No announcement yet.

Duped (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that the episode was alright, but nothing to special. Joanne Kelly did a good job as dual roles, in fact IMO she was better as Alice-Myka than Myka in general. Still not feeling the Pete/Myka chemistry, while its getting better it seems to forced most of the time, not coming naturally from the actors. Pete/Myka will never be a Brennan/Booth. On the other hand, the chemistry between Claudia and Artie, is just brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      I thought that the episode was alright, but nothing to special. Joanne Kelly did a good job as dual roles, in fact IMO she was better as Alice-Myka than Myka in general. Still not feeling the Pete/Myka chemistry, while its getting better it seems to forced most of the time, not coming naturally from the actors. Pete/Myka will never be a Brennan/Booth. On the other hand, the chemistry between Claudia and Artie, is just brilliant.
      They're not trying to be Brennen/Booth. They're going more for a Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy feel. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because this is by far my fav eps and one of the best yet.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        They're not trying to be Brennen/Booth. They're going more for a Katherine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy feel. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree because this is by far my fav eps and one of the best yet.
        I never said that they were trying to be Brennen/Booth, i said they dont have nowhere near the same level of chemistry. Like it or not both shows have the same basic premise, the difference being in the subect matter, the chemistry has to be there from day one, 24/7, which its not. Saying that their going for Hepburn/Tracy feel one of the greatest pairiness, dosent help the situation. They'll never match those hightest

Comment

I never said that they were trying to be Brennen/Booth, i said they dont have nowhere near the same level of chemistry. Like it or not both shows have the same basic premise, the difference being in the subect matter, the chemistry has to be there from day one, 24/7, which its not. Saying that their going for Hepburn/Tracy feel one of the greatest pairiness, dosent help the situation. They'll never match those hightest
          In YOUR opinion. It is not a FACT. I happen to think they have chemistry and really enjoy watching them play off each other. They are Pete & Myka, not Hepburn & Tracy OR Brennen & Booth. It might not be the romantic kind of chemistry that's steaming up Bones, but you know what, I still like it.

I didn't originally coin they were going for Hepburn & Tracy, the writers of the show did. http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/why-war...3s-writers.php - link to one of the articles.
          sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with Madwelshboy - at least I think I do. The term "chemistry" is so subjective. And I've never watched Bones. But if their objective was to create a pair with romantic chemistry, in my opinion they failed here. I do see a somewhat sibling-esque relationship developing between Pete and Myka. But I'm having a hard time seeing anymore than that right now.

I admit, however, that possibly part of the reason I'm having a hard time seeing it is because of the difficulties I'm having buying into the Pete character. Myka I actually like quite a bit. But Pete I'm not so thrilled with, and that's probably a large part of the problem.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              In YOUR opinion. It is not a FACT. I happen to think they have chemistry and really enjoy watching them play off each other. They are Pete & Myka, not Hepburn & Tracy OR Brennen & Booth. It might not be the romantic kind of chemistry that's steaming up Bones, but you know what, I still like it.
              I know its my opinion, which is something that im entitled to. And never said that it was a fact so these no need to get your knickers in a twist and go all CAPITALS with me.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              I admit, however, that possibly part of the reason I'm having a hard time seeing it is because of the difficulties I'm having buying into the Pete character. Myka I actually like quite a bit. But Pete I'm not so thrilled with, and that's probably a large part of the problem.
              I'm the opposite in this respect.

Comment

I know its my opinion, which is something that im entitled to. And never said that it was a fact so these no need to get your knickers in a twist and go all CAPITALS with me.
                Sorry about the two words in all caps. I wasn't saying you aren't entitled to it I was merely pointing out that it came across as you stating a fact, at least to me. My knickers aren't in a twist so get that out of your head. I'm sorry it came off as kind of rude as I didn't really mean it to be. I too was simply stating my opinion which happens to disagree with yours.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  It was interesting to see the actors who play Jo and Zane play a different couple.
                  Was that not supposed to be Jo and Zane?
                  Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

The disco ball playing in the warehouse was as Claudia said sick I love Artie yelling Claudia flat out to back off shows u how serious the situation is.

First boring ep of the series but I still liked it
                    4/10
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                    X