This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just heard the podcast.
    So my question is, Tame, how are you so wonderful?
    sigpicGadget

Comment

Hello, I read the FAQ section relevant to my question, but I guess I still feel like asking how long a newbie typically hangs out on moderation status? Ive been pretty active. Just curious.

Thanks.
      Last edited by SG1 Joe; 15 April 2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Quinn View Post
        Just heard the podcast.
        So my question is, Tame, how are you so wonderful?
        Are you asking this in a serious way
        Um... I blame my Mom...she is and was the best example of how to be the best person I can be no matter what

if you aren't serious and asking me in a fun way ... its the bran flakes... I don't eat them
        Originally posted by SG1 Joe View Post
        Hello, I read the FAQ section relevant to my question, but I guess I still feel like asking how long a newbie typically hang out on moderation status? Ive been pretty active. Just curious.

Thanks.
        We kind of don't tell anyone the answer to that question it lets the spammers in on the secret

but it is a combination of posts and time in grade ...and I think you have crossed the hurdle
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thank you. What a wonderful site. Cant wait for the third SG1 movie and the first SGA movie.... Oh heck, dont forget SGU.

Comment

For the first time I got notification about Unapproved Visitor Message. What's it for? And it doesn't go away.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              For the first time I got notification about Unapproved Visitor Message. What's it for? And it doesn't go away.
              upon review it looks like a new member sent you a visitor message and they are not yet off probie status so everything they do has to be approved. It further looks like this person is posting to you in a different language so that will delay approvals as we wait for a Moderator to translate it before approving it.

Once the message is approved the message of *Unapproved Visitor Message* will disappear and I see that it has
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Perhaps a weird question but still...

I got modded a while ago for having a sig that was too big, which I changed to proper size immediately. but I got an infraction message for that, also in my "user controls". First I thought it would be 12 days up there as it expired, which it did.

Now my question is, will this bar go away(the one in my "user controls"? Or am I always stuck with the reminder that I broke the sig regs once?

It's more of a "beauty" question and I know it doesn't mean anything...but it pops up everytime I log in...

I was just wondering about this and I hope one of you could answer my silly question.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                  It further looks like this person is posting to you in a different language so that will delay approvals as we wait for a Moderator to translate it before approving it.
                  Okay, thanks. But I'm talking to a fellow Estonian, and someone is really translating the language?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Perhaps a weird question but still...

I got modded a while ago for having a sig that was too big, which I changed to proper size immediately. but I got an infraction message for that, also in my "user controls". First I thought it would be 12 days up there as it expired, which it did.

Now my question is, will this bar go away(the one in my "user controls"? Or am I always stuck with the reminder that I broke the sig regs once?

It's more of a "beauty" question and I know it doesn't mean anything...but it pops up everytime I log in...

I was just wondering about this and I hope one of you could answer my silly question.
                    It will show up for a while because we use it as a tracking measure. It says right in the message that we never count the sig messages against anyone and we just use it to know who we have spoken to and who we have not. That is for two reasons, one so we *hopefully* don't double whammy them for the same signature by two different Moderators on the day its reported and two so we can see how often we have to talk to any select person about their signature.

While we don't hold signature sizes against anyone...if we do have to keep telling a person to fix their signature and there is a list of signature messages to show that we then know that the person has no real intention of following a very simple rule and we will have to then ...hold it against them

So while it may not be all that pleasing to look at it is a something that helps us keep track of things so we don't inundate members with messages day after day just due to their signatures

Okay, thanks. But I'm talking to a fellow Estonian, and someone is really translating the language?
                    ...its ok, you can do that... and yes we do do that

Comment

Only as long as the other member is Probie? And when does one become... not Probie?

I'd like to know how the translating works. Just with dictionary? One time I had to translate French, but I had no idea of the language, grammar, nothing. I still don't.
                      sigpic

Comment

Only as long as the other member is Probie? And when does one become... not Probie?

I'd like to know how the translating works. Just with dictionary? One time I had to translate French, but I had no idea of the language, grammar, nothing. I still don't.
                        we don't give out the Probie information ...it lets the spammers in on our secrets

as for the translations...well we have Moderators that speak other languages and we do use translators but I don't think any of us sit and use the older method of word for word book translations

Comment

Translators, you say? Kewl. I wish I could be one. Here, online, I mean. But I assume you've got one for Estonian, so... uhm... okay.
                          sigpic

Comment

Who's your Dutch translator?
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Who's your Dutch translator?
                              Je wilt alle mijn geheime kennis??

Comment

I have a question. I've made 30 posts - why am I still probie?

Comment

Working...
                                X