Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for the Mods. It's about the greening system. How many bars are there after greening somebody. A good bar = green. But I've also seen a light grey / light blue / Silver ish (don't know what color that is) on the my controls page. Is that a bar you get when somebody clicked the I dissapove ? a Dark bar is when somebody doesn't participate in "the greening game" Or is bad comment a red bar? Just wanted to know what after you got greened the silver, light blue ish bar is you see in the list where people greened you.

You can send me an answer via PM if you don't mind.

PS If you have a hard time understanding my question, I'll try to explain it again. I just sometimes confuse people lol.

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

From one Belgian to another...

@ Daivy

A greyish/blueish square means that the person who gave you reputation is pretty much a newbie and doesn't carry much weight yet. You won't gain or loose reputation points with them.

Green square = good rep
      Red square = bad rep
      Greyish/blueish = no rep

Basically anyway...

That answer your question?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

wonderful answer, so i'll let it stand...but i do remind folks of the topic of this thread, and the fact that the mods are supposed to answer the questions please.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Mods!

We are setting up a forum for our Stargate game mod, and i would like to ask that who made the emoticons for the Gateworld Forum, or who can i ask for permission to use them? Of course we would properly credit Him/Her/Them.

And another question:

I would like to post a banner on our new forums for Gateworld, where can i get one?

Edit: Thank you for the answer!
          Last edited by SoulAssassino; 04 August 2008, 12:05 PM.
          Trailers and PR
          Stargate: War Begins team
          http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
          forums:
          http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAssassino View Post
            Hi Mods!

We are setting up a forum for our Stargate game mod, and i would like to ask that who made the emoticons for the Gateworld Forum, or who can i ask for permission to use them? Of course we would properly credit Him/Her/Them.

And another question:

I would like to post a banner on our new forums for Gateworld, where can i get one?
            You can email Giles AKA wallpaperman through his contact info through here and ask if he can make you some smilies.

I do not know if the ones here are exclusive to GW or not. Darren would be the best one to answer that

GateWorld banner for linking to the GW Main site are found here

Link to us
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 08 August 2008, 05:38 AM.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

there seems to be some misconception about what this thread is for.

This thread is for folks to ask questions relating to the Forum as a whole and the hows and whys if something is not working properly.

It is NOT the place you post
              1)your personal issues
              2) posts you want to report
              3) poll requests
              4) chit chat

All of the above should be done with either the PM function to one or all of the Moderators OR the Report Post function, which is the red and white triangle, located in the upper right of every post.

Please do not use this thread any longer to discuss your own personal gripes. PM a moderator on duty.

Thank You
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57450
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50432
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49813
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31621

There are many more where they came from. Isn't it time we had a sticky in General Discussion for this?
                Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

stuff like this is what the report post function is for please.

And, as the 9th chevron topic has proved, sticking doesn't mean that they'll read it

we'll see what happens with it

sigpic

Comment

Greetings mods/admins/Darren. I had originally debated placing this question in the Ask the Mods thread, but first decided to place it in the members helping members thread (direct link). The seeming consensus there is that it can't be answered by regular members so I bring it here.

I'm seeking to get some information about gateworld, specifically user's countries of origin and numbers (basically how many users come from USA, How many from Canada, How many from the UK, etc). I know that gateworld uses site meter and that site meter can give these statistics. I am very curious as to where the make-up of gateworld's traffic is coming from. I can understand if this information would be considered too private, I plan on using this info for no other purpose then discussion here at gateworld.

Comment

i'm not ignoring you, but that's a darren question

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melak View Post
                        Greetings mods/admins/Darren. I had originally debated placing this question in the Ask the Mods thread, but first decided to place it in the members helping members thread (direct link). The seeming consensus there is that it can't be answered by regular members so I bring it here.

I'm seeking to get some information about gateworld, specifically user's countries of origin and numbers (basically how many users come from USA, How many from Canada, How many from the UK, etc). I know that gateworld uses site meter and that site meter can give these statistics. I am very curious as to where the make-up of gateworld's traffic is coming from. I can understand if this information would be considered too private, I plan on using this info for no other purpose then discussion here at gateworld.
                        This would something Darren would determine the answer for. Since we have a privacy disclosure statement and we will adhere to that. This may not be something that you will ever be able to get from *GateWorld* persay.

However, If I am not mistaken we do have a few threads in off topic that are about folk's locations. So I will suggest you utilize the search function and even the *Advanced Search* to find what threads we have on that topic

Pertinent Section of Privacy Policy - GateWorld is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. Your personally identifiable information, including name or e-mail address, will not be sold or disclosed to any third party, except as necessary to fulfill an order at GateWorld Store, or in cooperation with law enforcement.

Comment

We also use Google Analytics, which provides much better and more complete data than SiteMeter. I'd be willing to share a little bit of rather basic info, such as the country spread -- but I think that's about it.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi Darren and all Moderators

I have a small question about the new tag function on the threads. I think it was a great idea to implement them because it makes navigating around Gate World even easier but some people (as usual) are taking advantage of them to express their opinions inappropriately.

In the "PRO CAM/SAM Ship" thread, someone has added the tag of "siblings" to the thread and while I understand that the ship perhaps isn't popular and some see the two characters as close friends and/or siblings, I feel it's inappropriate of them to force their opinion in a "PRO" "Ship" thread.

Would it be possible to amend the function so that only members subscribed to the threads be allowed to add or remove tags?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to voice my concerns about this, I wasn't sure how else to go about it. Thank you!
                            ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

is there a way to be notified when someone quotes your posts???

Comment

if you think that there's an inappropriate tag on a thread, report a post in that thread and tell the mods to check it out. If we agree, we can remove the tags

as to notification when someone quotes your posts, i don't think that's possible

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X