Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rodney, i've uploaded gif's before so i know they work - or worked before the last update

one issue could be the size, if it's too big maybe that's why it won't work?

That's all i can guess at i'm afraid
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      Sorry. We're not overlooking you, but I think that's a question for Darren, and I don't think he's around at the moment. I'm sure when he does check in, he'll be happy to answer your question.
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      rodney, i've uploaded gif's before so i know they work - or worked before the last update

one issue could be the size, if it's too big maybe that's why it won't work?

That's all i can guess at i'm afraid
      Thanks! There's now a solution to this...
      Originally posted by smurf View Post
      You can use an animated avatar if you can get the file size of it under 19.5KB. (Which has just made me go "ooh" because it used to be about 8KB... how interesting. )
      The one above is 33.48KB.
      Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Well, I edited the .gif
      I posted it here, 'cause did not see this before.
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Hi, not a complaint more a request for clarification.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...00#post9748200

Can a mod please confirm if we're allowed to veer offtopic like that. If not (and I know it's a chore to do, sorry) could it be split up with the genetics stuff moved to GD? It's gone a bit off-topic and now somebody is moaning. It's quite interesting so would be a shame to close it for being off-topic.

Thanks, M.
        Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

if i'm recalling correctly, the original topic was the potential to have the universe crew run into neanderthals?

if it is, then the thread is really off topic and has been for a while.

I'd suggest that you take the off shoot and start a new thread. And, if i'm understanding right, it's about genetics in general, then it needs to be in off topic

sigpic

Comment

Is it possible to change the thread title of this thread...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...88#post9756888

It's very biased and it sounds like it is a fact that SGA went astray but is really someone's opinion. Atlantis did not imo, and stuck with it's roots of the Stargate franchise. So, I think It should be more like...

"Can SGU follow in the footsteps where SGA and SG-1 left off"

Something like that. Thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

stuff like this is what the report post feature was made for

sigpic

Comment

Why was the title of that thread (two posts above this) changed? What was wrong with the other title? Was it against forum rules/CV? Just because somebody else doesn't like it is no reason to change it.

Because if it was against the CV, then I obviously need to file that away for future reference.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

i changed it.

First it was changed from 'where atlantis went wrong'.....which is a topic that just begs for bashing and fights since 'wrong' is such a relative term.

then it was changed to Where Atlantis went astray and how Universe can get it back

Which i ended up having an issue with because, to a good chunk of the fandom, Atlantis didn't stray anywhere. It was perfectly fine. thus i chose my 'true to the franchise' title because it seemed that the topic is more 'will this remain true to the shows and franchise ideals, not that any of its predecessors were bad or wrong. there was nothing intrinsically wrong with any of the shows as a whole.

sigpic

Comment

I joined Feb 16th, and my posts still aren't coming up. What's going on, can you help me?
                    This is my own sig of my fave character!

Comment

Originally posted by E'lyssa View Post
                      I joined Feb 16th, and my posts still aren't coming up. What's going on, can you help me?
                      All new Members are on *Probie* status for a bit of time. During that time all posts are reviewed before being viewed by the general public. Just post normally and the time should pass quickly
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi,

I'm using PhotoBucket to post photo's here on the GW-forum. Now I wanted to rearrange certain pictures in my album. However, moving the picture to another album would invalidate the links here on the forum. Is there a way for me to find the post(s) where I used links to certain images, so I would possibly be able to change the links?

Jasper
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

With the Advanced Search tool, you should be able to search for "photobucket" and limit the parameters to only your username. I think.

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            With the Advanced Search tool, you should be able to search for "photobucket" and limit the parameters to only your username. I think.

http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php
                            Hi Darren,

Well, if I do that, it gets me 102 results. Way too many to go through and it's not even complete. If I search for the filename it gives me no results. Like say the name of the picture is "McKeller.jpg". A search for "McKeller.jpg" with my username: no results. However, if I used a normal url-link to it, it will show up, but if I added it with (img)-tags it doesn't turn up...

Jasper
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Is there a reason the mult-quote button isn't working? I tried it twice and it just is like using the quote button.

Comment

Might have been a temporary glitch,greytop.

It worked fine on my test-post just now.( Now deleted !)
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X