Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here is the story i liked, remember the mid way station between milkyway and Atlantis.

SGC travel to a galaxy far away and decide to do a midway station between two galaxys so aliens can come and go at ease.
    And the show be about the lives of people living there and travel to that galaxy and explore aka deepspace nine.

That way its in the current time line, the midway station can be like the sgc and they could do alot more exploring than even sg1 did.

I just want something different if its noting going to be
    SG1.
    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Well, that makes for a whole lot of possibilities...maybe do something with the "Grand Central Station of the Multiverse"...

hmm like a little bit of SLIDERS, HMMM
      LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Stargate: Sliders? is that what the 9th chevron is for?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
          Just wondering, have you read a comicbook series by Alan Moore titled 'Top 10'?
          Nope. It's something Landry says in a season 9 episode, the one where we get all those SG-teams coming through our gate.

Originally posted by glennh73 View Post
          hmm like a little bit of SLIDERS, HMMM
          Oh right, hadn't thought about that.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            the working title usually means the title of the show when it airs.
            Irresistable's working title was "Delicious Fat Guy".

So no, it might be completely different.

Comment

Well...If that's true and it's a working title...hopefully they look at this Thread and say well....I guess we have to change that one. Because as it stands right now it's not looking that good.

Does anyone know what happen to the thread that I started that disappeared? I'm curious as to where it went.
              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

From the sound of this it seems they have finally realised what they need to do in order to make a decent new series using Stargate. Have NO connection to the other series other than the general mythology of the 'Gateverse.

It's very interesting that they don't want to have a show that's just a spin-off, yet it's still set in the present day. How that is achievable while keeping the protagonists as the humans on Earth - which is clearly the premise - without it seeming somehow disjointed it beyond me. Should be interesting when we finally learn what it's about.

Stargate: Universe is a crappy title. Hopefully that remains as the working title where it belongs. It needs a catchy word that identifies the central theme.

Whoever mentioned a group that doesn't have a home base, that's the most logical idea in keeping with what we know so far. That would be fun! It also makes it easier to keep the protagonists as the underdogs constantly, which is what I feel was one of the main problems with SG-1 and now Atlantis, not so vulnerable any more, and bigger and badder nasties gets old fast.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                  Does anyone know what happen to the thread that I started that disappeared? I'm curious as to where it went.
                  It probably went to the place where the other sock goes too.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

STARGATE UNIVERSE
                    Starring Corin Nemec as "Jonas Quinn"

lol

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                      From the sound of this it seems they have finally realised what they need to do in order to make a decent new series using Stargate. Have NO connection to the other series other than the general mythology of the 'Gateverse.

It's very interesting that they don't want to have a show that's just a spin-off, yet it's still set in the present day. How that is achievable while keeping the protagonists as the humans on Earth - which is clearly the premise - without it seeming somehow disjointed it beyond me. Should be interesting when we finally learn what it's about.

Stargate: Universe is a crappy title. Hopefully that remains as the working title where it belongs. It needs a catchy word that identifies the central theme.

Whoever mentioned a group that doesn't have a home base, that's the most logical idea in keeping with what we know so far. That would be fun! It also makes it easier to keep the protagonists as the underdogs constantly, which is what I feel was one of the main problems with SG-1 and now Atlantis, not so vulnerable any more, and bigger and badder nasties gets old fast.
                      While I disagree on you opinions about SG-1 and SGA I agree about the new series. They need to make it completly seperate from SG-1 and SGA. It needs to be it's own entity but with it being in current timeline Sg-1 or SGA characters could cross over. It sounds very interesting and I will indeed tune in. The SG franchise is indeed growing and I can't wait to hear about series 4! Also people don't worry about the title it's just a working title.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well the military *is* closing Cheyenne Mountain in real life. I always thought that could be the jumping off point for a new story arc. Move the gate to another secret location and bingo you have a new series.

Another possibility would be to give the gate back to the russians and make it russian based instead of american.

So there are a number of logical routes that could be followed without losing continuity. The only question that remains is if they can find a cast that can "find its stride" like the original SG-1 did so well. Atlantis kinda has it, but I do not think as well as SG-1. Perhaps maybe with time that will improve. I'm optomistic.

Comment

The title Stargate Universe hints at the idea of a show taking place not merely within a single galaxy ( as in SG-1 and Atlantis with the Milky Way and Pegasus respectively), but rather across the entire expanse of space itself, multiple galaxies, infinite possibilities.

I believe in the multiverse theory however. So pinning the show into a mere universe is... it'll be fine I'm sure!
                          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if somehow it could involve the earth falling to the Ori or another invader and it deals with a off world site where they are building up ships and forces to take it back? Perhaps it will revolve around the midway station between the two galaxies?

Comment

Stargate: Universe

how about

[INSERTING FAN BOYISH RESPONSE- TYPICAL KNEE JERK REACTION]

Stargate: Unrealistic Expectations?... or,

Stargate: We Figured out Ascension, Now What?

Com'on! I expected better. I really want this franchise to continue, and frankly a name like Universe is a big 'shoe' to fill. It almost seems like a certain producer is beginning to have delusions of Rick Berman. Ok, perhaps that was an unkind statement. He is talented, and has produced great work in the past.

But can it live up to a name like 'Universe'. I doubt it.

[INSERT MORE BALANCED COMMENT IN AN ATTEMPT TO NOT BE CLASSIFIED AS LEMMING]

Seriously, the title needs to be something that builds the audience
                              , not quantifies as a sci-fi only show. What would I suggest? How about....

Stargate

Yup, plain and simple. It's unique, has the sci-fi touch, and has meaning to everyone. It covers and encompasses the past, and is simple. It won't be confused with the old series, but might entice newbies.

Make it an ensemble show, with rotating headliners. Not just 6 lead characters that get killed down to 3 after 2 seasons. Rotate people in and out. Write character driven stories. Build drama. Have characters which have rich lives in and outside of the Stargate genre.

Ooooh! I like it more already. Since sadly BSG will not see season 5, maybe something of that quality.

Just my nickels worth.

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                              "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by Gelasius View Post
                                in my opinion it should be about going public with the stargate program. establishing fleets and slowly bringing all the new technology online and bringing the whole world in perspective to the stargate universe. essentially bringing the human race as a whole into the picture instead of select civilian and military personnel.
                                I agree! Yeah, maybe that's what the "working title" is all about. Bringing the whole world into the realm of a Stargate Universe. Indeed, the disclosure of the Stargate program is one of the only things that would allow a fresh start for the third series. That's definitely the best idea I've heard so far.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X