Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J. Michael Straczynski Says There is New Studio Interest in Babylon 5 Feature Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J. Michael Straczynski Says There is New Studio Interest in Babylon 5 Feature Film

Skewed and Reviewed posted a new and brief interview with Babylon 5 producer J. Michael Straczynski, in which he talks about the possibility of a big screen Babylon 5 movie. Here is an excerpt.

"The first rule of subsequent storytelling is Do no harm to the original." he told the site "So in terms of the future, the only thing that would compel me to return to the B5 universe would be if WB came around and said "Here's enough money to make a Really Big Movie, go and write whatever you want." I
    don't think the fans are owed more B5 sui generis, but I do think the fans might be owed more good B5. Ironically, WB never seemed interested in doing a big B5 movie just on its own terms, in recognition for what it is and was. But now that I'm suddenly doing all this movie work, they've started calling and saying, "So, how big a movie would it have to be for you to come back and make a B5 movie for us?" So we'll see."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/01/...ure-Film.shtml

*fingers crossed for 2013 or so!*
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Skewed and Reviewed posted a new and brief interview with Babylon 5 producer J. Michael Straczynski, in which he talks about the possibility of a big screen Babylon 5 movie. Here is an excerpt.<snip>
      This is not new news because the original story link has already been posted a few days ago in this thread.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Yes ,I do hope Warner Bros. cut loose with the cash, ,But for now I do not want to get myself built up for a big let down like I was with "The Lost Tales", I was so sad that J.M.S. only made the one !!!!
        sigpic
        SOONER OR LATER,EVERYONE COMES TO BABYLON 5

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          *fingers crossed for 2013 or so!*
          But the rock will hit us first!

Comment

Fingers crossed!
            sigpic

Comment

First I'm seeing this. Wow. Don't know what to think.
              sigpic Heliosphere- multi-shipper, multi-thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                This is not new news because the original story link has already been posted a few days ago in this thread.
                It was news to me.

(hmmm..... BABYLON 5: The Telepath Wars ?)
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

News to me too... kind of interesting. I'm in the "the TV movies sucked big time" camp, though, so I hold out little hope. However, if it doesn't star a female commander of B5 that shall go nameless, it might have a chance.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    News to me too... kind of interesting. I'm in the "the TV movies sucked big time" camp, though, so I hold out little hope. However, if it doesn't star a female commander of B5 that shall go nameless, it might have a chance.
                    I actually forgot that what's her name ever was commander. I so miss the Hand of God... (see the sig)

Comment

Oh I'd love to see a "really big" B5 movie.

Sadly the best character and actor from the original series, and who I'd most like to see, has passed on now.
                      Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

two great actors have passed, richard biggs and andreas katsulus, so the show universe will never be the same.

I'd love to see some sort of movie or mini series to revitalize the B5 universe
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But it will be extremly difficult to do such a thing as that, as in revitalize the franchise. This one is probaby the most difficult in all the genre of Sci Fi to actually do that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            But it will be extremly difficult to do such a thing as that, as in revitalize the franchise. This one is probaby the most difficult in all the genre of Sci Fi to actually do that too.
                            The series, the franchise if you would, was originally conceived as a five-year story. Any 'revitalization' would have to exist in the secondary stories. It was never intended to go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              two great actors have passed, richard biggs and andreas katsulus, so the show universe will never be the same.

I'd love to see some sort of movie or mini series to revitalize the B5 universe
                              Well I never really took to the Dr. Franklin character, although I think Mr. Biggs was a fine actor, may he rest in peace.

G'Kar will always be one of the best sci fi tv characters ever in my opinion.
                              Learn how the Stargate name is being used in a con, and do your part to stop it!

Comment

Working...
                              X