Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Smallville beat SG-1’s longevity record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i *really* don't want smallville to beat sg1's record, even though i think smallville is a great show too.
    I guess records just don't really matter that much to me.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      They might have to let it go if the WB loses the Superman rights in 2013
      Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I thought they could sneak in another season (Season 10) before that takes effect. Maybe I am wrong.
      Yeh they could easily fit at least 2 seasons in before the 2013 date, if they want to and have to money to that is.

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
      I really think the season 9 will be the last, a lot of people miss Lex and Lana, and I don't think Smallville is as good as Stargate. Don't forget that Stargate have movies ^^ 2 almost 3... so we could say that stargate have more than just 10 seasons.
      On the flip side these a lot of people who dont miss them and glad they left. And losing Lex and Lana didnt have much effect on the ratings, these very little difference between season 7 and 8.

Comment

While I did miss Lex at times, I was amazed with how good Season 8 was. This show still has many stories left that could be told.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          While I did miss Lex at times, I was amazed with how good Season 8 was. This show still has many stories left that could be told.
          To be honest I was actually glad to see Lex and Lana go. By the time "Goodbye Kiss" came around in Season 8 I was so glad. Lana was a good character, and I'm glad she got a memorable farewell but I was SO glad to have her off the show.

As for Lex, I have mixed feelings but overall it is OK with him gone...although he still had a presence in season 8. They could always do guest appearances for a couple episodes if they wanted to, but I'm OK with him gone completely.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been watching Smallville since the first episode. I wouldn't mind it going for a tenth season. I'd love for the show to reach 200 episodes. I'm worried about how the Friday timeslot will affect it though. Whatever happens, it has had a great run.

Comment

I'm in the camp that was glad to see Lana go at the end of season 7. Then she came in in season 8 for five episodes and the show's plot ground to a halt to tell her story. Arg!

Stargate is a better show overall, but that's due to the very hit or miss nature of Smallville. I either love or hate every episode. I've never seen an episode I just considered average.

All in all I don't really care if it beats the record or not. I don;t see why it really matters.
              "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
              "Those who abandon the path are evil."
              "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Working...
              X