Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to see a folder for this show ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see a folder for this show ...

Please vote in the poll for any and all shows where you think you would participate in the discussions, if it had its own folder.

If you have a show in mind and don't see it listed, feel free to suggest it below!

Please note that this poll is for gauging interest only. A variety of factors go into the decision, and the highest vote-getters are by no means guaranteed an instant folder.
    Day One
    1.00%
    Defying Gravity
    5.00%
    Eureka
    18.50%
    Flash Forward
    5.00%
    Fringe
    13.50%
    Legend of the Seeker
    6.50%
    Star Wars
    24.00%
    True Blood
    4.00%
    V
    10.00%
    The Vampire Diaries
    1.00%
    Warehouse 13
    11.50%
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Ahh..choices choices
    WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
    Germany Chiefed Poland.
    England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
    England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
    France got Chiefed.
    Japan decided to scout America.
    America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
    America cut Japan to 90 pop.
    Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
    USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
    Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
    Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
    USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
    Hitler deleted his account...
    USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

What about Torchwood?

Comment

what about the xfiles?
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

My vote goes to V (since you can only vote for one in the poll). Its already the most discussed new show for fall 09 on the forum. Eureka, Fringe, True Blood seem to be very popular around here so im sure that these loads of support for them, while Flash Forward looks like it will be a hit. I kinda don't see the point when it comes to day One, since NBC have said that its likely only to a 1 season show.
          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 20 August 2009, 03:55 AM.

Comment

I vote for Eureka and Warehouse 13.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Can we nominate movies?

If so then I go District 9...fricken awesome!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Darren i don't know if this is of any interest in this matter, but a while ago i set up a thread about the new shows for the 09-10 season (with a poll), asking people their interests in them. Some of which you've listing here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ighlight=shows

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                  What about Torchwood?
                  I would vote for Torchwood as well.

Comment

I vote for Star Wars and Warehouse 13.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

I watch, but don't participate in Eureka discussions. I probably would if it did get its own folder. I would like to see a Star Wars folder. I'd definitely post in there.

I also gave Defying Gravity, Fringe, Warehouse 13 and V a tick because they're on my To Watch list.

Torchwood definitely needs its own subfolder within the Doctor Who forum.

edit: dammit. I forgot to give Eureka a tick.
                      Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 20 August 2009, 10:10 AM. Reason: their, their missster.freeman. your grammer aint all that bad ;D
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                        What about Torchwood?
                        There aren't that many active Torchwood threads in Dr. Who.
                        Last edited by SeaBee; 20 August 2009, 09:40 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Emphatic votes for both Star Wars and Eureka. I also tossed Warehouse 13 a vote too, though it'd probably be better to wait and see if it gets a second season before pursuing that possibility. [EDIT: As of today, Warehouse 13 IS getting a second season!]

Question re: retiring show folders. Specifically....Babylon 5, Farscape, and Firefly. I love all of these shows to bits, but all of them have been off the air for quite some time with very little new going on with any of them. And none of them have the benefit of being a massive franchise to engender lasting longer-term discussion in the way that something like Trek or Star Wars does. Do you have particular qualifications in mind for when to retire a series' dedicated folder, or is it whenever you feel it's time, or do they hang around forever? Just curious

Oh and Lost....most of the series that have folders spell their titles either in all caps or all lower case, but Lost is the only one that gets caps....that's the grammar nazi in me getting all riled up Further grammar nazism--why is Caprica out of the alphabetical order that everything else is in?
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 21 August 2009, 10:28 AM.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Not a Torchwood fan myself, but just noting that there is a petition thread in the Doctor Who folder requesting a Torchwood folder. It's got 21 names so far.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67721
                            Last edited by Killdeer; 20 August 2009, 01:47 PM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Not a Torchwood fan myself, but just noting that there is a petition thread in the Doctor Who folder requesting a Torchwood folder. It's got 21 names so far.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67721
                              If there is enough traffic for TW then why not? But...and it's a big but...when I clicked on the Torchwood tag only 18 of the first 20 threads had posts from this year and only 4 had been posted on in the last 4 weeks, and one of them was the petition you mention.

The forum owners are going to need a lot of evidence it's going to be worth the hastle of setting up the sub-section and at the moment I can't see the traffic.

21 names sounds a lot, but 21 from 38 odd thousand is not a lot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X