Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for Stargate to give NASA a name for New Space Station!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for Stargate to give NASA a name for New Space Station!

The NASA website has offered people a chance to suggest a name for their new part or Nod 3 that they will install in the International Space Station. Its sort of a contest where the winning name will be chosen for the Nod 3.
    now the contest rules say you are allowed to suggest a name once each day and the name that they will go with has to be something related to peace or harmony, etc. and the winning name as of now is Serenity because of Firefly fans. since we are stargate fans, I think your loyalty belongs to stargate not firefly because i know what some of you are thinking.

other gaters and me are already voting for the name ASCENSION, so i suggest we all decide on a stargate name that all of us are going to vote for. i suggest ASCENSION because i think thats the type of name that NASA is after. so please dont hinder our plight by voting for Serenity. if you have a better name suggest it but it better be good and better be something related to peace, or else its useless.

heres the site: http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html
    sigpic

"Ascension" sounds good to me
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      "Ascension" sounds good to me
      i like assetnion but wouldnt midway be more to the topic as it was a space station

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
        i like assetnion but wouldnt midway be more to the topic as it was a space station
        alright let me try again, the name has to be related to peace or unity or harmony...midway--the name means nothing to nasa, and NASA is the obne that chooses.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
          alright let me try again, the name has to be related to peace or unity or harmony...midway--the name means nothing to nasa, and NASA is the obne that chooses.
          Explain to them that the station would be a "midway" point between living on Earth and living amongst the Stars.
          The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
          Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

whats ascension got to do with peace..... i reckon serenity is gonna win

Comment

I will vote for "ASENCIEN"
              sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I voted for Ascension, although it wouldn't have been my first choice. It looks like Serenity will win, however. =\

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I just voted for ASCENSION, but it REALLY looks like Serenity may win with 85%
                  sigpic
                  Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

just voted "ASCENSION" i hope it will win and some1 will tell them it's been taken from stargate
                    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

it seems to me that no one wants ASCENSION....thats too bad. just because serenity is winning doesnt mean you cant suggest ASCENSION. plus i think NASA chooses according to what they like and no according to popularity. plus for the naysayers, they got top choices like Earthrise and other names that dont really relate to peace either but midway is just too meaningless for them and not inspiring. as said in their website:

the name should reflect the spirit of exploration and cooperation embodied by the space station, and follow in the tradition set by Node 1- Unity- and Node 2- Harmony.
                      and as for the votes:

NASA will take into consideration the results of the voting. However, the results are not binding on NASA and NASA reserves the right to ultimately select a name in accordance with the best interests of the agency, its needs, and other considerations. Such name may not necessarily be one which is on the list of voted-on candidate names. NASA’s decision shall be deemed final.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but with "Unity" and "Harmony", Serenity seems to be the best choice I can imagine.

Comment

i like stargate and i like firefly/serenity as well and i'd probably stick to SG when it comes to which i like more just because of the like 14 seasons +2 movies it's ahead of firefly BUT ascension imo really sucks as a name for a spacestation and i can't think of any name related to SG that could compete with serenity, so serenity gets my vote
                          Jack: How about a bake sale? Yard sale? Garage?
                          Hammond: This is what I look like when I'm not laughing, Colonel.
                          Jack: Car wash?

Comment

I think it would be funny to see it called DOOMBRINGER. or goldeneye.

But honestly, Ascention gets my vote.

Comment

I doubt "Ascension" would win because, based on this thread, only every third person knows how to spell it.
                              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X