Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipper U Quiz #9: Guess the Shippy Moment II

Identify the shippy moment from the brief description. Give the name of the show, season, title and episode.

ANSWERS
    Spoiler:

1. SG-1, S3, Point of View: Jack asks Sam how she's dealing with the twin thing.

2. SG-1, Continuum: Sam is devastated by Jack’s death and cannot function back on Earth in the changed timeline.

3. SG-1, S6, Unnatural Selection: The Enterprise discussion.

4. SG-1, S4, Tangent: Jack’s oxygen deprived happiness at seeing Sam and her reply, “Hi, Sir.”

5. SG-1, S7, Enemy Mine: Jack in the infirmary pretending like his shoulder doesn’t hurt and teasing Sam about her “science project.”

6. SG-1, S5, Proving Ground: Sitting in the mess hall together eating Jello.

7. SG-1, S4, The Light: The discussion between Jack and Sam about Jack's curling bet with Daniel.

8. SG-1, S8, Gemini: Jack accidently lets slip that he wishes for two Samantha Carters, “if only.”

9. SG-1, S7, Affinity: Jack knows something is wrong when Sam hasn’t tried to confuse him with technobabble for a couple of days.

10. SGA, S4, Reunion: Sam has a photo of Jack in civvies in her luggage.

Last edited by hlndncr; 28 July 2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Shipper U Quiz #10: True or False

Our final quiz! One last chance to prove your Shipper knowledge.

Spoiler:

1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.”

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam.

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline.

4. True or False: Jack has never held Sam’s hand in the briefing room.

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers.

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to.

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him.

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh.

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack.

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam.

Comment

My Grace gifs...
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.” False.

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. True.

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline. True.

4. True or False: Jack has never held Sam’s hand in the briefing room. True (but it was a very nice hand brush... )

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. False.

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to. True.

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. False.

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh. True.

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. False.

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. True.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Spoiler:

1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.” - False

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. - True

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline. - True

4. True or False: Jack has never held Sam’s hand in the briefing room. - False

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. - False

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to. - True

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. - True

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh. - True

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. - False

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. - True

Comment

Spoiler:

1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.” False.

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. True.

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline. True.

4. True or False: Jack has never held Sam’s hand in the briefing room. True

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. False.

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to. True.

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. False.

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh. True.

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. False.

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. True.
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

You know it's already Ship Day where I am!!

So HAPPY SHIP DAYto one and all.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Spoiler:
                1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her "Samantha." False

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. True

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline. True

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. False

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to. True

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob "Dad" only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. False

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh. True

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. False

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. True
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

So why did I think Ship Day was today

I was freaking out thinking I missed it.

Whew.

Ok then 2 drabbles in one go

Under the Influence & A Quarrel and a Kiss

Spoiler:

“I wish you hadn’t told me.”

“You asked.”

“Well I wish I didn’t. Isn’t there some kind of rule against that kind of thing?”

“Yes.”

“Then wh….”

“I told you, we were under an alien influence.”

She tried to be patient, but for the life of her Sam could not identify when Pete had become so whiny.

“But why him? I mean how come you didn’t kiss Daniel or Teal’c?”

At that question Sam turned to look out the car window. She knew Pete really would not want the answer to that question, but he continued to ramble.

“Now I’m gonna be sitting across from the guy all night just thinking about you kissing him. Great.”

Snap.

Crackle.

Pop!

“Oh my god Pete! It happened years ago. You’re being ridiculous.

“Am I. I’m not the one going around kissing my boss.”

Sam released an exasperated sigh and turned away from Pete altogether, glad that they were almost at the restaurant where they would meet the guys; another wonderful Daniel idea ‘not’.

Before she could appreciate the few moments of silence, Pete started again.

“I’m not going to have to worry about this happening again.”

Sam wondered if Pete was really waiting for an answer.

Apparently he was, because he asked her again as they drove into the parking lot and came to a stop.

“Right Sam?”

In that instant, Sam realized that fate was an ironic temptress. Who could she see coming out of his truck then, but Jack O’Neill.

Mr. Persistent continued; “Sam?”

Giving Pete a death glare before bolting out of the car, Sam strode purposefully towards the General. Before Jack could say; “Hey Carter! How are yo…” Sam’s hands were on his face, her body pressed against his and her tongue in his mouth.

Oh, Jack didn’t mind. This was just, well…. unexpected. Sam had only kissed him like that once, years ago, when they’d been ‘touched’ and under the influence of an alien virus.

