Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhh! Direct Photo evidence won't convince true believers!

Anyway, a thought hit me... the people wound up on Earth... but in the time of the Ancients. It was their stories that told the Ancients about the background radiation signal, and thus why they built Destiny: to fulfill history. Thus, the Ancients will include something on Destiny for the future crew (and explain why they never traveled to Destiny, because history said they didn't). Perhaps our crew will find a room with stuff designed for them or something.

Although this would be pulling off of Atlantis where Weir goes back in time and makes it so the crew can survive on Atlantis.

Comment

I loved it. Rush was awesome. Young as well. I do not understand why Eli is so upset.. everyone is alive and well (somehow!) so it is as the other timeline never happened, or am I wrong? Except for Telford, is not really dead but I am glad, that he is not on Destiny anymore. Did not like him that much... Whats up with Wray? Shes becoming more likeable as well... great episode all in all! The bits about Carter, Jackson and McKay are awesome as well! and Eli working with them at SGC? Great picture there...
      Man... Syfy..... why does it have to end like this? You not care about your scripted shows anymore, do you?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        I loved it. Rush was awesome. Young as well. I do not understand why Eli is so upset.. everyone is alive and well (somehow!) so it is as the other timeline never happened, or am I wrong? Except for Telford, is not really dead but I am glad, that he is not on Destiny anymore. Did not like him that much... Whats up with Wray? Shes becoming more likeable as well... great episode all in all! The bits about Carter, Jackson and McKay are awesome as well! and Eli working with them at SGC? Great picture there...
        Man... Syfy..... why does it have to end like this? You not care about your scripted shows anymore, do you?
        I got that he was upset as his grand plan to save them all was going to kill them all instead.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I have not liked Telford from the start. Even as a reformed bad guy he's a jerk.

Less is more and I hope we are done with him. Pushy pompous arrogant jerk!

I was hoping his eyes would pop!

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
            seriously that's so cut and dried for showing three bays that there's NO argument whatsoever there. i'm more than happy to ms paint that sucker to show where they are.

Egle01: 1
            jelgate: 0
            Photo evidence isn't absolute as proof. For example I remember CGI goofs in Atlantis that gave space Stargates 8 chevrons instead of 9.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
              I have not liked Telford from the start. Even as a reformed bad guy he's a jerk.

Less is more and I hope we are done with him. Pushy pompous arrogant jerk!

I was hoping his eyes would pop!
              i was half expecting that as well... but i guess that is a bit much for the show...

Telford will be back though, as the 'future one' managed to end up back on earth.... so Telford will now end up as the reaccuring character he originally was...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Photo evidence isn't absolute as proof. For example I remember CGI goofs in Atlantis that gave space Stargates 8 chevrons instead of 9.
                you hang on to that thought Jel lol. there's a big difference between a cgi goof showing 8 chevrons and destiny having a spare shuttle bay!

admit defeat at the hands of your Egle overlord!

Comment

you hang on to that thought Jel lol. there's a big difference between a cgi goof showing 8 chevrons and destiny having a spare shuttle bay!

admit defeat at the hands of your Egle overlord!
                  This is not a competition to decide who is right and who is wrong. The point is you can't use a picture alone to verify something as proof. Show me something more concrete in canon like someone mentioning their is 3 bays and maybe I'll believe you. Right now is just fan speculation
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    This is not a competition to decide who is right and who is wrong. The point is you can't use a picture alone to verify something as proof. Show me something more concrete in canon like someone mentioning their is 3 bays and maybe I'll believe you. Right now is just fan speculation
                    Agreed, it's not a competition. Do you also consider the gate room's location in Destiny to be speculation, because it's been only shown (in "Earth"), but no one has mentioned?
                    sigpic

Comment

I wish a someone with authority would give their two cents on this but isn't canon anything that's shown in the show regardless of whether or not it's dialogue? ie: if its shown on screen, its canon. Just because they haven't mentioned it doesn't mean its not there.

does Schroedinger's cat apply here somewhere? lol

Comment

I wish a someone with authority would give their two cents on this but isn't canon anything that's shown in the show regardless of whether or not it's dialogue? ie: if its shown on screen, its canon. Just because they haven't mentioned it doesn't mean its not there.
                        does Schroedinger's cat apply here somewhere? lol
                        Of course but when its vague like that I'm skepetic to what it means. It could be a 3rd shuttle bay. It could also be other things
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I consider it canon. The CGI team acknowledged (Mark Savela in some past interview) their mistakes with SGA and said they work extra hard to keep SGU visuals consistent. Doubtful they'd throw in another shuttle bay just because.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            Anyway, a thought hit me... the people wound up on Earth... but in the time of the Ancients. It was their stories that told the Ancients about the background radiation signal, and thus why they built Destiny: to fulfill history. Thus, the Ancients will include something on Destiny for the future crew (and explain why they never traveled to Destiny, because history said they didn't). Perhaps our crew will find a room with stuff designed for them or something.
                            I love this theory i really do, that is an awesome idea, it might be wrong or right, might be full of holes - but still great thinking !!

Now, i have to confess, i didnt enjoy this episode very much, for ONE reason.

The writers seemed to operate on this formula, [Destiny has problem, story is written to fix problem]

I have to admit, i've seen episodes like that before, but they never bothered me because it was so glaringly obvious and in your face about it. I've always found the best episodes on Stargate (well some, not all) where a story is written, and then a plausible fix/temporary solution to the problems was found along the course of that story. But doing it in reverse; once i can handle because i enjoyed the episode, and i suspect i would have enjoyed TD MUCH MUCH more had that nargling little thought NOT been stuck in the back of my mind.

As soon as the little forum session in the opening minutes of the ep had finished, everything that happened was so obviously geared towards just giving Destiny what it needed to continue the mission I love SGU i really do, but this episode for me sticks out like a sore thumb trying to flag down a lift on a highway somewhere.

Everything else was awesome, the CGI as usual was awesome, character interactions were good - it was just that continual through line for me that spoilt it, knowing the everything to come was predictable to certain extent and i havent seen ANY promo's or gone trawling for spoilers for these back half episodes.

Maybe i'm expecting too much after the furore of last weeks ep, but this just didnt sit right with me

N.C
                            Last edited by Nth Chevron; 15 March 2011, 10:08 AM. Reason: Dumbass cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
                              Did anyone else get chills when they showed damaged Destiny
                              or when Destiny descended into a star. That was amazing, just like the whole episode
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                I consider it canon. The CGI team acknowledged (Mark Savela in some past interview) their mistakes with SGA and said they work extra hard to keep SGU visuals consistent. Doubtful they'd throw in another shuttle bay just because.
                                For those asking/discussing, there is a third "landing pad" on the port side of the Destiny directly behind the forward facing one. When we first discovered the Destiny, it had one working shuttle in the center, one damaged shuttle on the port side and one empty landing bay. This landing bay has been empty for the run of the series, but yes, it is a Shuttle landing bay.

Comment

Working...
                                X