Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sylar discussion, powers, etc

Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?

Default Re: Sylar (the Fix) (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackApophis View Post
    Hey guys,

Don't know if this has been answered but what was the thing on Sylars head when he locks H.R.G. in the prison?

Also can someone explain what exactly is his ability. Six months ago stated he could see how things worked and could fix things. But when H.R.G's docs had a look at him all they could find is his telekinesis.

Also ( sorry if I'm dragging this out ), how does he survive getting shot by Parkman, falling off the top of Claire's school, and being shot in H.R.G's house?
    The thing on his head, power inhibitor maybe? Maybe they just put a bolt in his head for fun. Sylars power is to see how things work, and apparently copy powers once he examines (or eats) the brains of the people with the powers. All those incredible feats of survival can be explained by use of his telekinesis, somehow using it to arrest the momentum of bullets and himself. It could also be a much simpler explanation, he has a bulletproof vest and Peter broke his fall.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Default Re: Sylar (the Fix) (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackApophis View Post
    Sylar has the abililty to see what's wrong with anything, and fix it - provided the tools are at hand. That means he can repair himself, using his own power and telekinesis.

Default Where did Sylar get the ability to freeze?

when he broke the sword, he froze it and caused it to break. I dont recall anyone with the ability to freeze things. unless it was REALLY early.

Default Re: Where did Sylar get the ability to freeze?

the power was seen in the second ep in which the Matt and the feds found Molly after Sylar killed her parents. he used the power to kill her father. We don't know from where/whom he acquired this ability.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!! Omega Flight #5 of 5

Beckett Re: Where did Sylar get the ability to freeze?

"James Walker Unknown "Don't Look Back" His corpse was found frozen. Later, Sylar unsuccessfully attempted to kidnap the Walkers' daughter, Molly, from FBI custody. " from a Wikipedia search on Syler

i'm assuming here, that he got the freezing ability from him, James Walkers wife's head was only opened, the brain was still there....

it's an assumption, please don't jump down my throat...

We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigFlush View Post
    We haven't been watching Sylar from the beginning of his spree, so there've probably been a bunch of people he's killed (and stolen their powers) that we haven't seen, because it happened before we met him.
    Exactly! It's a neat power though.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Default sylar gone POP STAR?

for lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP-X6_Xk5qI

now who can imagine sylar singing and dancing?

Default Re: sylar gone POP STAR?

What the hell was that?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Haha!

: Green is Good.
    I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Question Re: sylar gone POP STAR?

How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler View Post
    How is that video in any way related to "Heroes" or Syler?
    The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.

Question Re: sylar gone POP STAR?

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    The guy in the glasses looks like Sylar.
    Umm...because he's a male...and has...hair...?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler View Post
    Umm...because he's white...and has...hair...?
    Well, with those striking similarities, one can see how a person could become confused.

First Lieutenant

Its just about the fruitiest video of all time. The guy has a slight resemblance.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

That was definitely strange. Very, very strange.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

That was retarded...nothing even close to Sylar..

First Lieutenant

Default The Death of Sylar

Ok, so assuming that this writers strike gets sorted out somewhat quick, and the series of Heroes does indeed continue, at some point, they are going to need to get rid of the bad guy.

Adam and all the other people we may think of Evil aside here, my main concern is Sylar, and how he will be disposed of at the end of the show. Logically thinking (ironic using that word seeing as how he is playing a Vulcan in a Trek movie), but anyway, realistically thinking here, there are only a number of ways that the threat he poses could be removed.

I'd like to share them with you...

The first way would be for Sylar to change. He is Evil, we know that, but what if something happened to him, and he became one of the good guys? I'm not talking one or two episodes here either, I am talking about permanently.

The second, would be down to Matt. Using his forced thoughts, he could either lock Sylar up in a dream for eternity, or, using the power of his mind, could 'tell' Sylar to kill himself, or to do something that would result in his own death.

The third would be to kill him with other powers (or not), by stabbing him through the heart, or by removing his head. I'm still debating whether or not Sylar actually has the regenerative ability.. We know he had some of Claire's blood, but we don't know if it is only temporary or not.

The forth, an addition to the third, would be down to our Friend the Haitian. His power, is the ability to block others, thus he could (before our other Heroes got involved) block Sylar's powers, allowing another Hero to kill him straight off.

Does anyone have any other theories as to how they could get rid of him?

It's Probin' Time!

First Lieutenant

Default Sylar and Regeneration

Yes, Sylar had Claire's blood, and it healed him, but we do not yet know whether this is a temporary, or permanent change. Whilst the subject of whether he has the regenerative power is still open for debate, I would like to address another matter.

Before I get started, I would like people to 'assume' that the regenerative power that Sylar now has is perminant.

Generally speaking, Sylar only kills other Heroes to acquire their power. In addition to them, he may on the odd occasion kill someone who he deems as a threat to him and his abilities.

The question then, if Sylar were to come across Claire, Adam, or anyone else with the ability to regenerate the way he now can, would he dispose of them, or would he leave them be?

In addition to this, I suppose you could ask the same question for others. If Sylar came across another Hero, of who's power he already had (lets say, he meets someone else who is telekinetic, or who has better hearing, or whatever), would his dispose of them, or just move on, leaving them be?

Thoughts?

It's Probin' Time!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast