This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooooooooommmmmmmmmm the ddddddddduuuuucccckkkkkk *stares*

you can have some animation as long as it doesn't exceed the limits. But we do ask that members also take into consideration that some animations can be annoying, cause possible issues for other member (ie. some flashing or blinking animations can throw me into an instant blinding migraine) and/or be in poor taste. So we hope if any one uses one they would be considerate and not cause us to have modify their signature in some way.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

For Greg:

Ever since you changed the hardware, then the hardware went down, this sight has been slow to load for me. This doesn't happened on other sites I use. Just this one.

What happened?

Comment

Hey mods: Why did the forum's membership count just drop by 2,800 people?!

We've finally gotten around to pruning away old and unused accounts to make our roster number more accurate. Only old, unused accounts with zero posts were affected.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Hey mods: Why did the forum's membership count just drop by 2,800 people?!

We've finally gotten around to pruning away old and unused accounts to make our roster number more accurate. Only old, unused accounts with zero posts were affected.
          I got this one, Tame.

No no, y'see, we needed human sacrifices to feed the Cantina's post count. I'm sure that you've noticed Off Topic has been brighter since a few days ago. We'll finish off all of the old profiles and thier posts into the incinerator and just get back to how we were.

Thank You
          Admiral Mappalazarou
          Moderator's Prisoner of War
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            ooooooooommmmmmmmmm the ddddddddduuuuucccckkkkkk *stares*
            And so it continues....

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            But we do ask that members also take into consideration that some animations can be annoying, cause possible issues for other member (ie. some flashing or blinking animations can throw me into an instant blinding migraine) and/or be in poor taste.
            Wasn't planning on flashing since I'm not a fan of that either ... just some simple easy-on-the-eyes going.

Thanks for the answer.

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            Will inactive posters subcumb to this too ... eventually? Like f.e. people that have passed away, or those who haven't been here in such a long time that no one's really sure where they stepped out of the wrong Stargate.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No account with more than zero posts will be deleted.

No active account (active = you've visited at least once in the last several months) used by a non-posting lurker will be deleted.

We're mainly targeting those accounts that were created and then abandoned before they were ever used for anything.

Comment

Oh, okay.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmm, an entire thread on the SGU section just vanished into oblivion. I told a friend and that's how I found out when she said there was no thread. It was the homosexual in SGu or something like that thread, and I know it's gone as I searched for a post I'd made and poof, gone, nada.

Comment

That thread is offline pending review,which may take some time to achieve.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This is most likely a Darren or Greg question but is their a reason I can see past 20 greens or is it a glitich?

EDIT: I can see my past 50 greens
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

There is a reason, and it's not a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                          That thread is offline pending review,which may take some time to achieve.
                          Does 'sometime' mean a few days or a few weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Does 'sometime' mean a few days or a few weeks?
                            it means when we are done reviewing and discussing. Reviews take as long as they take
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Prion, a redirect was left in the folder to let people know it had been temporarily moved. You know that we have to do that for housekeeping purposes. I wasn't able to handle it online at the time, and it had to wait until today. Even then it took quite a few hours to sort it out.

The Homosexual thread is a good example really that I'd like to highlight here for other posters. An interesting, and reasonably civil, discussion had developed on the thread, that went on for quite a long time. It had relevance to SGU but was not relevant to the topic. We asked that people take it to another thread, but the discussion continued.

In this instance, I took the decision to move the conversation into its own thread. This took a great deal of time, sifting through the numerous posts made. I would consider this a one off. The mods simply don't have time to do this. It is hard call for us to make, given that an off topic discussion can sometimes be highly interesting in its own right.

But at the end of the day, it is the responsibility of the posters to do this, not the mods. If you find yourselves in the middle of an interesting conversation, and you know it is off topic ( especially if a mod has told you) then it'll only take you a couple of minutes to start a new thread to continue the discussion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi folks,
                                I was trying to do some maintenance on my PM box and noticed that you can no longer check the box at the top of a group and have it select the whole group of posts.
                                see here - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../pmtrouble.jpg
                                It used to work that way. Really. It did.

Thanks
                                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X