This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mods!

I was wondering is there any way to close/delete a thread i started as there appears to be several of the same topic though i could not find one on it. If not its cool, but just wanted to see if there was. Thanks!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

our preference is, report it and let us know that it's a duplicate or that it can be merged into existing threads and we'll merge the like topics into one thread
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Sorry, I have no idea what that is.
        [timg] tags automatically resize all images to 300 pixels wide. So images such as this:

Spoiler:

Go from being 1440 pixels to 300 pixels wide. But I understand it may be difficult (and therefore not possible) as the ability has to be added manually. It will also rescale any images smaller than 300 pixels to 300 pixels. In the end, it may be more work than you'd want to do so...
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Why is it that we are not permitted to choose our own avatar outside of those that have been pre chosen by gateworld for us to pick through? I have an avatar its not in any way offensive that Id like to use that is not on that list and this is the only forum that I belong to that I cannot use it? Just wondering why this would not be allowed here?
          SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Why is it that we are not permitted to choose our own avatar outside of those that have been pre chosen by gateworld for us to pick through? I have an avatar its not in any way offensive that Id like to use that is not on that list and this is the only forum that I belong to that I cannot use it? Just wondering why this would not be allowed here?
            A custom avatar is considered a *perk* for long time posters of the Forum.

Here are a couple of threads that might be useful in answering any and all questions you might have about the ins and outs of GateWorld Forum You don't look new but these may help anyway

X-treme Guide to Gateworld (for newbies)
            &
            NEWBIES: Handy Forum Tutorials!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
              A custom avatar is considered a *perk* for long time posters of the Forum.

Here are a couple of threads that might be useful in answering any and all questions you might have about the ins and outs of GateWorld Forum You don't look new but these may help anyway

X-treme Guide to Gateworld (for newbies)
              &
              NEWBIES: Handy Forum Tutorials!
              Hey Im not a newbie Ive been a member since 2005, I just dont have the spare time to build up 2000 posts I wish Gateworld would look at long time members then as people who have been around for years not simply people who have the spare time to be big time posters
              SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

I said you didn't look new since I saw the 2005 join date but... sometimes folks who aren't around much don't know all the ins & outs either..and find those threads helpful

no discourtesy intended ...and we are seriously Neighbors Fellow Az person
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I said you didn't look new since I saw the 2005 join date but... sometimes folks who aren't around much don't know all the ins & outs either..and find those threads helpful

no discourtesy intended ...and we are seriously Neighbors Fellow Az person
                  ^^^Hey very cool, what part? I live in Gilbert, wouldnt it be funny to find out that you lived just down the street from me? lol
                  SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    ^^^Hey very cool, what part? I live in Gilbert, wouldnt it be funny to find out that you lived just down the street from me? lol
                    I probably do but that part of the convo we should put in the PM we are chatting in and not here..and let folks get on with the hard hitting Forum techy questions

Comment

Hey cmon Darren, show some love to your long time members not just the ones who have the spare time to be postwhores lol This is the avatar I want to use I mean cmon, who dosent love Lara Croft I ask you?
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...tombraider.jpg

SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

What is going on with the forum today??? Not only is it taking a loooooong time to load, but I keep getting kicked off completely. Helllllp!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
                          What is going on with the forum today??? Not only is it taking a loooooong time to load, but I keep getting kicked off completely. Helllllp!!!!
                          at this time we are not experiencing any issues with GW itself you might possibly have an issue with your connection or with your ISP

Comment

at this time we are not experiencing any issues with GW itself you might possibly have an issue with your connection or with your ISP
                            Could be, but several people in the thunk thread are having issues, too. And all the other sites I go to are working fine today.

Edited to add: It's 1:10 my time. Things are starting to work a little better.
                            Last edited by Shelly; 05 December 2008, 11:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly View Post
                              Could be, but several people in the thunk thread are having issues, too. And all the other sites I go to are working fine today.

Edited to add: It's 1:10 my time. Things are starting to work a little better.
                              Ahhhh please keep in mind if you are playing in Picture heavy threads they will take longer to load just due to the mass amounts of pictures that the server has to request and then load. Also keep in mind if any of the picture sites are running slow that will also affect the load time since GW would have to wait on that site to respond to it.

I am glad to hear that things are moving a bit faster though

Comment

Hey, what happened to zuz's smilie thread? It's not there anymore! It used to be in the Fandom section but it's missing! Or it's there and I'm just not seeing it.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X