excuse my ignorance here but ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excuse my ignorance here but ....

Okay I hear people mention firefly and serenity in the same sentence.

What is firefly? I know serenity is a movie - I saw an ad on TV for it the other day. It didn't really go into any detail on what it was about though.

Now looking around you guys make it sound that it was/is/could be a TV series and not a movie.

So uhh what is it exactly?

Firefly is the series that the movie Serenity is based off of...Serenity is also the name of the ship in the series and movie
    sigpic

Comment

Thats it in a Nutshell. The class of ship is called Firefly.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by nathanaus
        Okay I hear people mention firefly and serenity in the same sentence.

What is firefly? I know serenity is a movie - I saw an ad on TV for it the other day. It didn't really go into any detail on what it was about though.

Now looking around you guys make it sound that it was/is/could be a TV series and not a movie.

So uhh what is it exactly?
        Hi Nathan...
        Check out our friendly neighbourhood FAQ thread...
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18305
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Hmm okay thank you.

So when does it come out?

Comment

Almost three weeks ago.
            Go see it in cinemas while you can. Trust me, its one of the best movies you'll see this year.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
              Almost three weeks ago.
              Go see it in cinemas while you can. Trust me, its one of the best movies you'll see this year.
              Hell yeah. Best movie I've seen in a long time, and probably the best I'll see in a while

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                Hell yeah. Best movie I've seen in a long time, and probably the best I'll see in a while
                It kicks some serious ass! One of the few movies I'm willing to shell out the bucks to see more than once in the theater!
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Serenity kicked butt I will soooooo see it again (prolly when it comes to the cheap seats) and I will definately buy it on DVD
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                    Almost three weeks ago.
                    Definitely worth seeing Serenity in the theater.

Also, you can get the series of Firefly on DVD. I bought the DVD after I saw the film. Maybe Sci Fi channel will continue to air episodes. Good commentaries with the DVD though.

Comment

I actually saw the last 7 episodes on Scfi the weekend before Serenity premiered here and then got the DVD the day after I saw the film.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        It kicks some serious ass! One of the few movies I'm willing to shell out the bucks to see more than once in the theater!
                        Me and my sister don't see movies that often. We live 80miles away from the nearest movie theater.

How I would love to be close enough and have enough money to go see every movie I want in theaters, I just can't.

Saw LOTR: TTT, Master and Commander, The Day After Tomorrow, Return of the King, Spiderman 2, War of the Worlds, Serenity, and some others.

All great movies

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

wow such high praise for a movie. it's been a long time since I've heard of a movie deserving high praise.

Used to be you were stuck for choices at the movie - kind of like a "what good movie will I see there is too many to pick from" but now it's more like "why don't they make good movies anymore? what happened to the quality of these things?"

I'll try catch it before it ends. I looked at my local theatre and they already have it down to just 2 showings a day. When that happens they usually only have it on for another week before taking it off.

Comment

It's pretty good... IMO... as good as Batman Begins... but a lot more witty banter...
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              It's pretty good... IMO... as good as Batman Begins... but a lot more witty banter...
                              Yet to see Batman Begins ..... I'm a little behind in my movie going

Comment

Working...
                              X