Poof! New Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
    Considering we had THREE alternative reality/"Oh phew it was just hallucinations/illusions" episodes just THIS season, and that the writers apparently don't even bother with realism anymore, but just chuck whatever props they need into the story, I'd say nope,its not just you. I don't think anyone expected SGU to sink to this level of halfassed going through the motions THIS fast.

Remember the 300 episode, where they poked fun at themselves with sci-fi "coincidences". SGU is becoming a parody.of a sci-fi show.
    Realism?

They're on a million year old ship that goes faster than light and has a circle that makes artificial wormholes, and it has phaser guns, and they have rocks that let them control someone else's body on the other side of the universe in real time.

But when a ship appears due to some unknown outside force, that's unrealistic.

Comment

I'm glad they got their shuttle back, good as new. Destiny actually has three shuttle pads. I wonder what happened to the third one...

Comment

How convenient. How do these aliens even know what the original paint colour was? Maybe they are masters at time, revert time on the shuttle to when it was first built and painted.

Comment

Well, the could've, I don't know, looked at the other shuttle when Scott was flying around on the planet they created...

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            How convenient. How do these aliens even know what the original paint colour was? Maybe they are masters at time, revert time on the shuttle to when it was first built and painted.
            They could have scanned it and reverse engineered it.

Comment

ah damn, I have mastered the not so insignificant tasks of creating a solar system with habitable planet from scratch, of reanimating corpses and of instantly transporting stuff from one galaxy to another without leaving a trace... BUT I'll be damned if I can figure out what colour of paint to put on this shuttle... wilma I need some help over here!!!
              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                ah damn, I have mastered the not so insignificant tasks of creating a solar system with habitable planet from scratch, of reanimating corpses and of instantly transporting stuff from one galaxy to another without leaving a trace... BUT I'll be damned if I can figure out what colour of paint to put on this shuttle... wilma I need some help over here!!!
                "You clean up your own mess Wilbert! And what are those strange bipedal creatures you're glueing together, and why do they keep falling apart?!? Oh, geez look at that! The cat got hold of one of them! GET BACK HERE! Wilbert you're cleaning up that mess!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  You're avoiding the point with a silly line. The shuttle really said nothing to do with the alien's motivations or who they were, or indeed, failed to say anything about them. Again, we already knew what kind of power they possessed. This episode added nothing.
                  Oh sorry, I'm not much of the "I'm right and you're wrong so I'm going to argue the same point endlessly" type of guy, or at least not anymore. I asked a question, you answered it. There's not much else to talk about it. I'm pretty sure the story line was largely affected by their need for a ship, I was just poking around to see if some thought that maybe it wasn't the sole factor.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Oh sorry, I'm not much of the "I'm right and you're wrong so I'm going to argue the same point endlessly" type of guy, or at least not anymore. I asked a question, you answered it. There's not much else to talk about it. I'm pretty sure the story line was largely affected by their need for a ship, I was just poking around to see if some thought that maybe it wasn't the sole factor.
                    Then you might consider, next time, stating that you understand now what you didn't before, and don't feel a need to further discuss things. Clarity makes a world of difference on the internet. At least we're agreed that we didn't learn anything about the aliens in this episode that we didn't already know or presume.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                      Realism?

They're on a million year old ship that goes faster than light and has a circle that makes artificial wormholes, and it has phaser guns, and they have rocks that let them control someone else's body on the other side of the universe in real time.

But when a ship appears due to some unknown outside force, that's unrealistic.
                      first chuckle of the day
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I personally didn't see the return of a shuttle as a cop out, I found it was brought back in a very interesting way, not bad writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                          Time had a zero net effect on Destiny or the crew aside from them not dying due to something we hadn't known about before that episode.

We learned nothing that was conducive to the mission or getting them home.
                          We got that super alien venom which has been used alot since then to save lives...In fact, most of the Destiny crew would have died from the disease they brought back in the water from the ice planet if it weren't for the venom...

How do you even know that they got the paint color exactly as it was originally? Maybe there were just a few stray paint molecules attached to the hull and the extrapolated what the shuttle could have looked like when it was new? And considering all the powerful sensors and computers in the shutle, maybe it had that information stored somewhere? Or maybe they accessed Destiny's computers at some point to get the information? Or maybe they scanned one of the crew members' brains who had previously seen an image in Destiny's computer of what the shuttle looked like when it was new?

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                            How do you even know that they got the paint color exactly as it was originally? Maybe there were just a few stray paint molecules attached to the hull and the extrapolated what the shuttle could have looked like when it was new? And considering all the powerful sensors and computers in the shutle, maybe it had that information stored somewhere? Or maybe they accessed Destiny's computers at some point to get the information? Or maybe they scanned one of the crew members' brains who had previously seen an image in Destiny's computer of what the shuttle looked like when it was new?
                            Guess the paint-job was one of the smallest problems. Even with our technology, we are able to determine the color of ancient greek statues. So it ain't a long shot to assume one uber-advanced civilization will get the color from the shuttle.
                            Or they just used their favorite color for it.
                            Any sufficiently advanced race is indistinguishable from god.

(..to any insufficiently advanced race)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
                              It would make more sense for the seed ships that manufacture gates to also manufacture shuttles. And maybe repair robots, spare parts, space suits, ftl drives, .....
                              Not really. I have worked places with an assembly line for making Y.. To retool it to make Z, B or D would take a lot of effort. And full retooling to make H or S..

Question - They only noticed that there was a kino still in the shuttle at the end, right? or did I miss something?
                              It was kind of strange, them all of a sudden finding it like that.. Almost like a set up.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                It was kind of strange, them all of a sudden finding it like that.. Almost like a set up.
                                Thats what I was wondering about. I would have thought that Young would have had that shuttle thoroughly searched right away(or at least I would think one would do that when encountering a mysterious shuttle that popped out of no where), so they probably would have noticed the kino earlier. I was thinking that it was probably put there after by someone/some being, maybe as a way of trying to explain what was happening. That would make sense, I guess, if the aliens really didn't know that the Faith people were going to die all over again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X