Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you should be able to undelete the deleted message, thus restoring the message nad getting rid of the 'deleted' note.

to the best of my knowledge, users cannot 'hard delete' messages
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      you should be able to undelete the deleted message, thus restoring the message nad getting rid of the 'deleted' note.

to the best of my knowledge, users cannot 'hard delete' messages

Hummmm....I looked but could not find an undelete feature....I'm probably looking in the wrong spot

Comment

there is no undelete option

we can only soft delete messages ..similar to how deleting posts on the forum
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          there is no undelete option

we can only soft delete messages ..similar to how deleting posts on the forum

ok....so if we delete a message from the profile page, we just have to live with the message that's left behind that it was deleted.

Now question to the mods...if we asked a mod to remove the "This message has been deleted by..." message, can be done if it's not a lot of trouble? Just curious.....

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            ok....so if we delete a message from the profile page, we just have to live with the message that's left behind that it was deleted.

Now question to the mods...if we asked a mod to remove the "This message has been deleted by..." message, can be done if it's not a lot of trouble? Just curious.....
            Not really, the reason they are left like that is in case there is a dispute we can go back and see who really did what. But... if the message is not an issue and you just want to have your profile cleaned up you can definitely ask one of us. I have had others ask and I have done it for them
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Why am I being plagued by Christian Google ads!? I am not a Christian and I find them whole offensive!

I know they can't be turned off but can they be omitted from GW? Religion is not why I come here. For that matter either is "dating".

I am still willing to pay for the privilege of using GW, if only to get rid of these ads.

Comment

or the mod can go in and undelete the post for you

sigpic

Comment

Willow'sCat: Google ads are served based on the keywords on any given page, so the ads you see are usually influenced by the thread topic, other members' usernames or sigs, etc. God knows I've seen plenty of advertisements for Skydiving!

We can block ads that violate GW's standards, but the Christian personals ads do not.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    Not really, the reason they are left like that is in case there is a dispute we can go back and see who really did what. But... if the message is not an issue and you just want to have your profile cleaned up you can definitely ask one of us. I have had others ask and I have done it for them
                    that what I would like is for the profile to be cleaned up. I deleted them because I kept getting a message that I had new visitor messages when I hadn't. Crazy If it's not too much trouble....I would love for the profile to be cleaned up...

Comment

i undeleted the one deleted post of yours. if you PM me what pages you need stuff cleaned up on i can take care of it for you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                        Willow'sCat: Google ads are served based on the keywords on any given page, so the ads you see are usually influenced by the thread topic, other members' usernames or sigs, etc. God knows I've seen plenty of advertisements for Skydiving!

We can block ads that violate GW's standards, but the Christian personals ads do not.
                        Why not? Is GW not secular?

But, but I am not interested in Christian things! lol I don't remember going anywhere near any sites, or threads with religion. I try to avoid actually. (no offense meant to religious folks ).

I will try the suggestions I have been given by others, thanks btw.

Comment

who knows what the trigger words are, and it's the words on the page that trigger the ads. those dating sites may have some very generic words to trigger as many appearances as possible

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i undeleted the one deleted post of yours. if you PM me what pages you need stuff cleaned up on i can take care of it for you

I'll do that....thanks Sky!!!

Comment

I think the home page has some hiccups!! Or is it just me?

GWhome.jpg

Comment

looks fine now. either it was a temp burp or it's been fixed

When you see stuff like that pertaining to the main site, the best way to report it is to e-mail darren at webmaster @ gateworld.net

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X