When the kiss ended, Jack realized that Pete was standing some steps to their left. Sam held Jack’s gaze for a few beats, her eyes saying to him, in that instant, what her heart felt. Turning to Pete, she sarcastically reassured him.

“Now you won’t have to worry about it.”

Walking past Pete unapologetically, Sam skipped up the steps to O’Mally’s without looking back. Pete watched Jack’s expressing go from shock, to slight confusion, to understanding, to satisfaction, then to smirk in zero to sixty.

Suddenly Jack also walked past Pete. In like-Sam fashion he did a little skipping up the steps of his own. Leaving Pete behind, Jack thought to himself, “God I love that woman.”

sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

Whew.

Spoiler:

“You asked.”

“Well I wish I didn’t. Isn’t there some kind of rule against that kind of thing?”

“Yes.”

“Then wh….”

She tried to be patient, but for the life of her Sam could not identify when Pete had become so whiny.

At that question Sam turned to look out the car window. She knew Pete really would not want the answer to that question, but he continued to ramble.

“Now I’m gonna be sitting across from the guy all night just thinking about you kissing him. Great.”

Snap.

Crackle.

Pop!

Sam released an exasperated sigh and turned away from Pete altogether, glad that they were almost at the restaurant where they would meet the guys; another wonderful Daniel idea ‘not’.

Apparently he was, because he asked her again as they drove into the parking lot and came to a stop.

“Right Sam?”

In that instant, Sam realized that fate was an ironic temptress. Who could she see coming out of his truck then, but Jack O’Neill.

Giving Pete a death glare before bolting out of the car, Sam strode purposefully towards the General. Before Jack could say; “Hey Carter! How are yo…” Sam’s hands were on his face, her body pressed against his and her tongue in his mouth.

Oh, Jack didn’t mind. This was just, well…. unexpected. Sam had only kissed him like that once, years ago, when they’d been ‘touched’ and under the influence of an alien virus.

When the kiss ended, Jack realized that Pete was standing some steps to their left. Sam held Jack’s gaze for a few beats, her eyes saying to him, in that instant, what her heart felt. Turning to Pete, she sarcastically reassured him.

Walking past Pete unapologetically, Sam skipped up the steps to O’Mally’s without looking back. Pete watched Jack’s expressing go from shock, to slight confusion, to understanding, to satisfaction, then to smirk in zero to sixty.

Suddenly Jack also walked past Pete. In like-Sam fashion he did a little skipping up the steps of his own. Leaving Pete behind, Jack thought to himself, “God I love that woman.”

I absolutely love it!

Apparently I'm all out of green for the moment, so you'll just have to be satisfied with a boatload of virtual green

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

Whew.

Spoiler:

“You asked.”

“Yes.”

“Then wh….”

Snap.

Crackle.

Pop!

“Right Sam?”

That one was great! I like how you combined the prompts and would have greened you but I have to spread it around first...

I really hope there will be lots of people online tomorrow for Ship Day considering I can't green most of the 'regulars' here before spreading it around. Would be a shame if I can't green everyone...
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My final answers...

Spoiler:

1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.” False

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. True

3. True or False: Jack is embarrassed when Sam finds out that they were married in an alternate timeline. True

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. False

6. True or False: Teal’c hears Jack’s confession that he cares about Sam a lot more than he’s supposed to. True

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. False

8. True or False: The first time Jack sees Sam after being released from the Ancient stasis chamber he runs to her and places his hand on her thigh. True

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. False

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. True

OMG! OMG! It's already ship day over here

*jumps up and down*
                        sigpic
                        Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. It can be humorous or sad, poetry or prose. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

All Ten Drabble Prompts:

1. Lost in a Storm
                          2. Teasing and Compliments
                          3. Compromising Positions
                          4. Among the Stars
                          5. Coming Home
                          6. A Quarrel and a Kiss
                          7. Turning Point
                          8. Whispers in the Dark
                          9. Under the Influence
                          10. By My Side
                          Okay, it looks like my muse performs better under pressure. I managed to squeeze out a few more drabbles.

3. Compromising Positions
                          Spoiler:

- Jack

“Cassie!” Jack frowned and opened the door for her to enter. “Weren’t you staying with Carter?”

The teen stormed past him and plopped down on the sofa with a grunt. “We had a fight.”

Jack dragged a hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh. It didn’t sound like Carter, but Cassie had been acting out a bit since Janet’s passing. “What happened?”

“She was being, like, totally unreasonable!”

“Cass?”

“Dominic had stopped by and… well, she kinda walked in on us in a, eh, compromising positi–”

“Ack! Not another word, I don’t want to hear it!”

