in general.
            No way to only block animated avatars ,except to either place a user on "Ignore" ,or do the following actions :

Open your control panel->Go to edit options->scroll down to Thread display options-> un-check the "Show Avatars" box ->scroll down and click on "Save changes".

If you do that ,you won't be able to see other members' avatars or your own,but it saves putting members on ignore.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've noticed, of late, that when using the 'quote' button when replying to a post that the page stretches horizontally. Is this a temporary glitch, or is it IE8 related?

EDIT: It's happening with the 'post reply' button also.
              Last edited by ScifigirlSG; 08 July 2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Thread's been tucked away to be rested and reviewed as there were several complaints made to the Mods about certain posts .
                It'll be back out asap.

No way to only block animated avatars ,except to either place a user on "Ignore" ,or do the following actions :

Open your control panel->Go to edit options->scroll down to Thread display options-> un-check the "Show Avatars" box ->scroll down and click on "Save changes".

If you do that ,you won't be able to see other members' avatars or your own,but it saves putting members on ignore.
                Thanks for the reply!
                sigpic

Comment

Oooooh!
                  I like the new background, very nice.
                  Any chance of making the symbols stand out a little more though?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                    Oooooh!
                    i agree. i was a little shocked lol but i can barely see the symbols. could greg fix it?
                    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Will the new background be a permanant thing? Or just last a few days like the ads do on the side bars?

I ask as they look great!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                        Oooooh!
                        Originally posted by susanne View Post
                        i agree. i was a little shocked lol but i can barely see the symbols. could greg fix it?
                        Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        Will the new background be a permanant thing? Or just last a few days like the ads do on the side bars?

I ask as they look great!!
                        Uh, what symbols? Not that it represents a huge problem but all I see is a very depressing black page... It looks a bit bleak.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

JW maybe your screen is too dark?

I love it I would rather have this than that flat boring blue
                          sigpic

Comment

Jaded is right, the black background with Gate chevrons is depressing. Please, make it blue or green or...whatever you like, but not black .
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not too picky about colors (though I probably liked the blue a bit better), but there's a rather pronounced lag that occurs when I'm scrolling that wasn't here before. Could that have something to do with the new skin?
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I am having no problem scrolling
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X