• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    safe bet that it's considered "heathen music" by the Isis chaps
    Safe bet I don't care
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Hiroshima was a military target. A nuclear bomb is so massive that any military target will turn to a civilian one
      That's what Tarkin said
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        That's what Tarkin said

Only that Aldeeran wasn't attempting to take over the galaxy and exterminating undesirable races.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Only that Aldeeran wasn't attempting to take over the galaxy and exterminating undesirable races.
          Who told you?

I mean...what plans for galactic domination
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

*Waves hands* These are not the posts you are looking for.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

*electrocutes aretood with blue lightening*
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah and I'm hearing that muslims in Germany are converting to christianity to get in the border. This is total b*** crap.. It's morally wrong.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  ...ISIS did threaten to flood Europe with 500,000 migrants back in February and that seems to be happening now..

How do you prove someone is Christian? They don't have to take a test or get anything cut off.. They don't carry ID cards..

If they have a mark on their body other Christians would try to burn them at the stake or drown them for being a witch so.. How do they know who they're letting in?
                  That's just it -- these countries do NOT know who they are letting in.

It's not in an initial encounter that means anything significant, whether these migrants are becoming true Christians or not. The problem results if/when any of them are actually sleeper cells, and purposely seeking Christian refuge just for infiltration measures, to ambush later.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Yeah and I'm hearing that muslims in Germany are converting to christianity to get in the border. This is total b*** crap.. It's morally wrong.
                  ummm. yeah. How serious are some of these *sudden* conversions? I've read from other web discussions from Muslims who believe these people would *never* claim to become Christian just to infiltrate a Church to bring harm to it later. However, if they as Muslims believe in deceiving the "infidel" just to gain the end goal of a Muslim (to wipe out the infidels), would some of these people perhaps be sort of like a middle-man person to send feedback back on names of who's in what location, what they're living status (job field, approx. salary, etc) might be, for the I.S. to get wind of it later and get involved thru some sort of back door sharing policy? Esther, who was a Hebrew/Jew to pretend to be whatever the King and Haman's beliefs were -- did it in ancient lands of Persia and Media or wherever it was; so what is to stop the massive droves of migrant people now from doing something similar?

On the other extreme, I also read that many of the migrants fleeing into Europe were Kurds (who are supposed to be the good guys/gals), and were fleeing because of the extreme persecution that was occurring in their former home area. It may be that they wanted out of their Muslim ways (sharia law was too harsh), so they would be eager to try something new (Catholicism? other Christian denomination).

Comment

Hearsay... where's your proof?

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    Most of them are refugees, and among them, there sure a few who have no good intentions in mind. But 85% are refugees. I saw an article in a local paper that the largest group consists of families with young children, the second largest group are unaccompanied minors and the smallest group are single men.

...true Christians...
                    What in the blazes is a true Christian?

The problem results if/when any of them are actually sleeper cells, and purposely seeking Christian refuge just for infiltration measures, to ambush later.
                    Sleeper cells.... if they exist, they don't need to be following the Bible for it.

However, if they as Muslims believe in deceiving the "infidel" just to gain the end goal of a Muslim (to wipe out the infidels)...
                    You speak as if all Muslims want what IS wants.

...so what is to stop the massive droves of migrant people now from doing something similar?
                    Like I said, these "migrants" are 85% refugees, running from wartorn areas and IS.

On the other extreme, I also read that many of the migrants fleeing into Europe were Kurds (who are supposed to be the good guys/gals)...
                    Kurds may be fighting IS the hardest, but the PKK party is fighting Turkey just as hard. If Turkey is concerned, they will wipe the Kurds from the face of this planet, sooner rather than later.

It may be that they wanted out of their Muslim ways (sharia law was too harsh)...
                    Sharia law isn't law in the entire Muslim world.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Palpatine was
                      sigpic

Comment

People.
                        The vast majority will be good, some will not.
                        It's not in an initial encounter that means anything significant, whether these migrants are becoming true Christians or not. The problem results if/when any of them are actually sleeper cells, and purposely seeking Christian refuge just for infiltration measures, to ambush later.
                        The concept you are looking for is spoken about in the concept of Taqiyya. It's a pretty common concept to be honest, but I.S. is the kind of organization to use it as a weapon rather than protection.
                        ummm. yeah. How serious are some of these *sudden* conversions? I've read from other web discussions from Muslims who believe these people would *never* claim to become Christian just to infiltrate a Church to bring harm to it later. However, if they as Muslims believe in deceiving the "infidel" just to gain the end goal of a Muslim (to wipe out the infidels), would some of these people perhaps be sort of like a middle-man person to send feedback back on names of who's in what location, what they're living status (job field, approx. salary, etc) might be, for the I.S. to get wind of it later and get involved thru some sort of back door sharing policy? Esther, who was a Hebrew/Jew to pretend to be whatever the King and Haman's beliefs were -- did it in ancient lands of Persia and Media or wherever it was; so what is to stop the massive droves of migrant people now from doing something similar?
                        Nothing, but very, very few would do it.
                        On the other extreme, I also read that many of the migrants fleeing into Europe were Kurds (who are supposed to be the good guys/gals), and were fleeing because of the extreme persecution that was occurring in their former home area. It may be that they wanted out of their Muslim ways (sharia law was too harsh), so they would be eager to try something new (Catholicism? other Christian denomination).
                        Sharia is not equal to Islam, much like the rules of the Inquisition is not the laws of most Christians. As for conversion, lets face it, the religions have the same roots, so it's not a big stretch to go from one monotheistic construct to another, a singular god by any other name is still a singular god.
                        sigpic

