Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it always been possible to compare edited posts, or is that a newer feature?

Just out of curiosity really.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is my first time on the forum, and I don't know if I'm in the right place or anything. Anyway, I'm trying to find out about the role playing game. I cannot find any information about how to buy the game software and etc. I keep looking but not finding. Also, no stores like Best Buy or Game Stop know anything. Also, I need to know about computer system requirements, and etc. Can you get me started and tell me what specific site has this info.? Also, I don't know what Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced really mean --

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Has there been any further discussion to maybe give those thread their own sub-forum in that folder?
        Yes,but the discussions aren't complete.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Has it always been possible to compare edited posts, or is that a newer feature?

Just out of curiosity really.
        I think it's been possible since the last two vBB Upgrades in 2008 and earlier this year.

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        This is my first time on the forum, and I don't know if I'm in the right place or anything. Anyway, I'm trying to find out about the role playing game. I cannot find any information about how to buy the game software and etc. I keep looking but not finding. Also, no stores like Best Buy or Game Stop know anything. Also, I need to know about computer system requirements, and etc. Can you get me started and tell me what specific site has this info.? Also, I don't know what Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced really mean --
        Do you mean the Stargate Worlds RPG game ? It isn't out yet to buy ,but there's a thread here where you can find out more and get direct help from other members :
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=23416&page=31

The official website address is here at : http://www.stargateworlds.com/

"Quick reply" gives you less options to use in wording your posts and is sent through to threads faster as there is less information to load .

"Go advanced" means you can use the fuller range of smilicons,fonts,spoiler tags etc displayed in the controls ,but makes for slightly slower replies.

Good luck...and welcome to the forum !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I think it's been possible since the last two vBB Upgrades in 2008 and earlier this year.
          Oh right... interesting. Thanks.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Y'welcome FH ! It's possible that Darren/Admins get a different view of older posts though,hence the "I think"...
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Yes,but the discussions aren't complete.

Do you mean the Stargate Worlds RPG game ? It isn't out yet to buy ,but there's a thread here where you can find out more and get direct help from other members :
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=23416&page=31

The official website address is here at : http://www.stargateworlds.com/

"Quick reply" gives you less options to use in wording your posts and is sent through to threads faster as there is less information to load .

"Go advanced" means you can use the fuller range of smilicons,fonts,spoiler tags etc displayed in the controls ,but makes for slightly slower replies.

Good luck...and welcome to the forum !
              Thanks, but I'm not so interested in the Stargate Worlds RPG, since it's not out yet. I'm in the current / old RPG. No site seems to say anything about actually buying the software, etc. Does anyone out there play it?

Comment

sterling, if you could provide a link and/or more info, it would help. We're not quite sure what RPG you are talking about.

There was a book and paper-based RPG published by Alderac several years ago.

There is a fan-run RPG or two conducted in our forum's "Role-Playing" folder.

Neither of these involve any computer software. You'll have to use your imagination instead.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Can someone tell me how I go about deleting my account please? Or can one of the mods delete it for me. Thank you.

Comment

You can find out about account closures here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...q_closeaccount
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

hi, i tried to report a post, but it wouldn't let me.

it was this one i was trying to flag up
                      {removed}

thanks
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 16 June 2009, 02:21 PM.
                      sigpic
                      JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                      Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                      Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Originally posted by John's PuddleJumper View Post
                        hi, i tried to report a post, but it wouldn't let me.

it was this one i was trying to flag up
                        {removed}

thanks
                        we got both reports
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

oh ok, the webpage said "you can not modify the calendar" after I clicked on the "sned" button.

thanks
                          sigpic
                          JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                          Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                          Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Hey not sure if I just can't count but I don't think my post count goes up everytime I post.... is there a minimum characters per post before you get credited or are certain threads not counted for post counts?? As I've said, it might just be me....

Ok so its definately not me.... I've posted twice since here, a third one on here shortly and I haven't changed.... Is it just slow catching up?? I hope so and that its not me going mad!

Never mind, someone has PMed me the answer! I'm happy again
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 June 2009, 07:55 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Please tell me you at least moved those posts to another more on-topic thread. Feel free to take this to PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                Please tell me you at least moved those posts to another more on-topic thread. Feel free to take this to PM.
                                All posts are *soft deleted* so we can still view them.

IF you have created a new discussion thread and wish to PM a Moderator for their possible move to this new thread you are welcome to do so.

Speaking of which you could have PMed your request as well.
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X