'Smallville' star joins 'Heroes' cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Smallville' star joins 'Heroes' cast

Smallville actor John Glover has been added to the cast of Heroes.

Glover will play Sylar's father in the NBC drama, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"When Sylar meets his father, he's going to see a path ahead of him that he doesn't want to take," said a show source.

"He has a lot more in common with his father than he realised."

Glover will arrive on the show towards the end of the forthcoming 'Fugitives' volume. He also recently signed up to appear in ABC's Brothers & Sisters.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...roes-cast.html

awesome, he is a damn good actor.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

He's an awesome actor.

Having both Sylar and Lex Luthor as sons, now that's something to be worried about xD

Guess he's going to have a power. Intutive Apptitude like Sylar? With a range of powers from his years of hauling.

I can see him being a time-traveller actually, just to explain his abscence....

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        awesome, he is a damn good actor.
        Yes he is. Damn fine choice on the part of the Heroes PTB.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think I read somewhere, I think it was on here, actually, that people wouldn't be surprised if Leonard Nimoy (Spock), signed on to play Sylar's father.

Anyway, John Glover is a great actor and I can't wait to see him on the show. I wonder what power he'll have...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
            I think I read somewhere, I think it was on here, actually, that people wouldn't be surprised if Leonard Nimoy (Spock), signed on to play Sylar's father.

Anyway, John Glover is a great actor and I can't wait to see him on the show. I wonder what power he'll have...
            my comeback to that was "in that case william shatner should be meredith and flint's father"

i think he'll have something that makes watch making easy, since he was a watchmaker, perhaps something like the ability to see and do things on the microscopic level.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

my comeback to that was "in that case william shatner should be meredith and flint's father"
              And my couner-comeback was casting James Doohan, if we're keeping score here

Maybe Genetic Modification type ability? Creating his son's power, or something similar. Power Enchancement or something.

Comment

i think he'll have something that makes watch making easy, since he was a watchmaker, perhaps something like the ability to see and do things on the microscopic level.
                Sylar's real Dad wasn't a watchmaker. The parents we've heard about weren't his real parents, as Angela explained. I think Sylar's real father, played by Glover, will have a power similar to his own.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Dr. Manhattan?
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Question: Got any good intel on Heroes, specifically Sylar?

Ausiello: Zachary Quinto just shot the episode that introduces his real dad, played by John Glover, and he offers this critique: "He was the perfect choice," gushes TV son Zachary Quinto. "The only downside was that we shot our scenes outside in a tarpaulin shack and it was pouring rain for two days, so we were literally slogging through mud. The logistics weren't that great, but the experience was. It traded off in the end."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/...o--1.html#more

Comment

Maybe the same exact power as Sylar, but with out the hunger and using empathy to get powers? I'm expecting the same similarities like Matt and his Dad actually. John Glover... This should be good.
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Smallville actor John Glover has been added to the cast of Heroes.

Glover will play Sylar's father in the NBC drama, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"When Sylar meets his father, he's going to see a path ahead of him that he doesn't want to take," said a show source.

"He has a lot more in common with his father than he realised."

Glover will arrive on the show towards the end of the forthcoming 'Fugitives' volume. He also recently signed up to appear in ABC's Brothers & Sisters.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...roes-cast.html
                          LOL oh boy. First he plays the father from Lex and now Sylar. Supervillain and Serialkiller
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                            LOL oh boy. First he plays the father from Lex and now Sylar. Supervillain and Serialkiller
                            Yeah, the sons of the characters he plays don't seem to turn out so well.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Smallville's John Glover makes his first appearance in episode 19: "Shades of Gray"

http://www.herosite.net/herositespoilers.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X