This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I think this probably came up a while ago, but are there any rules about spoilery usernames? If someone joined with the handle PoorDeadSiler or wemissuchuck, would the names get yanked?
    If it is super spoilery then yes report it so we can make a determination and possibly request that the person allow a change
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I'll be adding a Stargate Movies folder in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So... any updates on when all the scripting for the ep discussion threads will be fixed? All that "<DIV ALIGN="center"><TABLE WIDTH="450" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="7">" stuff is a little hard on untrained eyes. I know it's low on the priority list, but I was just curious.

Comment

In the past we've been able to just replace a file. This time, unfortunately, I'm going to have to track down the hack and re-implement it. Hopefully it'll get done sometime this week!
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hiya, i was wondering i have made a new thread in the Alternate Univere's in the General Sci Fi and Fantasy thread. It's called Wrestlers Thunk and Appreciation Thread..but i spelt thread wrong. Could you please change it for me?

Thanks

Sheppys_babe

Comment

done but again, folks, USE THE REPORT POST FEATURE please. that's what it's there for.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi,
                We are done with Carson and have the need for a name change to our thread.

Teyla is up now.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=25103

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Done, but again please use the report post function - otherwise we'll stop actioning requests until we get a reported post....

Comment

Which I will support. I've lost count of the number of times we've asked folks to put name changed in reported posts, something that folks just keep forgetting.

sigpic

Comment

and we've got the sig rules in the faq as well. STill means we deal with a dozen people a week that don't read them.

In this case, we're not dealing with newbies that don't know better, we're dealing with folks that have been here for weeks/months and have been told before to report the issue.

I understand your point scari, but just putting it in the FAQ doesn't mean that people will pay attention to it.

We also have little things in there about language, respecting others and other bits of common sense rules...and if everyone read and followed the FAQ's...dude the mods could take next week off

sigpic

Comment

I was actually wondering about that, can you use the report feature a few times?!? I mean like those game threads who change title a lot, can they use the report future again then or do they have to take another post?!?
                        Just out of curiousity, cause you can't green the same post twice either can you report twice?!?

Comment

what if it was put in the instructions listed below the actual report post feature (when you click of the little triangle-y thing)?
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

you can only report teh same post once.

however, you can report multiple posts in a thread

so lets say it's a game thread. adn you need the name changed. just randomly grab any old post and 'report' it, but just say 'i need the thread title changed' and we'll know that no one's in trouble

adding instructions to the popup might be a possibily. that's something that's up to greg to do i believe because he needs to tweak the programming

sigpic

Comment

How about issuing infractions against those who request thread title changes and whatnot here instead of via the report post feature? I know that the fruit tourney people in particular have been warned every time at least the past two times they've made their requests here.

Or wold that be considered an abuse of your powers?
                              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 27 June 2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

it might be a little heavy handed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X