No announcement yet.

Lockdown (803)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought otherwise about the Doctor's 'voice', i don't know, it seemed so dull to me, but if shes going to be the regular doctor, they better make her have a better personality, because yes, i don't want a dull character on a week to week basis, i mean, chevron guy has a personality!
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It took us a while to know Janet, so it will the new one also!
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
        How do we know the whole planet is chilly and not just the area around the gate? Look at Earth; it's got so many diverse climates and ecosystems. If Anubis heads south I'm sure he can possess a sperm whale and use it to get his way
        Yeah, remember in "Solitudes" when Carter went to the surface of Antarctica and called it an "ice planet." She assumed the entire world was like that from just the gate area. I wonder how far from the gate they scout.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
          Yeah, remember in "Solitudes" when Carter went to the surface of Antarctica and called it an "ice planet." She assumed the entire world was like that from just the gate area. I wonder how far from the gate they scout.
          Did anyone see a DHD?
          sigpic

Comment

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. It was a nice change of pace to have EVERY member of the TEAM doing something that was pertinant to the storyline and everytime they were on screen they were doing it.
            Instead of having two or three different stories going on at once that continously divided my attention it was nice to have the show continously flow.
            I loved the *team* banter yet again, the *Apt Warming* Teal'c asking if he must prepare a meal. My first thought was "What would he cook?" Made me think of Klingon food. The whole three man team/potatoe thing was hilarious.

I wasn't too distracted by the new Dr and I too think that was the plan. Introduce her gradually.
            I agree with a lot of points already mentioned so no need to repeat.

Again, I was just enjoying that the whole team was part of the story and every one of them had a part in it, heck even Teal'c had lines every time he was on screen. So for an earth based episode I was pleasently surprised.
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
              One thing about this episode..I can't quite decide why I think that Russian did what he did at the end.

I can think of two...

Good reason:

Knew he would die and wanted to save General O'Neall.

Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.

The good reason seems more likely, and if that is the case, it's a better episode, but I don't know...
              I was bothered by what the russian charactar did as well. I was thinking why in the world did he do that. It still bothers me. How did he manage to get from the infirmary to the gateroom without being stopped? Were there no nurses or guards around? Just how far is it from the infirmary to the Gateroom? I wish we could have gotten a sense of what he was thinking. Why did he even think he could do anything to help?

Other then that. I liked this ep. Poor Daniel.
              sigpic
              Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                Why did he even think he could do anything to help?
                Because he is a Colonel in the Russian Air Force and just as capable as his American counterparts. Plus, he knew he was dying so he really didn't have to worry about getting killed.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                  I was bothered by what the russian charactar did as well. I was thinking why in the world did he do that. It still bothers me. How did he manage to get from the infirmary to the gateroom without being stopped? Were there no nurses or guards around? Just how far is it from the infirmary to the Gateroom? I wish we could have gotten a sense of what he was thinking. Why did he even think he could do anything to help?
                  It's kind of ethnocentric to think that the American personnel can handle the situation, but the decorated Russian Colonel is useless. Who's to say he couldn't come up with a better way to defeat Anubis?

He probably didn't want to sit around and do nothing while he waited for death. When he noticed O'Neill was in danger, he sacrificed himself because he was dying...plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                    Bad reason:

Adrian Conrad's reason.
                    He didn't do it for that reason. Conrad did it because he knew a symbiote would heal him, but Anubis is not a goa'uld symbiote anymore. The Russian knew Anubis wouldn't heal him - having been posessed by Anubis is why he was dying in the first place.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      Did anyone see a DHD?
                      Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                        Nope
                        There. he's stuck
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Exactly - if it's warranted. I honestly don't think anyone would have a problem with her if they hadn't been used to Janet. Not because people are mad that she's replacing Janet the same way people disliked Jonas for replacing Daniel, but without being used to the Dr. Fraiser character I don't think anyone would have expected Dr. Brightman to be anything more than what she was in this episode: A generic doctor character, needed by the plot. Just because TPTB decided to evolve Janet beyond that doesn't mean they'll do the same thing to this character. Not this late in the game.
                          But if you're an actor, isn't projecting a character ALWAYS warranted?

(I *really* don't intend that to be a snarky comment. I can't figure out a better wording, though--please don't take it as an offense! )
                          "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                          "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                          "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
                          --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Two questions, in addition to those already posted:

1. Why didn't they try tretonin on Vaselov? If they did, why didn't she mention she'd tried it--she gave Daniel and/or O'Neill the rest of his treatment history (in more detail than needed...)

2. What on Earth (or off it) would make us believe that the Ancients would step in if Anubis used his Ancients' powers? They didn't at the end of last season!
                            "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
                            "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
                            "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."

Comment

Originally posted by VixyOwl (~~Ani)
                              But if you're an actor, isn't projecting a character ALWAYS warranted?
                              Not offended (on Piggy's behalf ). I don't understand why people say she had no character in that episode. I disagree with that. I felt she had the right amount of development for what was needed by that character in that episode.
                              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                              once done, cannot be undone...
                              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Fair enough. That's a matter of opinion, so we're golden, there.

Myself, I thought that they introduced 2 new characters, and wrote off the wrong one. As you say, though, she may develop. We can only hope...

Comment

Working...
                                X