Poof! New Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    If we had actually learned something about the aliens, you'd have a point. But we know nothing much that we didn't know before, ie, that any race capable of constructing a planet and a star like that, would have other mind-boggling powers.

So yes, lazy writing to get a good shuttle. Overall, I thought the episode was decent, though, so I give them a pass on it. My only question is: why do they still only have two suits? They should have three or four by now.
    But couldn't you say that we learned, as viewers, that they will be part of a larger arc and not just a one time mystery? Sort of like dramatic irony, the characters don't know that they are in a tv show, thus they can't think of it as a plot. But we, knowing it it tv, know that something that gets repeated twice like this, will be repeated more often and with a purpose. Or at least we hope it has a purpose.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Anyone who says this episode was to find out more about the aliens ... seriously?

What more did we learn thats conducive to the mission?

Nothing.

We know the light at the end on the kino was "assumed" to be supernatural, but, heres the thing, during "sabotage" when we dial back to the planet Eli, Scott and Chloe return from - the Blues have lights on their ships

So i see the Blues being behind this as more of a plausible theory than "the writers used Caine and co returning so we could find out more about the Eden aliens and to give us a brand spanking new shuttle for an episode there forward planning didnt apparently reach."

N.C

Comment

the aliens clearly have some vested interest in Destiny or its mission, either for it succeeding or failing
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          But couldn't you say that we learned, as viewers, that they will be part of a larger arc and not just a one time mystery? Sort of like dramatic irony, the characters don't know that they are in a tv show, thus they can't think of it as a plot. But we, knowing it it tv, know that something that gets repeated twice like this, will be repeated more often and with a purpose. Or at least we hope it has a purpose.
          Perhaps you didn't, but the rest of us figured the Faith aliens would pop up again later on. A mystery that big you just can't ignore. So, nope, this episode didn't add that, sorry. Perhaps if the Eden zombies had come with a message from the aliens, we might have learned something. But instead they gave us nothing.

Comment

I found the storyline creepy, and just a vehicle to return the ....vehicle
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I think there is more to the shuttle than we have seen so far,

it was a great way to see what everything should look like if new.

I think the aliens that created the planet have some connection to the signals rush is watching. not god per say but something powerful. i think this episode was setting up that structure.

i dont think they dead were sent back for novelty i think there is something more to come, a trick, perhaps a guide. like in BSG.

Comment

Question - They only noticed that there was a kino still in the shuttle at the end, right? or did I miss something?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  Question - They only noticed that there was a kino still in the shuttle at the end, right? or did I miss something?
                  Yes, they found it at the end, right after Caine decided to die watching the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                    So they got a brand new shuttle out of it....

just need to find one more

I was 1/2 expecting it to disappear or something
                    Not here after they started to die i got the idea that this whole episode was just because the writers had suddenly decided they wanted Destiny to have a new shuttle.

But is it just me or did SGU become just about 5 times worse then anyone had expected it even could, seriosly couldn´t the writers have come up with a better way to give them a new shuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                      Perhaps you didn't, but the rest of us figured the Faith aliens would pop up again later on. A mystery that big you just can't ignore. So, nope, this episode didn't add that, sorry. Perhaps if the Eden zombies had come with a message from the aliens, we might have learned something. But instead they gave us nothing.
                      Except a ship of course
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

I look forward to when they crash this shuttle, and the following episode theyll probably just happen to find another shuttle drifting "mysteriously" in empty space.

I doubt that they wrote this episode just for the shuttle though. They'd probably come up with something more clever.if that was the case. It's more like the writers drew straws on who'd get "put shuttle in your next episode"

Or maybe they brainstormed it in unison, and the only other things they could think of was:

"Bad news Chloe... your body is changing much faster than anticipated. Also, it seems you're not transforming into one of the blue aliens as originally thought, but into some sort of organic shuttlecraft!"

Or:

"Good morning sir! You'll never guess what we found last night while exploring the ship!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacdru View Post
                          But is it just me or did SGU become just about 5 times worse then anyone had expected it even could, seriosly couldn´t the writers have come up with a better way to give them a new shuttle.
                          Considering we had THREE alternative reality/"Oh phew it was just hallucinations/illusions" episodes just THIS season, and that the writers apparently don't even bother with realism anymore, but just chuck whatever props they need into the story, I'd say nope,its not just you. I don't think anyone expected SGU to sink to this level of halfassed going through the motions THIS fast.

Remember the 300 episode, where they poked fun at themselves with sci-fi "coincidences". SGU is becoming a parody.of a sci-fi show.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Except a ship of course
                            You're avoiding the point with a silly line. The shuttle really said nothing to do with the alien's motivations or who they were, or indeed, failed to say anything about them. Again, we already knew what kind of power they possessed. This episode added nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                              So they got a brand new shuttle out of it....

just need to find one more

I was 1/2 expecting it to disappear or something
                              If the people died the shuttle should have too...I sure as hell wouldnt ride in it

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                                Anyone who says this episode was to find out more about the aliens ... seriously?

What more did we learn thats conducive to the mission?

Nothing.

We know the light at the end on the kino was "assumed" to be supernatural, but, heres the thing, during "sabotage" when we dial back to the planet Eli, Scott and Chloe return from - the Blues have lights on their ships

So i see the Blues being behind this as more of a plausible theory than "the writers used Caine and co returning so we could find out more about the Eden aliens and to give us a brand spanking new shuttle for an episode there forward planning didnt apparently reach."

N.C
                                Time had a zero net effect on Destiny or the crew aside from them not dying due to something we hadn't known about before that episode.

We learned nothing that was conducive to the mission or getting them home.

Comment

Working...
                                X