This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I was looking at articles on this...and Paris Hilton was a person named for this movie back in '07. I'm glad that left that idea in the dust.
    That would have been way worse than Taylor Swift in the role.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      No argument there!

Comment

AMEN....1000x worse...

I could just imagine a stick figure supergirl flying around with a tiny dog...saying, "That's haawwwwt." in her druggie voice...
        sigpic

Comment

AMEN....1000x worse...

I could just imagine a stick figure supergirl flying around with a tiny dog...saying, "That's haawwwwt." in her druggie voice...
          That actually gives me the shivers.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

That actually gives me the shivers.
            ROFL...good shivers I'm sure
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Why do I have the feeling this will go the way of the 1984 Supergirl movie?
              If Swift is cast, it very well could.
              I enjoyed that movie, tyvm, especially the director's cut.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                I enjoyed that movie, tyvm, especially the director's cut.
                I actually don't mind the Supergirl movie but Hollywood hated it. It bombed big time at the box office.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, we'll have to see what happens this time around...
                  sigpic

Comment

ROFL...good shivers I'm sure
                    Not exactly. Someone even contemplating that move would make me seriously question their sanity.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, we'll have to see what happens this time around...
                      I certainly wish this new film, if it happens, all the best.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think a Supergirl movie is a good alternative to do Superman movies until the whole legal thing is sorted. As for Swift doing the role, definitely something I don't want. I have never heard of her before, so this isn't a matter of "her music sucks, so I hate her doing this".

I am with LtColCarter on despising singers put in lead roles. I'm all for her wearing a skimpy Supergirl outfit but not in film. It's bad enough you can't walk a half decent low budget action flick without them sticking Rappers or Tom Arnold so sticking singers in big budget films purely based on looks is a terrible idea.

I looked at her acting credits, she is fairly good at playing herself and wow, an episode of CSI. Unless they plan to Disney up any Supergirl movie, with her flying around with the birds and singing, they should really go for someone who actually acts.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I actually don't mind the Supergirl movie but Hollywood hated it. It bombed big time at the box office.
                        True, but after Superman II went downhill for the series. I don't think Superman III did that well either in the States and it came out a year before Supergirl and of course Superman IV bombed a few years after. I've seen the movie a few times, I liked most of it except for the ****ty love plot and the voodoo/magic element.

sigpic

Comment

I sorta like Taylor Swift, but my first instinct upon hearing her being cast as Supergirl is to burst out in laughter. Admittedly were she to be in the movie, she could conceivably do a good job, but it's just such a silly idea. I'd probably still be interested in watching it though. I've recently become more of a fan of the idea of supergirl. But that is mostly from the DCAU. I really have no clue exactly how much I'd enjoy a big Hollywood movie about her.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            I sorta like Taylor Swift, but my first instinct upon hearing her being cast as Supergirl is to burst out in laughter. Admittedly were she to be in the movie, she could conceivably do a good job, but it's just such a silly idea. I'd probably still be interested in watching it though. I've recently become more of a fan of the idea of supergirl. But that is mostly from the DCAU. I really have no clue exactly how much I'd enjoy a big Hollywood movie about her.
                            Well if you haven't seen it, try watching the 1984 Supergirl movie. Be warned, it's not that great but I never had any problems with the Supergirl sequences, just the Dunaway/Cook stuff and the magical aspect of the movie.

sigpic

Comment

DC: 'Taylor Swift not Supergirl'

A DC spokesman has denied the rumour that singer Taylor Swift is being considered for the lead role in a planned film adaptation of Supergirl.

Speculation started last month after several sources printed remarks from a "Hollywood insider" linking the 20-year-old star to the part, but DC appears to have rubbished the claims.

RTTNews quoted the DC spokesman as saying: "I'd love to know who the 'Hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...supergirl.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                DC: 'Taylor Swift not Supergirl'

A DC spokesman has denied the rumour that singer Taylor Swift is being considered for the lead role in a planned film adaptation of Supergirl.

Speculation started last month after several sources printed remarks from a "Hollywood insider" linking the 20-year-old star to the part, but DC appears to have rubbished the claims.

RTTNews quoted the DC spokesman as saying: "I'd love to know who the 'Hollywood insider' is, because that's as clueless a thing as I've heard all year."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...supergirl.html
                                Well, that should make a lot of people happy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X