Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could have been due to some major clean up in a thread and the posts got removed OR we had a Forum glitch and they got lost in the upgrade.
    Greg did say that he wouldn't be surprised to have heard that sort of thing happening.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
      This could have been due to some major clean up in a thread and the posts got removed OR we had a Forum glitch and they got lost in the upgrade.
      Greg did say that he wouldn't be surprised to have heard that sort of thing happening.
      I did notice that one of the threads that some of the green comments came from is gone, but the other threads are still there. So more than likely it was a glitch in clean up.

Thanks for letting me know.

Marla
      ______
      Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

I did read some of the last few posts but didn't see this.
        The report feature is not working for me...It takes me to the white screen. Is this part of the up-grades?

Comment

The report post thing works for me, I've used it twice today already!

Comment

apparently the *report post* glitch is more Browser related from what we are reading....

Possibly Darren or Greg can offer up a solution.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              apparently the *report post* glitch is more Browser related from what we are reading....

Possibly Darren or Greg can offer up a solution.
              I figured out a work around until the problem can be fixed.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1.

I selected "Tools | Options..." from the menu.
              Then I clicked on "Content".
              I checked "Block Popup Windows" and clicked the "Allowed Sites" button.
              I clicked the "Remove All Sites" button and Close.
              Then I cleared the check box for "Block Popup Windows" and clicked OK.

I have successfully used it twice since then.

It doesn't work with "Block Popup Windows" checked.
              It doesn't work with "Block Popup Windows" unchecked if there are sites listed in "Allowed Sites".

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                I want to know when the ads at the bottom of each page of the thread, I have seen, started?

IMO, it shouldn't be there. The ads at the top are enough. Thanks you for listening.
                The new ads were added on Saturday aftertoon (U.S. time).

Input is always welcome, and I thank you for it. I see it as a challenge to me as the site owner to find that sometimes elusive balance between the amount the site needs to pull in and making sure that the experience for members doesn't become too annoying. We have a pretty strict ad policy -- no ads for gambling, alcohol, etc., no adult-ish ads like those you'll see on other SF sites, no flashing or deceptive ads, and absolutely, positively no pop-ups.

But do take a turn paying my Visa bill before you decide that the top ads are enough. Our hosting costs are doubling effective this month. If you find yourself distraught by the extra ad, take a deep breath and repeat to yourself, "This site is free ... This site is free ..."
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Im having a slight bit of a problem with the GW atm,
                  I cant access the forum from GW's main page, I have to type the address myself
                  Its happening aswell with my controls
                  Its not really a problem as im still able to access the forum, im just curious to know if this could be a forum bug due to the upgrades or maybe a firefox problem?
                  Thanks
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

This is definitely a Darren or Greg question however, Major Tyler has surprised with his knowledge on more than one occasion not to leave out the ladies... but I personally have no clue However, I did want you to know your question was seen

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                      The new ads were added on Saturday aftertoon (U.S. time).

Input is always welcome, and I thank you for it. I see it as a challenge to me as the site owner to find that sometimes elusive balance between the amount the site needs to pull in and making sure that the experience for members doesn't become too annoying. We have a pretty strict ad policy -- no ads for gambling, alcohol, etc., no adult-ish ads like those you'll see on other SF sites, no flashing or deceptive ads, and absolutely, positively no pop-ups.

But do take a turn paying my Visa bill before you decide that the top ads are enough. Our hosting costs are doubling effective this month. If you find yourself distraught by the extra ad, take a deep breath and repeat to yourself, "This site is free ... This site is free ..."
                      You know Darren, I'm sure many of us would be willing to make voluntary regular 'donations' to the site. A number of us do so on other web sites.

I made a number of very good friends here and have had quite a bit of fun over the last couple of years. I, for one, wouldn't mind contibuting to the upkeep of GW financially. Especially if it would make some of the ads go away.
                      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                      it has it's own laws and beats about things
                      which the intellect scorns."
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Quick question. How does one create a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                          Quick question. How does one create a poll?
                          One does not because one does not have the Super Powers required

However if one is nice and PMs a mod with the required Poll information One might see a Poll magically appear where one wants

Comment

hey mods

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=813

and

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=812

have nothing to deal with any questions that are revelant for 2BAM to answer

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27228

that's where i believe the two posts should be... thx

think they gotta be merged into it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                              hey mods

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=813

and

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=812

have nothing to deal with any questions that are revelant for 2BAM to answer

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27228

that's where i believe the two posts should be... thx

think they gotta be merged into it.
                              Just an FYI... this sort of thing would be better served using the *Report Post* feature. All of the information put here can be put into the report box .

end FYI

Comment

now why didnt i think of that... yea now that i think of it... ya it would have.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X