Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Probationary status only applies to new members. It's a period of time when nothing you post will be viewable to the public without being approved by a mod. The duration of this time is a sekert and sometimes changes with Darren's mood.

One advantage of this, we've caught quite a few advertising spammers in the past few weeks. It's quite refreshing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I shall attempt to be polite, but someone has posted 'filth' on the SGU comments field on the 7th page of the article (GW Home page) Someone called 'Yeah'. I couldn't report it from there, sorry. But it's not nice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        I shall attempt to be polite, but someone has posted 'filth' on the SGU comments field on the 7th page... someone called 'Yeah'. I couldn't report it from there, but it's not nice at all.
        please also email the gw webmaster
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          please also email the gw webmaster
          Thanks Tame. I don't know if you deleted it or not, but it's gone now. That was quick. I wasn't sure if the report feature on there works like the report post on the main forum.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
            First off I think you need to consider the difference between the workload of a mod (eg, myself) and the forum owner (eg. Darren). While I might spend a couple of hours a day on the forum itself (and usually have my email notifier close at hand), Darren on the other hand spends far more time keeping everything straight!
            This certainly wouldn't be an ownership role for me. And in fact, since the site (RugbyHeaven) I would love to see a forum on already has a comments system for articles, I see it as an extension of what's already there (just need to convince Fairfax that it's a good idea). Of course, because I and many others have posted some pretty harsh criticism of the reporters writing articles recently (and some stuff that would get moderated on Gateworld immediately), I'm not entirely sure they'd be keen to have me as a moderator. But it would be great to get a forum on the site. The only alternative NZ forum (the YahooXtra one) I have found is unmoderated, and its pretty filthy.

I'm also guessing that if moderating on GateWorld can take a couple hours a day, this would take far longer. I know from experience that arguments over whether SGA should be cancelled in favour of SGU (as an example) wouldn't even come close to being as nasty as some rugby discussions (as you might know, kiwigater). So, maybe shelve that thought. Thanks, anyhow.

Comment

I was just wondering something, when you click on 'see all posts by' for a user, you can only see up to the previous two hundred. If you were to look up your own posts, is it possible to see *all* of them, or to look up a certain one somehow?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
                I was just wondering something, when you click on 'see all posts by' for a user, you can only see up to the previous two hundred. If you were to look up your own posts, is it possible to see *all* of them, or to look up a certain one somehow?
                if you use the advanced search function you are given the option to define your search more. You can make it go back further or request that the search be during specific date frames
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thanks, Tame, I'll try that! I made a list of things I have ideas for fanfic of, and I kinda need it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm curious - If I were to ask for a multiple choice type poll to be created, like the one for the new folders, how many options are available for the poll choices? I know there's a limit - I just don't know what it is.

Thanks!
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Every time I try to make a post on the ShippyHippyInsanityParty Social Group page or send a pm, I get this message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it please?

Edit: But it let me post here, weird

Comment

well, I can't see any reason why in your profile.... perhaps Darren or Greg will have more insight

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                          well, I can't see any reason why in your profile.... perhaps Darren or Greg will have more insight
                          Whatever it was seems have righted itself now, weird Thanks anyway

Comment

alrighty, i just hit 2000 posts, what do i do to get a custom avatar?
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

nevermind
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                I'm curious - If I were to ask for a multiple choice type poll to be created, like the one for the new folders, how many options are available for the poll choices? I know there's a limit - I just don't know what it is.

Thanks!
                                We made one once with 36 choices and multiple votes, but if there's a limit higher than that, I don't know.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X