This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora epsiode ripoof of EFC episode

Did anyone watcht Earth Final Conflict from Gene Rodden berry. They had a same story about a race who once split up (ancient & Wraith, wel actually not split up, but wraith are humans turned by the arites bug)

You had the Talons and the Jaridians (once one species). the talons had intergalatic hyperdrive, but the Jaridians didn't have it. Also the Talons were loosing a ar againt the Jaridians in their own galaxy. but the Jaridians needed the intergalactic drive to expand and conquer the rest of the talons. SO they (Jaridians) kidnapped a humans who kewn a lot about the talon Hyperdrive and placed her in an simulation, and make her give them the hyperdrivetechnology. the only diffrence between the stories, is that in EFC the bad guys(who turned on to not so bad) got the technology. and in SGA the bad guy got nothing.

I immediatly suspected that was the main point in the story, the bad guy getting the hyperdrive technology.

Maybe i watch to much sci-fi . But watching so much TV can make certain storylines real old and not surprising. Actually seeing a ancient warship was cool, but the story was old and not original.

EFC was had not the big audience like SGA, so i thinks thats why they ripped it off, because almost no one would notice.

So in all, this episode dissapointed me very much.

Originally posted by FrankGuthrie
    EFC was had not the big audience like SGA, so i thinks thats why they ripped it off, because almost no one would notice.
    I doubt very much that TPTB were sitting around wondering whether or not they could "get away with" ripping off E:FC. I think TPTB wrote this story themselves *gasp* and that the Wraith were looking for more advanced hyperdrive technology because it makes sense in the SGA universe, and is supported by what has happened on previous episodes.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The situations are difference
      The Wraith were bugs who evolve after eating human,
      The Jaridians and Talon splits when they discover concentrated core energy can extended their life .And two species split because Talon can live a thousand ,and Jaridians 's life were shorten by 2/3.And the Talon can't breed.

In many Sci Fi or movies , people were set up by their enemies in a an simulation life.
      I think a movies about an Allies agent were fool into believing the WW2 were over and the German pretend to be his friend to get him to tell them about the secret of Normandy invasion, in star Trek , many people were inside the holdeck and get fool by the Enemies.

In EFC, the presideal election were fix by the Talon ,after they fade an assination on their candidate, and he win because of fake attempt on his life, some people thought the last Taiwanes President election were a rip off of EFC, because he got re-elected after the attemp on his life .

Comment

Working...
      X