Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it has a 4 character minimum, thus smaller words don't 'count' as far as it's concerned
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
      Search will of course return -- this is a temporary measure. As to when, and why Greg chose this over disabling guest access -- those are questions for Greg. Needless to say we'll do our best!
      A question: is there a way to limit the amount of guest users online? Because, it's really a problem when, as in currently right now, there are 5+ times as many guests on here as there are users.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
        A question: is there a way to limit the amount of guest users online? Because, it's really a problem when, as in currently right now, there are 5+ times as many guests on here as there are users.
        To my knowledge the guests are either on or they are not. But Darren or Greg might have a better insight into that
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Is there a limit on how many pics and Kb or Mb size we can have in our albums? Cause i have tried to look to my albums and in my control panel but i can't find it?

I know this might not be a mod question but i can try to ask eh

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            Is there a limit on how many pics and Kb or Mb size we can have in our albums? Cause i have tried to look to my albums and in my control panel but i can't find it?

I know this might not be a mod question but i can try to ask eh
            When you click on upload pictures it tells you how many you can have.
            It is either each album can have 60 OR you can have a total of 60 pictures and they can be 600X600 I THINK I will have to re-check that and edit my post if that is different.

Here is the actual wording from the Picture Uploader

Pictures Remaining 60
            Maximum File Size per Picture 97.7 KB
            Maximum Picture Dimensions 600 by 600 Pixels

Pictures will be automatically resized to fit within these constraints if possible. However, you may receive better results by doing it manually.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Question re: Friends function.

I'm loving all the new stuff that the new software has provided.

However I noticed a curious thing. in the bit where friends are listed I found myself listed in my list of friends. How did that happen?

I looked today and seems I am no longer listed as a friend, but all the others are now gone too apart from one friend.....
              Spoiler:
              What you guys abandoned me LO L
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Sorry to sound like I'm bugging you guys with tons of questions.

But concering the user profile. Howcome you can't view information such as favorutie episode or character when you view your profile? Do other people see that info? Why's it hidden
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Sorry to sound like I'm bugging you guys with tons of questions.

But concering the user profile. Howcome you can't view information such as favorutie episode or character when you view your profile? Do other people see that info? Why's it hidden

Maybe I can help . Click you your profile and about me. I just did that to mine and look what I've found

Spoiler:
                  About Integrabyte

Interests
                  PCs, Cars, Sci-Fi, Women, etc
                  Favorite Stargate Episode
                  Unending/Inferno
                  Favorite Stargate Character
                  Thor/Lya/Sam
                  First Episode You Saw
                  Window of Opportunity

Why is it hidden and under a different tab? This I do not know and maybe some of the VBulletin experts can give us a hand. To be frank, I like it under a different tab .

Comment

teggy, you and cocopops want to work this out, take it to pm

sigpic

Comment

Folks

Please remember THIS is the ASK the MODERATORS thread and it is for questions regarding the Forum and how things work or where folks can find or do something. Or How they should deal with something. However it is still questions for the MODERATORS

Now we have and will sometimes leave answers posted by members because it seems petty and redundant to delete a post just to repost exactly what a member has just answered. And for the most part we try not to be that way

But this thread is for the questions...from Members and the Answers from US.

We love the thanks and we do note it even though we delete many of those posts as well. We also appreciate that many of our membership knows many of the answers to many of the questions here and we have asked repeatedly that if that is the case you, the member PM the other member with said answer. Even if we answer here OR esculate it further up the Admin chain you can still PM a response to another member and in the end they will have the benefit of having many work for an answer on their behalf.

What we will ask again is that you don't answer here unless we request answers from Membership and we definitely ask that you refrain from chatting back and forth. We try to keep this thread free of chit chat as many well know.

Thank you
                      TameFarrar
                      GateWorld Moderator

Comment

I have a questionable avatar and I'd like mod opinion on whether or not it'd be allowed.

Spoiler:

And if not would I be able to upload a slightly larger (and thus more readable) version to my album thingy or is it still too mean?

Comment

I am one that always errs on the side of Play Nice with others so if I am asked I say what I think ...To me that would be better in an album as that is your personal space and as long as its not overtly offensive and PG it can hang out there . As an avatar....

again I'm the Mod that always errs...on the really fluffy side of things... so from me...I wouldn't use it...But...to be frank I have seen worse avatars that we have allowed

Comment

why are the movies listed under the "episodes" tab? why not under franchise or we rename the episodes tab?
                            MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                            I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

What's the oldest thread?
                              Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

the one below the second oldest

i'm actually not sure. You'd have to check out the last pages of some of the folders and see which is the oldest. I'm pretty sure whatever it is it's just minutes older than any others

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X