Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9, i found the storyline with the people from the planet very interesting. the idea of them already being dead was a good twist. and at the end the light made it seem like they could have ascended. also it seemed to me that the people that built the planet returned their bodies to the ship.

the stuff with chloe seemed kind of out of place in this ep. i guess that they've given up on caring her, but when they were saying goodbye she hadn't really shown that she was completely gone yet. unless they want to say goodbye while shes still there...

overall great episode.
    sigpic

Comment

While it had some really good character stuff, the ep was slow and I'm rather meh on the A story. I think I actually liked the B story with Chloe more.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Great emotional episode. Tied up a loose end or two, only to expose a whole lot more.
        sigpic

Comment

8 - Several episodes in a row now that I have thought were good. I hate that the show is just now getting good, since many have abandoned it and could fall short of renewal.

Comment

9 from me.

I'm in minority who loves slower pace, philosophical questions and meaty character scenes, and the ep had it all in spades. Even though I loved Faith (it's my second fave ep of season 1) I was dreading its follow-up, afraid it would be messy and cliched. Yet I was very pleasantly surprised. Nothing was ham-fisted, plot was intelligent, acting was awesome (honours this week go to AF and JWS), many threads were continued and as shantar said, it definitely packed an emotional punch. Hell, it made me cry.

The stuff with Chloe was great and count me in as another one demanding more Chloe/Greer interaction. In terms of character moments Visitation rocked, there were so many awesome scenes...TJ and Young talking about their baby, Park commenting on Greer's depth (this 'ship seems more and more likely), Rush frustration at lack of the crew's enthusiasm and understanding of Destiny's mission, Greer/Matt scene...make it every scene with Greer...Wray/Young talk etc.

I freaking loved it!
            There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
            sigpic
            awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

I give it a seven not enough mission talk but good episode.

Comment

I gave it a 5. Fair. It certainly makes the planet building aliens a bigger part of the picture, it got the destiny a brand spankin new shuttle (which they really needed), and it settles what happened to the folks that got left behind. It did however not further the bigger mystery about the cosmic message, destiny's destination, the seed ship pod aliens, what happened to talford, etc. No fights. that's always a minus in my book.. .

Comment

I gave it a 5 not bad, but not really good either.

Comment

Did anyone else catch part of that SG-1 episode afterward? Metamorphosis or something like that. It actually made me a little sad to know that I've paid for that episode, given that I have the entire SG-1 series on DVD.

If I'd just turned off my television after SGU and logged on, I'd probably have rated Visitation a 6 or 7. After seeing that SG-1 episode, though, it really drove home just how high-quality the entire second season of SGU has been. Even when an episode is only above-average, there are still things there which are of interest to me, and the overall feel of the episode is very solid/well-done. I gave it a 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Benr96 View Post
                      you shouldn't rate it on comparison to the other eps rate it by itself (i'm noty saying thats what you did but it sound kind of like you did)
                      I think you're the misguided one. Please original guidelines:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ate-Cloverdale

Since the only people on a Stargate forum are Stargate fans, if we did not compare episodes then the scale between 5 to 1 would be redundant since we all love sci-fi shows and Stargate. The scale has 10 levels not just 9 or 10.

Comment

I liked much of the episode, but some of the scenes needed more depth, especially the scene with Greer and Chloe and with the character deaths. I give it an 8.

Comment

After some thoughts I gave 9. Yes, it was slow, but packed with character development for build-up for midseason finale and next half of the season. Greer was gold, TJ emotions was raw and pure, it was nice to see Yong sane again. And they aren't afraid to joke about each other anymore. Also Yong and Eli "Clark and Churchill" exchange was nice

It also has a very good mystery. It rises more questions about obelisk planet aliens. What they want from us? In fact, I feel like Yong - frightened. We are ants for them. And they seems to be very happy to mess with us.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            No where as interesting or suspenseful as the prior 3 eps..
                            Agreed, so I voted 5 on Visitation.

I've got to say I'm personally really not into this "mystery super powerful aliens (or god, interpretation seems variable) may or may not be screwing with us" plotline. Sadly, the Park/Greer scene on the observation deck did nothing for the female character, again. "You're being too deep again"?! And I was starting to like Park... way to bring her back down to bedwarmer levels.

Plus aspects: Greer/Chloe, Greer/Scott and Wray/Young scenes (although we've only seen them work together for a few episodes and I really wish they started with that way earlier).

Comment

Originally posted by Kelara View Post
                              Agreed, so I voted 5 on Visitation.

I've got to say I'm personally really not into this "mystery super powerful aliens (or god, interpretation seems variable) may or may not be screwing with us" plotline. Sadly, the Park/Greer scene on the observation deck did nothing for the female character, again. "You're being too deep again"?! And I was starting to like Park... way to bring her back down to bedwarmer levels.

Plus aspects: Greer/Chloe, Greer/Scott and Wray/Young scenes (although we've only seen them work together for a few episodes and I really wish they started with that way earlier).
                              It's funny, I read that in completely the opposite way. He was coming over all military-experienced-dude and she's like, "Yeah, don't talk. That's not what you're here for, toy boy!" She's the smart one, he's the bedwarmer in my version of events
                              sigpic

Comment

It amazes me how much I can think of specifics of the show, ie. the cgi or the acting that I analyse and rate. I know it's fake, yet every time I watch an episode, I feel like I'm there. I felt like I was there in this episode too, I give it an 8.5 out of 10, mainly for the editing and acting. There was a decent amount of progress and it did create more questions than it answered, but there were some good lines in the show that are going to be used to build up tension for an amazing season finale. I can feel it already. Obviously this wasn't one of the best episodes, but it's far from boring. I liked that scene between Scott and Greer.
                                SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
                                SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
                                ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
                                Spoiler:
                                *beep*
                                Young: "What the hell was that?"
                                Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Working...
                                X