Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    Jennifer jf's "Proof that Jack and Sam are together" - http://jenniferjf.livejournal.com/1420.html
    Okay, that is quite possibly the BEST post I have ever read for evidence on a couple's 'underlying' relationship in a show, and uhm, glad I am not the only one who picked up on those things.

As much as I have always had a thing for Daniel, my love for Sam and Jack's relationship has always outweighed my love of Daniel (which says a lot). I always felt that if they didn't end up together, the universe, real and fictional, would be doomed.
    The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Yeah, I'm still having a Ship Day hangover OVERLOAD! Amazing work everybody.

To everybody who participated - by sharing art, literature, music, or just shared the love -
      Thank you
      Maybe my mind is still stuck in the gutter from yesterday but I can't stop starring at your gif of Sam and Jack in the shower lol. Wouldn't it be cool if they came out in each others towels lol. I have no idea how to make those gifs but that'd be a really cool one
      sigpic

Comment

Been doing a little digging back to previous Ship Days and gathered up these numbers:

edited: updated stats for 2012
        Last edited by UhSir; 29 July 2012, 08:01 PM. Reason: updated stats for 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TabsV View Post
          Okay, that is quite possibly the BEST post I have ever read for evidence on a couple's 'underlying' relationship in a show, and uhm, glad I am not the only one who picked up on those things.

As much as I have always had a thing for Daniel, my love for Sam and Jack's relationship has always outweighed my love of Daniel (which says a lot). I always felt that if they didn't end up together, the universe, real and fictional, would be doomed.
          I have a lot of affection for Daniel -a very brotherly affection (and I hope that shows in my writings). I think that when he became aware of thier feelings, he would have thought that them being kept apart by the regs was stupid and they should do what thier hearts tell them (I'm gathering this from his relationship with Sha're). I'm certain he was best man at the wedding.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
            *pats sasha* So glad you enjoyed your 1st ship day -I wish I could have been online more! It was only my 2nd!
            If you need to quiet that muse, I'll take her off your hands for a few weeks, as mine is being petulant. I promise to return her when you are adequetly rested.
            Why thankyou Ma'am. That would actually be muchly appreciated. I really have to get to this weeks lectures for my Ancient History unit (Daniel would loooove it) and I really have no time for fiction given that I focused so much on getting the ten drabbles done Soooo worth it though. *glances at Muse* Muse, go with SaraBahama....go on...

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Welcome new Shippers!!!!!

I'm still in recovery mode after Ship Day. You may not see much of me for a few days. But rest assured, I will be going through the Ship Day thread and sharing Shippy Green soon.

Ship Day was a wonderful success! We had 2458 posts. That's about 150 more posts than last year. There were 60 shippers who shared their love of Sam and Jack with us and many more who merely enjoyed the offerrings.

Never before have we had a Fic/Vid/Art List that was so long it actually had to be split in two! The talent among the Shippers was on full display!

We passed our tenth anniversary in fine fashion and with all our new friends joining us I'm looking forward to ten more!

{{{{huggles Shippers}}}}

I'm not sure I will ever recover after the pure awesome which was Ship Day. I think my poor muse is confused because I got about a million ideas for new stories, and some little scenes for the WIP's I'm working on. Good work on Ship Day Hlnd. You are a hero!

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            Been doing a little digging back to previous Ship Days and gathered up these numbers:

edited: updated stats for 2012
            ^^So epically cool
            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Since there are sooooo many newbies here now!!! *huggles the newbie shippers*

This is a list of the threads here at GW about Sam and Jack. These are just the ones I'm keeping track of. There are more out there but, as far as I consider, they don't have any unique info. In other words, someone started the thread and then was redirected to an existing one.

If you know of a thread that I've missed in my searches (or I lost as it got wiped from my memory ), by all means add it to this list. But please let me know if you do because I keep this post as a doc offline so I'll want to add it there.

FYI, you can subscribe to a thread even if it's closed.

OPEN THREADS
              Note: Some of these threads appear to have been abandoned.

Discussion
              Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0 (You are here!)
              Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread (This is for indepth discussions that sometimes include not-so-shippers. Cool, eh?)
              Continuum for S/J shippers
              Jack and Sam? Season 9 transition?

Fun and Games
              500 More Looks Between Jack & Sam
              Good News-Bad News Sam/Jack style
              Favourite Sam/Jack episode

Art
              The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Fic
              Jack/Sam Fic Recs
              Penguin Fanfic Club

CLOSED THREADS
              Note: If you see something in any of these threads that you would like to discuss, by all means bring it up over here. Or, if you want to get some not-so-shipper feedback, post about it on the Discussion thread.

Discussion
              Jack and Sam: A question (Spoilers for S7 Fragile Balance)
              Jack/Sam development
              Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
              500 Looks Between Jack & Sam
              500 Touches of Sam and Jack
              Best Of... Sam'n'Jack shippy eps
              The Sam & Jack Shippers' Archive
              The Sam/Jack Shipper Discussion Thread X

Valenship Sometime around February 14th.
              2008 Valenship 2008: A Sam/Jack Holiday Celebration
              2009 Valenship 2009: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2010 Valenship 2010: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2011 Valenship 2011: A Jack & Sam Celebration
              2012 Valenship: A Sam/Jack Celebration!