- Sam

“Thank you for bringing her back, Sir,” Sam said, referring to Cassandra.

He shrugged, looking ill at ease. “Isn’t that what this whole shared legal guardian thing is about?”

“I guess.”

“I figured you two should talk and that wasn’t going to happen with her at my place.”

Sam smiled gently. “Did she tell you-”

“Ack! Just talk to her once she gets out of her room and make sure none of the details reach my ears, Carter!”

She chuckled softly at his flushed face, again wondering why Janet had decided they – CO and 2IC – should look after Cassie together…

6. A Quarrel and a Kiss
                          Spoiler:
                          - Jack

“Your leader is a fortunate man.”

Jack pricked up his ears when he overheard the chief talking to Daniel but kept looking ahead and returned Carter’s soft smile when he caught her eyes twinkling over the campfire.

“What do you mean, great leader?”

“He travels with his betrothed–”

Jack nearly choked on his wannabe s’more but Daniel quickly corrected the natives before he had to step in.

“But their quarrels, sleeping accommodations and sharing of food and water… They are not bound by a kiss?”

“No! We aren’t, eh, ‘bound by a kiss’ on Earth. They just work together…”

Spoiler:

- Sam

“Oh, for crying out loud, Carter!”

Sam rolled her eyes, summoning her patience and schooling her features like a good little soldier. “Sir, with all due respect…”

“Don’t pull that crap on me, Colonel.”

“Excuse me, Sir?”

His eyes narrowed at her and he waved his hand around. “That little condescending tone of yours-”

“Sir!”

“Oh, come on!”

Taking a deep breath, Sam tried to calm down. This was getting them nowhere. “I apologize, Sir. I did not mean any dis-”

“Please! Just kiss and make up already before the sexual tension suffocates the rest of us,” Cassie cried out.

8. Whispers in the Dark

Spoiler:

With her this close he could smell the soft scent of her shampoo and feel her curves pressed against him. She was surprisingly soft despite her toned figure and Jack couldn’t help but wonder if it was a sign that they seemed to fit together so perfectly. Her breathing was loud in the small space, every exhale hitting his neck and setting his nerves on fire. His senses seemed to be in overdrive and he blamed it on the darkness.

“Christ, Carter!” He whispered when she turned around, her six brushing his groin.

“Sorry, Sir, almost done.”

Damn escape pods.

9. Under the Influence
                          Spoiler:

Jack sat back on Daniel's sofa, watching the ‘new’ SG-1 interacting over pizza and beer. They were no longer his team or Carter’s, now Mitchell officially was the team leader and Vala had recently been accepted as the fifth member.

“What about you, Jack?”

“My favorite alien influence, Daniel?” He smirked, his eyes finding Carter’s. “Oh, I don’t know. Probably P3X-797 or P3X-595…”

She flushed and by now he knew exactly how far down that went. “Oh, those designations you remember!”

“Those weren’t mentioned in the mission reports – and I read them all!” Mitchell commented as the other guys laughed.

10. By My Side

Spoiler:

Sam closed the door as the last of the guests left her house and went back into the living room. She was exhausted, and emotionally drained after the death of her father and her breakup with Pete.

“Sir, you’re still here.” Due to her confusion it came out more like a statement than a question, but she hadn’t seen him for over an hour and thought he’d already left.

“Just wanted to help you clean up. It was a nice service, Carter. I’m sure Dad would have approved.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

He frowned. “For what?”

“Standing by my side.”

“Always.”

Now I shall finally go to bed and will join you all in a couple of hours for Ship Day!
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Happy Ship Day everyone!

I'm off to bed after watching the Olympics opening ceremony at the pub (lots of fun including a drinking game or two). Really looking forward to what the morning will bring!

Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Here goes...

Spoiler:
                              1. True or False: Sam has never actually heard Jack call her “Samantha.” False; Jack called her Samantha in 'Grace'.

2. True or False: Jack steps in front of a staff weapon and is shot in the knee protecting Sam. True...?

5. True or False: Sam is put on down time after collapsing on a mission and Jack tells her to go pick flowers. False; he tells her to go pick flowers after Pete calls

7. True or False: Jack calls Jacob “Dad” only when talking about him with Sam, never talking to him. True

9. True or False: Sam refused three fishing invitations from Jack. True

10. True or False: Jack loses to Daniel in a bet about Sam. GAHH! I have no clue!
                              Last edited by Sam-n-Jack-in-<3; 27 July 2012, 05:03 PM.
                              "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

HAPPY SHIP DAY!!!!! Hooooooooahhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X