Comment

nothing morally wrong with converting (unless you use sharia law as the moral basis in which case they're committing apostasy which is punishable by death)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            nothing morally wrong with converting (unless you use sharia law as the moral basis in which case they're committing apostasy which is punishable by death)
                            Off with their heads!*

* according to the IS-way.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Transplanted from the Cantina thread:
                              Originally posted by Britta View Post
                              Yes. Governments can't deny people Equal Protection under the laws. That includes state governments. That applies to all subjects. By your logic, states would still have the power to ban interracial marriage.
                              Yes, Trump is wrong on that issue. The SCOTUS has put that to bed, in the 1960's and again this year.

I guess it's a matter of priorities.

In my view, he most important issue facing the U.S. is the pitiful economy and the destruction of the middle and lower classes. Social issues are far less a priority for me.

The Democrat's ideas of taxing the hell out of everyone until everyone is poor has never worked. I don't expect their ideas to be helpful, so I don't really pay much attention to them.

On the other hand, the Republicans have sold their souls to their corporate overlords. The trade deals they (with the Democrat's eager participation) have negotiated over the past 30+ years have outsourced an awful lot of our jobs. Look at the current and I believe at least one other recent recoveries from economic downturns. Wall Street makes a fortune, along with those in top management of corporate America. The middle and lower classes however aren't doing so well, as these companies are hiring domestically as little as possible. And the Republicans are trying to make it easy for immigrants, legal and otherwise to flood the labor markets for jobs that can't be outsourced. Again, to the benefit of the corporate masters who own them.

Trump is making the right noises on the economic issues, and as long as he is doing that, the social issues are not all that important to me because it seems that he is the best chance of doing something with our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Sleeper cells.... if they exist, they don't need to be following the Bible for it.
                                According to a very well respected Muslim, who is also a convert to Islam and whose commentaries I've read (on a public forum), this is true. He's in the heartland of the USA, and has shared much of what he understands the rest of the Muslim community believes and follows. Well, that's over here in the USA. It might be far different in other various parts around the globe. *sigh*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                You speak as if all Muslims want what IS wants.
                                Not true. Read previous comment above. I admire how this particular Muslim speaks, and I believe he is authentic in what he says; but I think he also said that he believes as the Sunni Muslims do, and most of them are what the I.S. is composed of... and if the contents of the news articles are true (about the jihadists mindset), we all know how well that is going on in the Middle East and Africa (with the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Nursa, Boko Haram, etc.).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                What in the blazes is a true Christian?
                                Ever hear the phrase---
                                "Actions speak louder than words" ..?

It's the way Jesus (of Nazareth) described His true followers would be known by their "fruit".
                                "By their fruit you shall KNOW them."

Matthew 7:16-20 (New King James Version (NKJV))
                                16) You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
                                17) Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
                                18) A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
                                19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
                                20) Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

If a person is a "Christian" in name only and produces no fruit or bad fruit (say a bunch of rotten, bad apples, for example), they are not only deceiving other people, but deceiving themselves (thinking God will reward them, when that will never happen) if they are proverbial bad apples. However, if they produce good fruit, then they (truly belong to, or) are of Jesus' followers -- hence, a *TRUE* Christian.

I've sat in Churches where people would go thru the motions of looking pious or acting religious, and the moment they walked out the Church door, they went right back into their previous bad behavior -- they could care less about being *Christian* and only wore that *spiritual* mask, like actors do on a stage, when it suited their fancy (their own end goals).

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                People.
                                The vast majority will be good, some will not.

The concept you are looking for is spoken about in the concept of Taqiyya. It's a pretty common concept to be honest, but I.S. is the kind of organization to use it as a weapon rather than protection.
                                It's one thing to go into stealth mode for protecting one's own family, or being a detective working on an investigation, but it's another matter when an individual person or select group of people enter or visit another country under the disguise of a
                                Trojan Horse (masquerading without the wooden cover) -- with the end goal results / intentions of bringing harm (to whomever they may be plotting against) at some later moment.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976

Nothing, but very, very few would do it.
                                Well, sadly, out of the millions (billions?) of Muslims on earth, it only took 19 of them to stop the USA from bustling to and fro on September 11, 2001.
                                People who fail to remember history are *doomed* to repeat it (or see it repeated into action again).

Comment

Working...
                                X