Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your yahoo e-mail, the one attached to your account, is inaccessible, you should change it to one that you DO have access to.

You shouldn't be locked out for no reason, but things do happen, and if you can't receive any communication about any changes then you can be left out, so to speak
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I would like to know where the Anti Keller thread went, because to my knowledge threads were only being closed and not deleted?

Comment

That's right. As has been the case for donkeys' years, when we need to clean up a thread that is full of mess, we often move it to the private area until it's ready to face the public again. Then it comes back fully compliant with decency etc

Madeleine

Comment

what are the rep. point rankings?
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            That's right. As has been the case for donkeys' years, when we need to clean up a thread that is full of mess, we often move it to the private area until it's ready to face the public again. Then it comes back fully compliant with decency etc
            Speaking of mess, if quite a few of the people on a thread are trying to obey the new rules -- say, by posting full paragraphs instead of one-sentence flames, which hasn't happened in forever -- and things are starting to move in the direction of constructive/enhancing enjoyment, but a couple of people are flat refusing to even try, is there anything that you'd like the other members of the thread to do other than just reporting? What I'm trying to ask is if asking these people to please stop before the thread gets closed would help you or would it just create a bunch of nastiness you don't want to deal with? Or would that be outside the rules all together?

I don't want to sound presumptuous or anything, but changing the tone seems to be going pretty well and I know Reiko's been wanting actual discussion on the Anti-Keller thread for a long time. I've also got some ideas for topics for the thread (like ways Keller's scenes could have been improved, and a replacement game for Ways to Kill Keller) that I'd like to have the chance to see if the other thread members would maybe like... and that's really hard with mod-baiting showing up every ten posts. So if there's anything else that could be done by the thread members...?

I really think that given some time the Anti-Keller thread could get its act together as far as the vision statement. Of course, if you're just tired of dealing with it and close the thread, I'd understand.

DragonLady
            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Actually, there have been some good posts lately, that show an effort to discuss Keller within the parameters of the Vision Statement and we appreciate that. As to whether it closes, changes names, etc will be up to the mod that is going to handle the Keller threads. I can't speak for her.

As far as responding to or reporting posts that are out of line, please continue to report them rather than responding. While the responses may be done with the best of intentions, sometimes it inflames thing further and then we have to go on a delete posts spree. So just report them to us and keep the conversation moving in the direction it should be going.
              sigpic

Comment

I see what you're saying, and honestly the only thing I can suggest is that you post in the way that you'd like others to post and hope that it catches on. I know that there's a core of people who have discussions about why they hate keller rather than just how much they hate her, and if you have to scroll through posts of fluff or snark to get to the meat, then it's a shame for you, but maybe others will take the bait you lay

But if anyone's going beyond harmless fluff or harmless snark and getting into the realms of OT, baiting or viciousness, I'd say Do Not Engage, but send for reinforcements. There are certain tasks you shouldn't be burdened with.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  I see what you're saying, and honestly the only thing I can suggest is that you post in the way that you'd like others to post and hope that it catches on. I know that there's a core of people who have discussions about why they hate keller rather than just how much they hate her, and if you have to scroll through posts of fluff or snark to get to the meat, then it's a shame for you, but maybe others will take the bait you lay

But if anyone's going beyond harmless fluff or harmless snark and getting into the realms of OT, baiting or viciousness, I'd say Do Not Engage, but send for reinforcements. There are certain tasks you shouldn't be burdened with.
                  Allrighty. Thank you for your time.

DragonLady
                  "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Should I be asking this question in the Character and Relationship Change thread? If so, I will come back and delete.
                    But I am wondering, given the above conversation, if the members of an anti-threads somehow pledge to have reasonable discussion and report evil-doers (), would they possibly be allowable under the new Vision. Which I support, by the way. Thank you.

Comment

Have the titles been changed?

Comment

not as 'anti' threads.

the buzz words of 'pro' and 'anti' are going away. They started out as a way define the threads and allow us to smack the trolls (and there were trolls on both sides), but now those two terms are being used in a perjorative fashion. 'eh, just an anit/pro, who cares what they think.....' etc

Thus those buzz words are going away.

Each of these threads will be looked at upon its own merits. There are some that are totally redeemable. Some where people are peacably hanging out and discussing things in a mostly respectful way. and there are some where the users try to play by the rules.

Then we have a few where the bullies have taken over. Those are threads that we may consider unredeemable. If the topic is a valid one (and many of them are), then there's a very good chance that the old thread can be shut down and a new thread will be started in its place.

at the end of the day, each thread will be looked at individually and judged, not only by how its topic fits in with the vision statement, but the attitudes of the posters in the thread.

sigpic

Comment

Is there something wrong with the Forum again?
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

it had a moment but seems to be doing much better now

sigpic

Comment

sorry, i was tinkering.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                it had a moment but seems to be doing much better now
                                You know, I get those kind of moments myself -- more frequently each year!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X