No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally try not to do this, I tend to try to stay up, but this week has been so horrible that I feel the need of some WooHoo hugs

The 30 'free' hours of childcare has been a nightmare full of mis-information, rubbish government websites leading to other rubbish government websites and all sorts of other crappy problems............ but worst than that.........

My job is to give my little ones lots of love and encouragement, to help them learn the skills they will need to go forward into pre-school and then on to school. And I love my job. But this week my 4yr old has left me to go to school in September. He's been with me for 3 years and was seriously behind when I first met him. Now he is excelling in personal skills, small motor skills, physical skills and social skills and is an absoulte joy to know. A happy little boy who is more than ready to go enthusiastically into Reception class and onward into the rest of his school life. His parents have told me repeatedly that I've done a wonderful job with him and that they appreciate all the hard work I've put in.

I've been childminding for 28 years and have had to say goodbye to 79 children and you'd think I'd be used to it by now. But I'm not.

1 bottle of wine + The Moody Blues 'Go Now' = floods of tears

Comment

*hugs Jumble tightly*

It must be awful to have to say goodbye to kids you've loved and virtually brought up My sister was telling me just today how upset the nursery staff were on Alastair's last day (obviously not just for him!) there this week, as they said goodbye to the kids like him who are off to school in September, and they don't develop anywhere near the emotional bond that you do as a childminder. So you are absolutely entitled to feel sad. It's testament to the love that you have for that child and you should feel so proud that you have helped him become the special boy it sounds like he is. Big hugs and love to you xx
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks Josi *hugs back*

I know, there must be hundreds of thousands of nannies, childminders and teachers all over the UK (and probably the world!) who are feeling the same as me, and more that will feel it at the end of August if they've provided holiday cover.

I have explained to my 3yr old what is happening in September - that she might see the boy sometimes but not every day like she's been doing since she was 9 months old, and that she will will be going to what until now has been 'his' nursery but the children she's come to know won't be there but that there will be lots of new ones for her to make friends with - but I'm pretty sure when I pick her up on the 4th September her first question will be, as it always has been since she could talk, "Are we picking S up later on?" and I'll have to say no

But yes, I take a lot of consolation from knowing how much he has flourished and gained confidence over the last 3 years, and I'm happy knowing that he will do well at school

I'm glad that I don't have to start again with a new child, and that my final year will be spent with a lovely little girl whom I adore

Just stand by with the tissues next July when she moves on to school...........

Edit: Far too many 'buts' in there and too many long sentences........ put it down to emotional stress

Comment

*runs in with Big Hugs for Jumble*

*hugs WooHoos*
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Nad*
            *hugs Jumble again*
            *starts stockpiling tissues for next July*
            sigpic

Comment

*hugs Josi and Nad* Hugs really do help

I'm feeling much better today. Saw Joel, Lee and Stuart earlier and they gave me lots of hugs as well

Comment

*Huggles Jumble*

*Also huggles Joe*

*Doesn't care how public the forum is! Will huggle Joe if she wants!*
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I forgot to hug Laurie!
                  Sorry to hear about Callie.

I'll admit.
                  I stayed away the past few days to give LJ some privacy with Joe.
                  *nods*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    *hugs WooHoos*

I forgot to hug Laurie!
                    Sorry to hear about Callie.

I'll admit.
                    *nods*
                    I appreciate that! Still no word on whether Dark Matter is being renewed. The numbers weren't great last week. *huggles Joe some more* It's okay, Joe. Syfy will renew. You'll see.

*looks around*

*runz away*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      *hugs WooHoos*

I'll admit.
                      *nods*
                      I have no excuse for staying away........... just pure laziness

First week of the 'summer' holidays - torrential rain and gale-force winds So no gardening has been done......... that's my excuse for that

Comment

Just dropped by to see what is happening. By now most know I won't be able to make it to AT10 so I guess AT8 was my last trip to the UK. Here's hoping someone travels to the west coast of the US and lets me know so I can visit with you! Will be missing you all!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it over, Laurie Such a shame, it would have been brilliant to see you. I'd love to get back to the US someday and if I make it over your way I will of course give you a shout
                          sigpic

Comment

*runz through thread neeeeekiiiiiiid!*
                            sigpic

Comment

*chucks a blanket over LJ*

Had a major panic earlier............

I went to Lidl to re-stock the wine rack, but my favourite wine was out of stock. No problem, no need to panic, just bought a couple of bottles of an alternative rosay. Fast forward to 5pm - dinner was almost ready, time to open the wine........

For the last couple of years (at least) I've been drinking wine from screwtop bottles, but to my horror (!!!!!) the wine I had bought had a cork and I had no idea what I had done with the corkscrew

Took a couple of deep breaths and surveyed the cupboards and shelves in my kitchen......... aha! There it was, skulking between the guinea pig salt and pepper pots and the spare coffee pot! Yay!

Panic over

Comment

My goodness, Jumble.
                                You scared me with that story.

*takes a few deep breaths*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X