This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I delete my account?
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Change your password to one you won't remember,then just log out.

Think it over first, though.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Fumble, don't forget to cancel all your subscriptions (if you have any) before you log out for good, otherwise you'll still get the e-mails.

Madeleine

Comment

I have a list that I made up of all of the stars, major and minor, birthdays from Sg-1 and Atlantis. Where would I post this so others could post birthday congraduations to their favorites?

PS> I'll be working on Universe, also.

Comment

Can you allow me to post.. it won't let me

Comment

Originally posted by greytop View Post
              I have a list that I made up of all of the stars, major and minor, birthdays from Sg-1 and Atlantis. Where would I post this so others could post birthday congraduations to their favorites?

PS> I'll be working on Universe, also.
              sounds like a good thread for fandom i think
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orifan777 View Post
                Can you allow me to post.. it won't let me
                all new users are on a probationary status, until they prove that they are 'real' and not a spammer.

For the immediate future, all your posts will be queued until a mod can approve them, but soon you will move to 'basic trainee' status, where your posts won't be modded
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Any chance of getting this SGu thread (articles/news) *stickied*?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62752

Comment

Done !

Btw,it's often faster to use the "Report Post" button to request thread moves stickies,title changes and so on.

Comment

A gripe here. Yes, already.

While I can understand not wanting too much text in responses, snipping the ENTIRE paragraph to which someone remarks makes no sense. It's now impossible to know WHAT the person was responding to. Can't you just leave in the first sentence and then snip the rest, because as I see the deleting of paragraphs being done now, you can't even tell WHO the person was responding to.

It's difficult to have a conversation with a blank wall, y'know?

Here's an example:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=958

The post makes no sense without knowing the reason for the response, or to whom they're responding.

Thanks.

Comment

Am i introuble? One of my posts is issing. I dont think it was breaking any rules.
                        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          A gripe here. Yes, already.

While I can understand not wanting too much text in responses, snipping the ENTIRE paragraph to which someone remarks makes no sense. It's now impossible to know WHAT the person was responding to. Can't you just leave in the first sentence and then snip the rest, because as I see the deleting of paragraphs being done now, you can't even tell WHO the person was responding to.

It's difficult to have a conversation with a blank wall, y'know?

Here's an example:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=958

The post makes no sense without knowing the reason for the response, or to whom they're responding.

Thanks.
                          We generally only delete what needs deleting and leave whatever is still kosher so if an entire paragraph is missing then that means that the entire paragraph was not in line with the rules.

In the case of the post you just gave what was being responded to was another post which had been deleted. Although, in that case I would personally have deleted the second post which responded to the deleted post as, you're correct, it no longer had any context.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                            Am i introuble? One of my posts is issing. I dont think it was breaking any rules.
                            I don't see anything. What thread was your missing post from?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                              If you are referring to a post in this thread...if the post is not a question we will delete it because it is not a question.
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                                We generally only delete what needs deleting and leave whatever is still kosher so if an entire paragraph is missing then that means that the entire paragraph was not in line with the rules.

In the case of the post you just gave what was being responded to was another post which had been deleted. Although, in that case I would personally have deleted the second post which responded to the deleted post as, you're correct, it no longer had any context.
                                *Raises hand.

Newbie Mod mistake.I missed deleting the line .I'll go correct it now if nobody beat me to it.

Edit : Done.
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 January 2009, 04:53 PM. Reason: Read the post.;)

Comment

Working...
                                X