No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great new set, Hyndara. What fandom is it from?

Love the new Castle sig, Mr.

Beautiful new Carson set ~lg

Love your newest Sheppard, Sy. Looks great, especially since you are using Gimp for the first time. How was it?
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Bay. It literally took days and five or six different versions to get the wallie nailed down. Once that happened, the sig/avi was easy. I want to make one more, with Atlantis in the background. But the song lyrics to go along with it are eluding me at the moment.

Comment

I'm sure they will come to you, ~lg

Here is one more entry for the Castle Quote challenge...

Found one minor flaw in it after I finished it, but it is too many steps back for me to want to fix and I'm probably the only one that will notice.

sigpic

Comment

It's awesome, Bay! Love the coloring!!

Any chance of a tut?

Comment

If I can remember the steps, maybe... I did a lot of tweaking
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
              If I can remember the steps, maybe... I did a lot of tweaking
              I do a TON of tweaking, too. I have a sig I've had started since Friday. Normally I finish them inside of a day, but this one is being stubborn.

Comment

Completely understand that. I dumped the wallie I started yesterday with this team and had to just start over... I'd tweaked it to such a degree that it didn't even look salvageable any longer.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm considering that with this siggie. I wanted to do something with "The doctor is in!" as a quote, but it's just not coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                    Hey, everyone! Made a new wallie for my story Those Who Survive as well as the CB Challenge this week. The challenge was to make art featuring a scene from Scotland. This is Loch Kishorn in the Western Highlands.
                    Again, Fantastic lg (I will start reading that story soon )

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                    Beautiful artworks everyone!

Sorry to disappear. I'm on vac and don't have my laptop... I'm using mommy's comp....so no photoshop...installed Gimp and here my first Gimp art..

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/.../joe-gimp2.jpg
                    now I have to try something for the challenge..
                    Brilliant for your first GIMP - And your new sig looks great too

Love the new Castle sig, Mr.

Beautiful new Carson set ~lg

Love your newest Sheppard, Sy. Looks great, especially since you are using Gimp for the first time. How was it?

Found one minor flaw in it after I finished it, but it is too many steps back for me to want to fix and I'm probably the only one that will notice.
                    Thanks Bay, and that wallie is so amazing - lg is right, if there is any chance of a tut, it would be very much appreciated - eve if you can't remember all the tweaks you made
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Okay ~lg, Mr and anyone else that might be interested, I made a tut up for my last Wallpaper - (almost makes up for not finding time to do the tut challenge last week )

I made it in Gimp...

Spoiler:

I have an eleven inch laptop, so my resolution is only 1366 X 768, so that is the size of my base.

Next I chose this picture of the team.

I scaled it to fit the base canvas size and positioned it so that their feet were showing.

What I forgot to do in my entry was to get rid of the MGM logo on the left bottom. For this tut I did get rid of it by duplicating the photo, then I flipped it and set the flipped copy under the original. Next I took the fuzzy brush and erased the logo so that the ground showed through from the copied photo below. Then I merged down so that I now had a layer with no MGM logo. I sharpened the picture just a bit under Filters – Enhance – Sharpen.

Next I added the Archaic Frame I found in Mr’s texture folder. (Thank you Mr )

I scaled it to fit my base (1366 X 768, but didn’t worry about keeping the proportions since I wasn’t worried about any kind of warping of the image like you need to worry about with photos and such. I set the mode to Overlay at 100%.

Next I duplicated the Archaic Frame layer, flipped it and set the mode to Darken Only at 54.5%. Flipping it will give a slight lighter area near their feet on each bottom corner now.

Next I added the texture 031 that I also found in Mr’s texture folder (Thank you again, Mr).

I moved it below both Archaic Frame layers. I scaled the texture so that it fit the base size, then I scaled it some more, but only stretching it to the left and right until I had the white area over the faces of the SG1 team. I set the mode to Darken only at 54.5%.

Next I duplicated the 031 texture layer and then flipped it by holding down the control key when I used the flip tool so that it flipped it top to bottom instead of the typical left to right. Then I set the layer to mode Overlay at 100%. This gave me more white over the faces of the SG1 team and a little of the red over the team to compliment the under the team redness.

