Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... my posts were deleted in the ANTI season 4 thread. May I ask why? 'Cause they were off-topic?

Also, if someone reports to the mods about something I've posted, am I informed of this too?
    sigpic

Comment

your post, as well as several others, were deleted because they were referring to an issue in another thread that had been dealt with.

as to informing folks

it depends.

if we talk to you then we have something to talk about. If we just delete posts, we're just cleaning stuff up and the matter doesn't need to go beyond the simple fact of clean up
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would prefer if we hold off on a Season Four free-for-all at least until Season Five begins in July. Till then, please continue to use spoiler warnings and spoiler tags.

Thanks!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hello oh might ones. I'd like to create a poll regarding Keller and her SGA adventure so far. Where should I do it?

Something along the lines:

Is Keller a vital part of the expedition?
          Options:
          1. Yes (why? )
          2. No (why?)
          3. This isn't where I parked my car.

No flaming, no insults nothing. We just want to see the results.

Comment

Report a post in the thread in which you'd like to create the poll. Frankly I find it hard to believe it won't turn nasty, and if that happens the thread will close/disappear.....

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
              Report a post in the thread in which you'd like to create the poll. Frankly I find it hard to believe it won't turn nasty, and if that happens the thread will close/disappear.....

I do not want another vs. As soon as things get dirty, do what you wish. Thanks.

L.E. Topic reported. We just need a magic wand .
              Last edited by Integrabyte; 08 May 2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hello Mods,

I started a thread yesterday in the Starate Discussion section and today I can't find it anywhere. It's like it just up and disappeared on me! I tried the search function but that backfired. Apparently my thread's name is too short. Is there any other way to find my thread? Or do I have to start it all over again?

My thread's name is: Season 4.

If one of you can help me I'd appreciate it.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Hello Mods,

I started a thread yesterday in the Starate Discussion section and today I can't find it anywhere. It's like it just up and disappeared on me! I tried the search function but that backfired. Apparently my thread's name is too short. Is there any other way to find my thread? Or do I have to start it all over again?

My thread's name is: Season 4.

If one of you can help me I'd appreciate it.
                  Got to *Your Profile* and then find the link that says *Find all thread started by RodneyIsGodney* click on that and you should have a list of all of the threads you started. click on the thread you are searching for and make note of what Folder it is in. It may have been moved or merged with another thread.

ETA:
                  Further investigation as shown that your thread was moved....then the question you asked and Darren's (the owners) answer was moved into this thread
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 May 2008, 05:48 PM.
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    I'm just wondering how do we know when it's safe to talk about the current/last season(4) of SGA? I mean has it aired everywhere else yet? Canada? England? Scotland? It's already aired here in the states. I'm just curious cuz so many times I wanted to say something about a S4 ep or quote a S4 ep, or post a S4 pic, especially in the Fun and Games section. Like, Hangman. How so I know if it's safe to use quotes from S4? Or to post a pic? Because I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone. Just thought I'd ask.
                    Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    I would prefer if we hold off on a Season Four free-for-all at least until Season Five begins in July. Till then, please continue to use spoiler warnings and spoiler tags.

Thanks!

Here is a copy of your question and The Owners answer

This is the sort of question that would be asked in this thread and not require a new thread.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Is there someway to have threads with spoilers in the titles to not show up on the main page of the forum. I know that for ark of truth in particular one showed up because it had the most recent post in the stargate movies section and that title ended up spoiling a big twist in the movie for me. Right now I'm a little concerned about continuum, I just saw one.
                      Spoiler:
                      does O'Neill die?

though it's not entirely spoilery, it does have me worried about what else I, and other users trying to avoid spoilers, could catch a glimpse of.
                      Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by ebethman
                      Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                      Originally posted by Bray
                      *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

there is a spoiler photo out there that suggests a possibility, and people have run with it.

If you see a thread that looks to have spoilers in the title, report them and we can edit the title to something a bit more vague

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          there is a spoiler photo out there that suggests a possibility, and people have run with it.

If you see a thread that looks to have spoilers in the title, report them and we can edit the title to something a bit more vague
                          But that's a conundrum. As far as I know you can't report a post /thread without opening it which in turn would spoil you.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            But that's a conundrum. As far as I know you can't report a post /thread without opening it which in turn would spoil you.
                            Only if you read what's in the thread. The report icon isn't in a place which requires you to read the content of the thread, just don't look

Comment

it is a conundrum. we get spoiled all the time and it's one of the 'risks' of the job.

We police what we can, when we can, but we can't see everything everywhere.

I understand the desire to not be spoiled, but the most efficient way to fix a 'bad' thread is to have it reported in the most timely manner possible, which is using the report post feature

sigpic

Comment

When will you be upgrading the Vbulletin software to 3.7 witch is meanwhile a stable release version?
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X