Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it only count for .gifs files or all pics? I usually post .jpg files.

ALL photo files. jpg, targa, png, you name it, all graphics files fall under the rules

And if the pic does stretch the page, you can't post it at all, or is it okay then to put it under spoiler tags, which I always do?

it depends on file size. a 75K photo that just happens to be 800pixels wide, put it under spoilers. a 2.5 meg photo (like how stuff comes directly off joe's blog) are too big and even because stuff is behind spoiler tags, it still downloads....so imagine how a thread bogs down when you have 10 megs of collected photos to download before you can see the thread

It seems everyone is now posting attachments instead of the normal way of posting pics, even if the pic isn't stretching the page. Is this what was we're supposed to do now with all pics?

using the attachment feature is something great for those that dont' have web space or a photobucket account. it's not the only way you can post, just another way and has the added benefit of controlling file size

I also have to admit that the attachments aren't my favorites, it looks less nice and you have a quota you are bound too. Although I understand the stretching ones are annoying.

which is why it's not the only way you can post photos, just an option offered to those that don't have other means. I sometimes use it because i don't have web space handy to upload stuff to and i don't want to mess with photobucket
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      we may need to get darren in on it. i used to have access to the deleter page, but i don't nkow if that still works since the fanfic uploader has been down for so long.

but let us know where it is and what it is and we'll see what we can do
      Most definitely.

Just a general FYI for folks...if you are asking questions in regards to the MAIN SITE fanfiction please specify that

since we also have a folder here on the Forum for folks to share FF for review and help.
      Thanks
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I need your help i am trying to change my avitar to a custom avatar but thier is no custom avatar where i can put the url into it

Thank you
        sigpic
        Class of 2004-2009!!

Comment

get back with us in just under 2000 more posts. custom avs are granted to members around the 2000 post mark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            Most definitely.

Just a general FYI for folks...if you are asking questions in regards to the MAIN SITE fanfiction please specify that

since we also have a folder here on the Forum for folks to share FF for review and help.
            Thanks
            at this point in time, we can't delete fic. The archive got good and buggered up a couple of years ago.

rebuilding it is on darren't to do list for this spring/summer, but at this point in time, it's unclear if the old fic will be able to be incorporated into the new archive or if they'll be unretrievable

sigpic

Comment

will old threads that are known to post animated pics be cleaned up ???

ie cantina and other threads in off topic

or is this just for future reference??
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

given that i'm sure it'd take hours and hours and hours to view every single page of these threads i doubt folks will go back and clean up pages that i doubt many people will ever read

sigpic

Comment

"Last but not least, please do not post pictures/.gifs that spoil the current season of Stargate:Atlantis! Feel free to post links to those pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though."

Does this mean we can't post current season caps under spoiler tags now?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    "Last but not least, please do not post pictures/.gifs that spoil the current season of Stargate:Atlantis! Feel free to post links to those pictures with the appropriate warning of spoilers though."

Does this mean we can't post current season caps under spoiler tags now?
                    No.
                    Since we already have a stated *Picture spoiler* policy it was felt that just a reminder with an alternative be posted. All other policies that may overlap the picture policy do still apply.

This is mainly to get members to pay attention to the size of the items they are posting, the added strain of re-posting continuously the same pictures and/or gifs and to create an overall awareness of member responsibilty for what they post.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

hey i'm wanting to start a thread so people can post virtual battles that they've typed up but i dont know where to do it. I'm leaning towards fanfic but i'm not sure what should i do.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                        hey i'm wanting to start a thread so people can post virtual battles that they've typed up but i dont know where to do it. I'm leaning towards fanfic but i'm not sure what should i do.
                        Fan fic is the right choice as even though it is a *Vitual battle* it is still Fan Fiction

Comment

we'd need to review the photo in question.

but there is one big difference between the image i get of 'naked' daniel and a whumped daniel...the whump is makeup and pretend.

If you want to forward a link of that photo in question to us we can look at it and see what the issue is.

sigpic

Comment

I already answered this issue In the thread. Since I am the moderator that deleted it as well as spoke most of the folks who had been posting it you are welcome to ask me more in PM

Comment

Hi

I just had almost had 2700 posts now it's 2090 and I'm not the only person whom that happend to.
                              Is that because I post a lot in the games section?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                                Hi

I just had almost had 2700 posts now it's 2090 and I'm not the only person whom that happend to.
                                Is that because I post a lot in the games section?
                                Yes,
                                One thread has been moved to Off topic due to the *game* itself not being in any way StarGate related, as well as the majority of the thread was being used for just basic chit chat for the folks on the thread.

The Fun & Games folder is for Star Gate related games.

The Off topic folder is for *other games* as well as threads where folks would like to just talk back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                                X