X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think hes asking if u cant beam thru backwards... which i doubt

if that was the case then in the quest 2
    Spoiler:
    the planet they were going to would of dialed, rather than the planet they were leaving. This would be to prevent the orii or anyone from finding them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Maybe if they figured out how to compress the beam into a radio signal, like Atlantis does with their information. They could piggyback a beaming signal with it and transport them through the event horizon. Just a thought.

: Green is Good.
      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leandros View Post
        The Asgard don't do anything to the iris, the connection they make is from another galaxy so all of the SGC's power is sucked to the gate. Lights, iris, computer all go down.
        Nope...power is generated at the originating gate. There is no power consumption on the receiving end. What the Asgard do when they visit us is send a signal (of some sort) through the gate that disables Terran technology, and then allows them to access the iris controls remotely.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

This has come up before a few times, it was concluded that the matter streams cannot penetrate anything that stops matter from passing through a gate, it also cannot go backwards through a wormhole, it is a matter stream and behaves just like matter does with gate travel, it was also suggested that you could send a set of rings through the gate if there were none on the otherside, but that they would be lost when they tried to retract.

Comment

we know that some transporters can lock onto the terminal end of a gate, but i would think that the asguard type transporters on the deadalus would need modification- as the stargate is effectively a hyperdrive that can dis-assemble and reassemble matter before transmitting it through the gate (to maximize efficiancy). I'ts as much a true wormhole as a hyperspace window (which apparently fits the profile, as that's what the show calls them), and there'fore the transporter would have to take into account the translation the gates had on the asguard beamng tech (which hasnt really been explained much).

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
              This has come up before a few times, it was concluded that the matter streams cannot penetrate anything that stops matter from passing through a gate, it also cannot go backwards through a wormhole, it is a matter stream and behaves just like matter does with gate travel, it was also suggested that you could send a set of rings through the gate if there were none on the otherside, but that they would be lost when they tried to retract.
              An interesting situation is if there are a set of rings right by two stargates and a ha'tak in orbit of the planet of origin. which would the rings think were closer the ones through the gate or the ha'tak in orbit?

Comment

Working...
              X