No announcement yet.

The Brotherhood (116)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great episode....nice to see some images of the city from the interior of it finally...great effects as always..funniest thing for me was ford giving all that information about the flashbangs as if it's most powerful weapon ever created and then shepard's like "yeah it only stuns their eyes and ears for about 10 seconds".

Comment

Don't know if I liked the episode. I was kind of bummed and stoked at the same time.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
        I don't think it was a normal dart. It's engine and weapon systems were probably upgraded so it could reach Atlantis, scan it, and have enough time to transmit it back. Oh, and destroy anything that get's in it's way.
        Well the engine-upgrade would probably only be more fuel, and I doubt they upgraded the weapon systems. Because if that was the case they would've sent more then one Dart simply because it would give them better odds of getting the information they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Well the engine-upgrade would probably only be more fuel, and I doubt they upgraded the weapon systems. Because if that was the case they would've sent more then one Dart simply because it would give them better odds of getting the information they wanted.
          Good point... Hm, wonder if the guys in the jumper were wearing red shirts?
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I thought that we had better shields than that. If the Wraith are coming we better figure out how to build some ships fast.
            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

they stated many times one on one, ancient ships cant be beat. so maybe the pilot didnt know how to use the systems and had the shields down. high suspect to me. the glowy rocket would have taken the dart out with one shot unless this pj was out. havent seen the episode so cant really say
              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

The PJs doesn't seem to have any real shields auto-activated. We saw some shield in The Defiant One, but we don't know if that is a ship-wide shield or just a shield to prevent a hostile takeover.

It seems foolish to give a ship two propulsion systems, weapons, cloak, DHD and NOT give it shields. They could fit everything else on it, so why shouldn't shields be there?

And remember, not all situations where shields are needed is because of enemy fire. Radiation or ships exploding for example.

The Ancients probably went for a missile weapon simply because they could always modify it to pass through any shields with some minor modifications that probably could be done on the fly be the one controlling them. An energy weapon is much more difficult to modify, and using them long range is very hard.

Comment

"Hey we found another ZPM!"
                  **yoink**

Ok, what's next week? Does anyone find this frustrating? It completely turned the whole episode sour for me. It reminds me of SG:1 where some sort of advanced alien technology is in their grasp, until it crashes, it disappears, aliens are too snooty to share it, etc.

I know, I know, eventually something solid will turn up, it has for SG:1. It's this wait and ZPM search mission that's getting quite irksome.

Comment

Noooooooo!!! Markham died! MARKHAM!!!

I met Joseph May doesn't even know they killed his character. And a Puddle Jumper too, they lost a Jumper! I wish Beckett got to blow that ship out of the sky, rather than it blowing up itself

The rest of the episode was great. Loved seeing Koyla back, pity Colm Meany didn't make another appearence. And I was sure that Sora was going to be in the episode, so I was surprised when Erin Chambers wasn't in the credits.

Comment

First, I think they are going to get that ZPM right back, only to have to use it all up defending Atlantis for when the Wraith attack. Just a threory with no proof (I have not read any spoilers as of yet so I could already be wrong).

Anyways, I thought by far this was the best ep yet. I loved the fact there was 2 storylines going on, one at Atlantis and the Wraith and the other finding the ZPM. More, there is acutal suspense for me. We know the reason the wraith was their was recon, and we have an idea that the wraith are going to be attacking soon. Question is, with the ZPM lost how are they going to defend Atlantis in just a few eps?

As for the PJ with no shields, I am holding judgement for now. Although I do see an error in how that PJ was so easily destroyed as opposed to what DelTrax1 said:

"I thought that we had better shields than that. If the Wraith are coming we better figure out how to build some ships fast."

I also was under the assumption that PJs could easily be defended against Wraith ships

Comment

Could it be that the PJ's do have shields, but because they are not ancients, they cannot activate them as they don't know how. You know how alot of stuff on a PJ is controled by thinking it to happen. Sheppard could have done it, as he has a more natural ability, but the pilots could have just had the gene injection, and even if not, you heard Carson said he could barely fly the thing, never mind raise shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Noooooooo!!! Markham died! MARKHAM!!!
                          I KNOW!! THAT FRELLING SUCKS!!!

Markham was one of the few characters that we were kinda-sorta-a-little-bit getting familiar with and they killed him! I'm aching for a few more guest stars (like Siler, Harriman, Dr. Lee, etc.) that we can learn to love, instead of seeing different people everyday. I'm pretty sure Grodin and Zelenka are safe since they add the international flavor, but I sure hope that they don't kill Bates or Stackhouse!

I was so shocked when Bates said Markham was dead. I'm really, really sad right now.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                            That guy that accidently activated the 'deep space censors' was really cute in my opinion
                            Yeah... they are gonna need some "Deep Space Censors" to protect them from Wraith dropping the Deep Space F-Bomb. (Not trying to take the mickey on you, you just used the wrong "sensors".)

Anyway, this ep was very, very good. Atlantis has just been superb in it's first year. Solid stories, great characterization, outstanding effects. Very strong Freshman season. Although, I am starting to get some distinct feelings about a few things.

1.) Teyla is a lot more badd-ass than we know.
                            2.) I think Dr. Zelenka has a crush on Dr. Weir.
                            3.) If Earth ever manages to send a BC-303 to Atlantis, it's going to get creamed by the Wraith.

-IMF
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              3.) If Earth ever manages to send a BC-303 to Atlantis, it's going to get creamed by the Wraith.
                              You never know what the 303s will do. In "Lost City"...
                              Spoiler:
                              they can take a horrendous amount of firepower from Anubis' mothership, Hataks, Al'kesh, and gliders coming from all directions,
                              but in "Grace" and "Prometheus Unbound"
                              Spoiler:
                              they take a few hits and their shields are gone.
                              It's almost like their shields have gotten worse, plus we haven't seen a single instance where the Prometheus' weapons have been effective on anything larger than an Al'kesh. I don't know what made General Jumper (the character, not the real man) think that the Prommie
                              Spoiler:
                              could take on one Hatak, much less three,
                              in "Lost City."
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                You never know what the 303s will do. In "Lost City"...
                                Spoiler:
                                they can take a horrendous amount of firepower from Anubis' mothership, Hataks, Al'kesh, and gliders coming from all directions,
                                but in "Grace" and "Prometheus Unbound"
                                Spoiler:
                                they take a few hits and their shields are gone.
                                It's almost like their shields have gotten worse, plus we haven't seen a single instance where the Prometheus' weapons have been effective on anything larger than an Al'kesh. I don't know what made General Jumper (the character, not the real man) think that the Prommie
                                Spoiler:
                                could take on one Hatak, much less three,
                                in "Lost City."
                                Well, in Prometheus Unbound (spoilers for Prometheus Unbound and It's Good to Be King contained here
                                Spoiler:
                                The Prometheus was damaged before they managed to raise shields, so I'm thinking it's starting from a lower startpoint. I think the 303's could make a decent show of themselves against Hatak's really, in an all-out offensive situation... but during the Antarctic battle, the Prometheus pretty much just had to sit there and take it, to protect SG-1's Scout ship, and buy them time.

However, if we see in this ep that the Jumper was taken out by an overtaxed Wraith Scout (I'll call it a Jean-Louise), then it's fair to say that the Wraith darts are probably comparable to the Puddle Jumpers in their technology... and a Jumper can take out a Hatak with ease. If the Darts are that powerful, then the Hive ships are probably even more so. The BC-303 doesn't even seem to be quite at Hatak level yet, even with it's Asgard shields. It makes me wonder if even an Asgard ship would be a fair match against a Hive ship. They need to get that Satellite working.

-IMF
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X