Ship Day Always on July 28th.
              2004 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! IT'S SHIP DAY JULY 28TH
              2005 Third Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day
              2006 Fourth Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day Thread
              2007 5th Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day
              2008 Sam/Jack Annual Ship Day - 2008
              2009 2009 Sam/Jack Ship Day Celebration
              2010 2010 Sam/Jack Ship Day Celebration
              2011 2011 Sam/Jack Ship Day - Ninth Annual Celebration!
              2012 Ship Day 2012: Tenth Annual Sam/Jack Celebration!

Shipsgiving Sometime around the fourth Thursday in November.
              2008 S/J Shipsgiving 2008
              2009 Shipsgiving 2009: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2010 Shipsgiving 2010: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2011 Shipsgiving 2011: A Jack/Sam Celebration

Shipmas Sometime around December 25th.
              2007 Shipmas 2007: A Sam/Jack Holiday Celebration
              2008 Shipmas 2008: A Sam/Jack Holiday Celebration
              2009 Shipmas 2009: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2010 Shipmas 2010: A Jack/Sam Celebration
              2011 Shipmas 2011: A Sam/Jack Celebration!
              Last edited by UhSir; 29 July 2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

thankyou all so much for your warm welcome and all the reputation you gave me. I feel a bit more normal now that I know there are lots of others out there who are like me.
                I was a bit concerned by my dreams, and my imagination of the future till i put something in google and ended up here. It looks like i have lots of reading to do

SaraBahama - should i be worried about my advanced stage of 'shipping'?
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                  thankyou all so much for your warm welcome and all the reputation you gave me. I feel a bit more normal now that I know there are lots of others out there who are like me.
                  I was a bit concerned by my dreams, and my imagination of the future till i put something in google and ended up here. It looks like i have lots of reading to do

SaraBahama - should i be worried about my advanced stage of 'shipping'?
                  Advanced stage of shipping is goooood That means you can start to telekinetically move things around the thread, heal penguins in need, and fight off evil Ori Like an ascended ancient lol
                  "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                    Why thankyou Ma'am. That would actually be muchly appreciated. I really have to get to this weeks lectures for my Ancient History unit (Daniel would loooove it) and I really have no time for fiction given that I focused so much on getting the ten drabbles done Soooo worth it though. *glances at Muse* Muse, go with SaraBahama....go on...
                    Yes Muse, go! You've done well but Sasha needs to do her lectures and Sara is a real sweetheart. She'll be good to you. Go now. Shoo!

I'm not sure I will ever recover after the pure awesome which was Ship Day. I think my poor muse is confused because I got about a million ideas for new stories, and some little scenes for the WIP's I'm working on. Good work on Ship Day Hlnd. You are a hero!
                    This thread is usually pretty quiet for a few days after a ship day because we shippers really know how to have a totally blowout whoopin' time!

^^So epically cool
                    *blushes* Thanks. Yeah... numbers...
                    smilie by zuz

Comment

[QUOTE=SaraBahama;13445422]Jennifer jf's "Proof that Jack and Sam are together" - http://jenniferjf.livejournal.com/1420.html

this is just the best thing ever, and yes so true, have only glimpsed over some of it though cos i'm just about to start watching season 8, have already seen so much 'ship' so far but know there is going to be so much more
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                        I'm new the Gateworld Forum and this was my first Ship Day but it was awesome. I had no idea that there were still so many active fans still out there.
                        {{snipped}}
                        Welcome!!! I can relate. I didn't know I was "shipping" Sam and Jack until I discovered Gateworld at the Delphi forums back about aught three. I lurked there, and continued lurking when Gateworld moved to here. But I finally stepped out. "My name is Theresa and I'm a Sam/Jack shipper." I'm not really big on sci-fi, got dragged into it by hubby, for whom I'm very grateful because if not for him I'd never have known Sam and Jack and, even more grateful, never have found this group of amazingly wonderful people.

*sigh* I need to hug someone.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          Welcome!!! I can relate. I didn't know I was "shipping" Sam and Jack until I discovered Gateworld at the Delphi forums back about aught three. I lurked there, and continued lurking when Gateworld moved to here. But I finally stepped out. "My name is Theresa and I'm a Sam/Jack shipper." I'm not really big on sci-fi, got dragged into it by hubby, for whom I'm very grateful because if not for him I'd never have known Sam and Jack and, even more grateful, never have found this group of amazingly wonderful people.

*sigh* I need to hug someone.
                          *looks at Muse who is playing at SaraBahama's place* "Hey, muse, go hug UhSir."

Comment

Hahaha you guys are just too funny *grin*

I'm still recovering from my first Ship day and Holy hannah! I can't believe how much fun it was Hours later I was still in a shippy trance which really helped me a lot with writing my first Sam/Jack fic ever!

*Bows to Sasha713 for convincing me to write it

Anyway a big thank you to everyone for their contributions. You're all so talented and I'm amazed by it!

I'm so so so happy I joined this family a couple of months ago! Best decision ever!!!!

Sam and Jack forever
                            sigpic
                            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

I had lots of fun with Ship Day too!

My fingers are still cramped from all the writing and clicking! Anyway, looking forward to Shipsgiving. That's the next shippy holiday, right?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I had lots of fun with Ship Day too!

My fingers are still cramped from all the writing and clicking! Anyway, looking forward to Shipsgiving. That's the next shippy holiday, right?
                                Right! ...another Holiday fic?
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X