Next I added the texture Vintage by princessof2.

I moved it below the two Archaic Frame texture layers, but above the two 031 texture layers. Scaled it to fit the base and set the mode to Screen at 80%.

Next I duplicated the picture of the team and set it as the layer at the top. I desaturated, Colors – Desaturate and I chose Luminosity. Then I played with the contrast, Colors – Brightness Contrast until it seemed sharp in the black and white without making their faces too dark. I then set the layer mode to Overlay at 100%

Here is a cap of Gimp to show where the layers are, just in case it was hard to follow.

Next I added a new layer, Layer – New Layer and I picked Transparency. Using the Blend tool, I had it set to FG to Transparent. I had black set as my foreground color and I added a boarder all the way around.

I merged all the visible layers. Then played with the coloring using either Curves or Brightness/Contrast, both can be found under Colors. When I was done I wanted a little more of a vintage look so I duplicated it and set the duplicate on top, then desaturated it and set the mode to Overlay at 44.5%

Next I added the text. It was set to an off white color with a font size of 32 and the font was LL Cooper

So, there were a lot of steps and I didn’t explain each of them in as much detail as I could have, so if anyone has any questions I’d be happy to explain or make screen captures.
                      sigpic

Comment

Lovely wps lg and Bay, and thanks for the tut

Brilliant first attempt with Gimp Sy I downloaded Gimp the other day but couldn't make head or tail of it It's a LOT different now from the one I used to use years ago

Comment

Thanks Bay..... Work first, then attempt the tut So glad some of my textures were of use to you

I lost count of the amount of times I downloaded GIMP and then deleted it because I couldn't figure it out... then I discovered this tread and it seemed to all click into place
                          sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Thanks, your SG-1-wallie is ... WOW!
                            The set is from "The Borgias" with Jeremy Irons as pope Alexander. I was completely hooked when I saw the first season last week and now chasing everything about that show. "My" couple from the set are Cesare and Micheletto. That they are a couple that's more for me I fear (after reading the few fanfics at ff.net ). But they are so cute together! (and Francois Arnaud (Cesare) is a little eye-candy )

lg, love the landscape-wallie!
                            Sy ... wow! You are a witch with everything *thud*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                              Yay for Gibbs/NCIS sigs Nola, they're fantastic

So is the one you posted Jumble

Okay, so I've been trying to do a new challenge entry, but got distracted by the secondary challenge and ended up making this

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...rtwork/MW1.jpg

Went back to the challenge entry but couldn't get it to turn out like I wanted - but to be honest I have a cold which has given me a headache, earache, sore throat and general yuckiness so I'm willing to settle for what I ended up with
                              They both are great.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              Awesome Mr! And *hugs* for the cold

Secondary challenge entry.........

(Yes, she did actually say that )
                              Of course we are hilarious. Great use of color.

Indeed you were Mr

If anybody needs some Martinpics, I've just posted .... a few........ on this page and the one after
                              How did you know I needed martin pics….i copied them to my computer already to start making some art work.

This looks great to me. Got to Love SG1

Thanks for the TUT on it as well.

There was so much to go through just had to hit the high points. Amazing art work everyone.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                                Again, Fantastic lg (I will start reading that story soon )

Brilliant for your first GIMP - And your new sig looks great too

Thanks Bay, and that wallie is so amazing - lg is right, if there is any chance of a tut, it would be very much appreciated - eve if you can't remember all the tweaks you made
                                Thanks, MR. And no worries.

Lovely wps lg and Bay, and thanks for the tut

Brilliant first attempt with Gimp Sy I downloaded Gimp the other day but couldn't make head or tail of it It's a LOT different now from the one I used to use years ago
                                Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                                Thanks, your SG-1-wallie is ... WOW!
                                The set is from "The Borgias" with Jeremy Irons as pope Alexander. I was completely hooked when I saw the first season last week and now chasing everything about that show. "My" couple from the set are Cesare and Micheletto. That they are a couple that's more for me I fear (after reading the few fanfics at ff.net ). But they are so cute together! (and Francois Arnaud (Cesare) is a little eye-candy )

lg, love the landscape-wallie!
                                Sy ... wow! You are a witch with everything *thud*
                                Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X